I got my copy a couple of years ago as a Christmas present from my wife. Unfortunately, she got me the French version (and I don't understand French) and I don't have the heart to tell her I wanted the English version.

Still, the pictures are fantastic, and I can understand some of the French. I use it quite often. So I'm happy :)

Harvey

Grant, I just emailed them and my message bounced back to me.  Did they take paypal ?

Brian,

I had some trouble with email initially bouncing back until I discovered that the computer had inserted a couple of \\ into the email address.  I think it did this when I clicked on the email link from the site.  When I took these out of the address and re-sent, it worked fine.  I suggest you check your original sent mail and see if the same thing happened with yours.  Once I fixed the addressing, I received a response within 24 hours.

As for Paypal, I'm not sure - I paid via Credit Card.  Again, I suggest you ask in your email.

Thanks Jan.

Brian, as far as I know they don't take Paypal. I have bought a few books from them and I paid by credit card also. I am about to by the one about John Paul Ship, seen it when I was on the site the other day.

Wacko

Joe :D

Go MSW :) :)

thanks Grant. I always feel a bit apprehensive if paypal isn't offered by a business .  Do you recall how much the postage was to Australia ?

Brian,

With postage, the total cost was 108 Euros (I opted for the slightly more expensive postal option as it included insurance). Even with the postage, I still think this book well worth the cost.

Brian,

You won't regret getting this book.  It's worth it at twice the price in my opinion.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

One of the very best books in my collection. You definitely will not regret the expense.

There aren't but two options: do it FAST, or do it RIGHT.

Current Project Build Log: Soleil Royal in 1/72. Kit by Artesania Latina.

Last finished projectsRoyal Ship Vasa 1628; French Vessel Royal Louis 1780. 1/90 Scale by Mamoli. 120 Cannons

Future projects already in my stash: Panart: San Felipe 1/75; OcCre: Santísima Trinidad 1/90;

Wish List: 1/64 Amati Victory, HMS Enterprise in 1/48 by CAF models.

So much to build, so little time!

Brian,

You won't regret getting this book.  It's worth it at twice the price in my opinion.

Mark,

It was your initial post in this thread that made me go looking for this book. And I agree with you!

Don,

I think modellers at all levels will appreciate this book. There is much to be learnt, and also much to drool over and aspire to.

Don,

Frolich does a lot of explaining how he does things.  Not just with text but with pictures.  I'd say it's for anyone who loves ship models and for any level of builder.

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Don,

I think that might be an apples and oranges kind of comparison or not.   Toss a coin?   Or maybe between Naiad and TFFM... still toss a coin.  Euryalus and either of those.... toss a coin again.  They all are excellent.  The question is "what are you seeking?".  

Disclaimer:  I have all the books I mentioned and they all are suitable.  Even Hahn's Ships of the American Revolution, in my opinion. 

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:

I reckon having a library of great modelling books on the bookshelf is a most satisfying and enjoyable thing.

Yep, gotta agree there. As well as having all the ones Mark mentioned, I just received my copy of The Restoration Warship. Got it for a very good price through Abe Books. Another nice addition to the Library / Coffee Table.

Hello, my name is Grant and I am a ship modelling book-aholic............

Brian,

I believe you will love it.  And yes, a library is always a good thing.  ;)

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:

Gents, my book was just delivered this morning.  Its every bit as spectacular as you said.  It will take pride of place in my bookshelf.

Now don't just put on the bookshelf...   :P  :P :P  

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:

Glad to hear of your delight with the book Brian, but Mark is right.....