marsalv

Pandora by marsalv - FINISHED - 1:52

A small but irritating point: I made the same error on a model some years ago. The netting for stowing the sail is incomplete. The illustration we referred to only shows the first stage of creating the netting, the zig-zag part. A more experienced modeler pointed this out to me. The second stage is to tie alternating pairs of those longitudinal threads together (I used fine fly-tying line) to form diamond-shaped netting. It was fiddly and tedious work, best done on a jig off-model. But perhaps you didn't want to know this! However, you are doing such a lovely job on your rigging I thought I'd mention it.

image.thumb.png.73685274222999b057fdc2dc8055ea2d.png

Hi druxey,

I know about this problem. This situation describes David Antscherl in his book of Swan model (the picture from your post is propably from this book). But on the other hand, I have no reason to disbelive informations which was published by Lees and Petersson (both books I own):).

Standing rigging is finished, the rudder is in place. Now is the time to prepare the sails.

P_827.jpg

P_828.jpg

P_829.jpg

P_830.jpg

P_831.jpg

P_832.jpg

Thank you guys:).

After a short break I started to sewing the sails. I managed to get a nice soft batiste with a slight beige touch, so I did not have to work with a dye. At this moment, I have sewn all the sails on which "only" is left to add different reinforcement and reef bands, add a bolt rope and fasten the reef points. And then, of course, bending the sails to the yards - that´s enough work.

P_833.jpg

P_834.jpg

P_835.jpg

P_836.jpg

P_837.jpg

P_838.jpg

P_839.jpg

I have just found your Pandora building blog. That is amazing, fantastic and detailed. I've watched it with bated breath! Probably, in the nearest future I will build HMS Enterprize, which is the same class as Pandora.

Best regards,

Rafal