Pandora by marsalv - FINISHED - 1:52

• 2 weeks later...

beautiful work Marsalv,

those chainplates look very well done....

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50

Your work on this makes it one of the best scratch builds on the site. Methinks museum quality. This buds for you! :cheers:

John Allen

Current builds HMS Victory-Mamoli

On deck

USS Tecumseh, CSS Hunley scratch build, Double hull Polynesian canoe (Holakea) scratch build

Finished

Waka Taua Maori War Canoe, Armed Launch-Panart, Diligence English Revenue Cutter-Marine  Model Co. 

Somehow I missed this log previously... Had a lot of a great catch-up today! 

The quality and precision is excellent, planking is great, everything is a pleasure to read.. Thank you, this log is a pure joy :)

Marsalv, as someone who is also working on a post ship I take special delight in following your build.  Your Pandora is absolutely gorgeous!   I will surely employ some of the building techniques and jigs you use in the construction of my model.  Thanks!

Tom

Edited by wyzwyk

Marslav,

If I didn't know better I would think the pictures are of the actual full size ship.  The detail is amazing.  I have been following this log for a while just to see the pics and what is possible.

Tom

Hey Marsalv,

I'm wondering if you intend to charter your ship for sailing holidays/courses when it is complete?

We know you're trying to kid us that you're building a model ~~ but we're on to you . . . we KNOW your ship is a full-size replica of the Pandora!!!

Jim.

I cut it twice . . . . . and it's still too short!

HMS Leopard 1790; scratch build 1:80 PoB

Cross Section - HMS Leopard 1790 - 1:44         

I don't even know what to say.  I am speechless.  The quality and precision of your work is something to behold.

Tom

Marsalv,

That figurehead is amazing.  Is it carved in wood or sculpted in clay... or maybe something else?

Tom

Wonderful, Marsalv! Based on museum pieces I've seen she is exactly the style and look of contemporary figureheads.  I wonder if it was a point of pride for opposing forces to blast the opposing ship's figurehead during battle?

Greg

website
Admiralty Models

moderator Echo Cross-section build
Admiralty Models Cross-section Build

Finished build
Pegasus, 1776, cross-section

Current build
Speedwell, 1752

• 3 weeks later...
Greetings marsalv. Your HMS Pandora is beautiful, I wish her at least as good results in international competitions as your Royal Caroline had.  :rolleyes:

Ondras.

Done : President - https://www.modelforum.cz/viewtopic.php?f=177&t=90230
Under construction : Roter Lowe - https://www.modelforum.cz/viewtopic.php?f=177&t=114576

Member of the organizing clubhttps://wchs-c-2023.klom-admiral.cz/en

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for all nice comments.

The figurehead is made from modeling clay. Because I am not good im sculpting from clay I asked Doris and she made for me this beautiful figurehead (her work you can see here - http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/854-royal-caroline-by-doris-card-1749-140/?hl=doris).Thank you Doris once more :) .

So, after long break I continue with production of the rigging blocks. Blocks are made with method that comes from russian modelers.

post-382-0-22726900-1486202521_thumb.jpg

post-382-0-44024800-1486202531_thumb.jpg

post-382-0-91865000-1486202542_thumb.jpg

post-382-0-77625300-1486202560_thumb.jpg

post-382-0-49762900-1486202571_thumb.jpg