Sir Winston Churchill by Lory - Billing Boats

Glue- for most porous things, plain old white Elmer's glue.  Let it dry on your fingers and just rub it off.  Isopropyl alcohol 90% will soften it so you can cut and scrape it away (places like around your rail on the deckhouse) and other squeezeouts.  Let it sit a minute and it gets soft.  You'll learn with time, just be patient with the alk.  A lot of people use yellow wood glue also, but I don't think you can use the alcohol on it.

Chainplates- Sometimes those strap chainplates are entirely within the planking and don't show except where they connect to the deadeye straps.

Wire-Piano wire might work, a friend of mine used wire from the wire brushes from his son's drum set.  Stayed really straight for radio antennas.  Whatever suits your needs, it doesn't have to come from a hobby shop.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Okay, thanks to Turatopgun I have taken up tools again.  The lesson for today is, when you don;t want to do it, don't do it.  I had to undo some of what I had done last time.  I recall getting chippy at the model last time and I have no idea where my head was, stuff was just plain... wrong.

Good news!  All better now, took a page from my reading here and just undid the errors and redid them properly.

Got the yardarms (?) completed... I am happy with them.post-13631-0-43272000-1453611997_thumb.jpg