Buying Rigging Line

Ok so this is a very specific silly question, but I'm very anal about how my boat looks.

The rigging line that came with my boat is very rustic looking... it's nice and soft and has tiny bits of thread coming off of it. I ran out of it and bought some new line from Amati (same people who made my boat), but I don't like the look of it... it's very clean and new looking, and a bit stiff.

I've attached a pic of the two threads below... the one I like is the top one. I know this probably seems ridiculous seeing as they look almost identical in the picture, but there's a bigger difference in person.

Anyway, I'm just wondering where I might be able to get some of the rustic looking thread?

post-1335-0-53075500-1401931021.jpg

Wow that is a tough question. Personally I usually wax my line to get rid of the fuzz. Chuck sells some scale model rope that is very authentic in scale and look. but I am afraid it will not suit you purpose here.

Current Builds - 18th Century Longboat, MS Syren

Completed Builds - MS Bluenose, Panart BatteStation Cross section, Endevour J Boat Half Hull, Windego Half Hull, R/C T37 Breezing Along, R/C Victoria 32, SolCat 18

On the shelf - Panart San Felipe, Euromodel Ajax, C.Mamoli America, 

Its a sailor's Life for me! :10_1_10:

If you think that would suit you. I have quite a collection to share.

Completed Builds - MS Bluenose, Panart BatteStation Cross section, Endevour J Boat Half Hull, Windego Half Hull, R/C T37 Breezing Along, R/C Victoria 32, SolCat 18

I will send you pictures so you don't have to waste postage until we are sure it is what you want.