HMS Dreadnought by clearway - Zvezda - 1/350 scale - PLASTIC - with upgrades

This has been on my wish list for a couple of years now! Using master gun barrells and the Eduard upgrade which although designed for the trumpeter version is usable with the zvezda one. Heres progress so far.

post-12326-0-04719800-1406014933_thumb.jpg

Basic hull went together very well- note the moulded line for if you wish to model her as waterline version.

post-12326-0-58326300-1406015085_thumb.jpg

Deck is painted with Humbrol satin oak thinned down. Care is needed as the deck planking is very finely moulded.

post-12326-0-09654500-1406015172_thumb.jpg

Master gun barrells and eduard turret overlays in place- those gun barrells sure look nice- pity they will be painted.

Keith

Hi Keith

I have this kit with the Pontus upgrade set. I have no idea if I'll ever make it - the PE brass is terrifyingly small. Will look forward to your progress...it may inspire me to give it a go.

Cheers

Alistair

Current Build - HMS Fly by aliluke - Victory Models - 1/64

https://modelshipworld.com/topic/34180-hms-fly-by-aliluke-victory-models-164/

Previous Build  - Armed Virginia Sloop by Model Shipways

Previous Build - Dutch Whaler by Sergal (hull only, no log)

That looks very good to me. These are seriously small parts :o. Do have the AOTS for Dreadnought? It has been recently re-released and you can get it quite cheaply. It is a fantastic book even if you aren't making a model of it.

Cheers

Alistair

Current Build - HMS Fly by aliluke - Victory Models - 1/64

https://modelshipworld.com/topic/34180-hms-fly-by-aliluke-victory-models-164/

Previous Build  - Armed Virginia Sloop by Model Shipways

Previous Build - Dutch Whaler by Sergal (hull only, no log)

Hi :)

I also have this with the Pontos upgrade. It shore looks nice!

This is an interesting ship to build I think :) She shure had a great

impact on shipbuilding to come.

Well done this far and good luck!

Cheers!

Finishing Titanic 1/350 scale from Minicraft, Plastic. Partly scratch. Loads of PhotoEtch.

Upcoming builds: Syren from MS 1:64, Pegasus from Victory Models 1:64, Surprise from AL 1:48

Keith,

Very nice work. I am glad to see your shipyard is rail served on what appears to be (or similar to) old Triang track. :) 

Interesting to see you store your paint tinlets upside down.

Ian M.

Current build: HMS Unicorn  (1748) - Corel Kit

Advice from my Grandfather to me. The only people who don't make mistakes are those who stand back and watch. The trick is not to repeat the error. 

• 1 month later...

Not been upto much with Dreadnought due to working on Victory. Fitted the torpedo net booms and rudders as well as more painting. Decks and superstructure not glued in place yet as i want to finish the main hull first. Another problem is zvezda fix the turrets in place before gluing decks in place- i don't like this as they obstruct things (the turrets) so will have to glue them in place after fixing the decks in place and finishing the superstructure so they wont be movable.

post-12326-0-05220600-1409428266_thumb.jpg

post-12326-0-37622300-1409428283_thumb.jpg

As you will see from the pics i have just taken delivery of H.M.S. Warspite in 1/350th  :P

Keith

Edited by clearway

Looks nice!  I'm glad you're sharing this build, I've been curious about this Zvezda model.  Thanks!

Cheers,

Brenticus

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Jack, you have debauched my sloth!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Completed Logs: HMS Patrician, frigate, 32 guns (converted Lindberg Jolly Roger 1:150)

Completed Build Gallery: HMS Patrician

Ty Brenticus- the eduard etch set is designed for the trumpeter kit so some ladders are too long to be used as the trumpeter kit is slightly bigger!

Fitted the props this evening between working on hms victory. For better or worse have ordered the upgrade set from white ensign models for my academy hms warspite- will start a build log if i get motivated and make a start on her between everything else  :P

post-12326-0-25311600-1409945927_thumb.jpg

Keith

Been assembling some of the brass etchings for the wheelhouse and ladders. Also decided to make new masts from 2mm brass rod- i dont have a lathe so the were tapered down using needle files by draw filing- also got HMS Warspite to look forward to with the white ensign etchings- sometimes think i need my head read- the things we do for fun  :P

post-12326-0-20706900-1410465161_thumb.jpg

New masts below- next job will be to file notches for the yards- still cant decide whether to cyano the yards in place or solder them.

post-12326-0-92777600-1410465183_thumb.jpg

Keith

• 1 year later...

Ty Greg- cant believe its 12 months since i touched dreadnought due to my Vic taking priority through the summer and a distraction with 1/72 aircraft (darn airfix and their excellent new tooling!). The upgrade is designed for the trumpeter kit though so there are size issues if using it with the Zvezda kit.

Keith

• The title was changed to HMS Dreadnought by clearway - Zvezda - 1/350 scale - PLASTIC - with upgrades