Pandora by marsalv - FINISHED - 1:52

Hi marsalv,

It's always good when you make a post.  I look forward to seeing your cannons.  Even though you're new to turning I have faith your guns will be as nice as everything else you've done.  I can't envision you doing anything second rate...... that is unless you build one.  ;-)

Tom

Hello Marsalv,

stunning work! Really nice, it will be one of best Pandora models I have seen.

Alex

Edited by Alex M

Current build: HMS Sphynx, 20 gun ship launched in 1775 at Portsmouth, Hampshire.

On the drawing board: HMS Anson, 64 gun third rate ship of the line, launched in 1781 at Plymouth

Banner_AKHS.png

Marslav,

You were a machinist in a previous life!  Beautiful work.

Tom

• 2 weeks later...

Marsala

I hope you don't mind a bunch of questions so here goes.   Did you etch away material around the monogram so the monogram itself is raised?  Any details you can share on how you made these would be very much appreciated.  Were there any problems with the CA holding tight during or since the blackening process?  What blackening solution do you use?  Sorry for all the questions, but your cannons are extremely fine and I for one would love to know more.

Thanks

Allan

PLEASE take 30 SECONDS and sign up for the epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series.   Click on http://trafalgar.tv   There is no cost other than the 30 seconds of your time.  THANK YOU

To Allan - the monogram is not my production, these are made by "etching" company (http://www.etchworks.cz/). Normally are parts etched simultaneously from both side, here is etching made only from one side. Before gluing is necessary to roughen both surfaces (eg. tweezers) then glue adheres well (I had to repair two pieces from 20). The solution for blackening - heated solution water and patina for Tiffany technique (ratio 50 : 1) (http://www.vensy.cz/vensy/eshop/12-1-Tiffany-technika-cinovani/31-2-Chemie-pro-cinovani/5/345-Patina-cerna-tiffany-technika)

Carriages assembly.

post-382-0-12129900-1464688362.jpg

post-382-0-25654900-1464688363.jpg

post-382-0-89380500-1464688363.jpg

post-382-0-52565800-1464688364.jpg

G'day Marsalv

Your canons are splendid. Was each one done separately or you used a master to copy them. The reason why I asked is that they all seems so uniformed.

Henry Ford will be so proud of your product line! Amazing workmanship mate.

havagooday my friend

Greg

"Nothing is impossible, it's only what limitations that you put on yourself make it seems impossible! "

Current log : The Royal Yacht Royal Caroline 1749 1:32 by Greg Ashwood:...

G'day Marsalv

Having no duplicators even makes the work you done even more incredible.

Your detailed work on the carriage is superb.

Havagooday

Greg

"Nothing is impossible, it's only what limitations that you put on yourself make it seems impossible! "

G'day Marsalv

I know that the canons carriage should be red, but it's a real shame that you have to cover the wonderful raw wood with paint.

havagooday my friend

Greg

Edited by Greg the peg leg sailor

Greetings!  I am new to this forum and have thoroughly enjoyed reading through this thread!  I have the old HMS Pandora kit by Constructo, and immediately found problems with the kit.  Your building log has given me a few ideas for making corrections, particularly in the shape of the bow.  Thank you!

Your model looks outstanding!

wyzwyk, where in CT do you live?  I live just a few miles north of New London.

Bill 

The nuts and bolts, etc., may be purchased from Scale Hardware http://www.scalehardware.com/. It's a great resource.

Greg

website
Admiralty Models

moderator Echo Cross-section build
Admiralty Models Cross-section Build

Finished build
Pegasus, 1776, cross-section

Current build
Speedwell, 1752

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to all for very nice comments.

To RedDawg - blackening solution is desribed in post  #206, with regard to nuts and bolts I used the following parts that simulate bolts and nuts:

http://www.litomysky.cz/kadee/kad088.htm.

So the guns are finally done, rigging will be added immediately prior to installation aboard.

post-382-0-36742000-1465889957.jpg

post-382-0-30023700-1465889958.jpg

post-382-0-92818500-1465889958.jpg

post-382-0-59876900-1465889959.jpg

post-382-0-84646400-1465889960_thumb.jpg

Beautiful work and excellent detail.

I think Wacowolf has said it all. Just brilliant

Havagooday mate

Greg