Warriory2k

Enterprise 1799 by warriory2k - Constructo - scale 1:51 80837

Hi all. I am new to MSW but hopefully will abide by any rules. Apologise in advance if I have completed title incorrectly.

I am awaiting my delivery of the Enterprise 1799 from Constructo kit number 80837. I also own the previous kit 80822 which does not have the colour manual. Hopefully I will start my build log with pictures very soon (hopefully tonight/tomorrow morning).

After reading many comments about what to look for, I like the look of this ship the most hence choosing to buy. I have made many plastic, resin and smaller wooden boats including planking and look forward to starting this project. 

Please feel free to add any comments and recommendations you feel necessary and I always welcome criticism where it is due. 

Photos will be uploaded shortly

post-14597-0-89991200-1406813743_thumb.jpg

Finally got parcel and here it is.

post-14597-0-71030600-1406813799_thumb.jpg

Opening the box you get the parts

post-14597-0-87224300-1406813852.jpg

Underneath the parts you get 3 plans - Keel, Deck, Sails.

You also get the laser cut boards.

post-14597-0-62332200-1406813925.jpg

post-14597-0-11474400-1406813979.jpg

I must say the laser cut boards are very well cut, no splinters or breaking. This kit also has FREE cream sail cloths included and an extra set of planking. The instructions say it's just for the beginner in case you are not happy with the first result. Ok let's get building tonight all being well.

Woo Hoooo! Another enterprise member! I will be following along with interest.

Sam

Woo Hoooo! Another enterprise member! I will be following along with interest.

Sam

Hi Sam. Same here exciting isn't it

Ade (Adrian)

I've started. All aligned and looking good. And to think I nearly bought a Billing Boats building slip. Good job I read some posts with advice and decided not to.

post-14597-0-81027200-1406889036_thumb.jpg

Edited by Warriory2k

Ade,

Your off to a good start, she looks good sailing on the Sea of Simmons Beauty Rest.

Sam

Oh good!   Another Enterprise builder!  And in Wales too!

I've added this build to my 'follow' list.  My own Enterprise is quite a few planks ahead of yours, so I might be able to help (or at least sympathise) if you hit problems.  But you're looking pretty good so far.  Just remember to keep that keel dead straight when you start planking.  Check and check again!