Table saw blades

HI,

I am looking at a few options around additional tooling and came across a minor question.

If i was to purchase a small table saw, proxxon/Byrnes et al where in the UK can you purchase quality saw blades?  or internationally with minimal trouble/

regards

Ian

Ian

Still Sane? who knows, who cares

Current Build Panart deck section

Hi.

There are a few on EBay.

If you get a Byrnes saw order a couple of spares. Nice choice of blades for the saw.

I am still on my first carbide blade :) and that's after cutting a mates timber for his build as well.

Regards Antony.

Best advice ever given to me."If you don't know ..Just ask.

Completed Mayflower

Completed Fun build Tail boat Tailboat

Completed Build Chinese Junk Chinese Pirate Junk

Completed scratch built Korean Turtle ship 1/32 Turtle ship

Completed Santa Lucia Sicilian Cargo Boat 1/30 scale Santa Lucia

On hold. Bounty Occre 1/45

Completed HMS Victory by DeAgostini modelspace. DeAgostini Victory Cross Section

Completed H.M.S. Victory X section by Coral. HMS Victory cross section

Completed The Black Pearl fun build Black Queen

Completed A large scale Victory cross section 1/36 Victory Cross Section

I just purchased the 24 tooth saw blade on ebay. All for 10.00 us. I used the 66 tooth for over 2 yrs and no problems. I am hoping the new blade will allow me to cut a little faster and not so rough finish.

Oh BTW   Shipped same day as I ordered now thats service to me.

Dave

Ian,

Jeff Hayes (of Hobbymill) has posted on his website, a guide to operating the Byrnes saw, including a page on blade selection that also has clear pictures of the Thurston brand blades he uses. Here is a link to that page:

http://www.hobbymillusa.com/byrnes-saw-operation-2.php

And here is a link to the Thurston website where you can download a catalogue:

http://www.thurstonmfg.com/index.html

Hope this helps.

Thank you for the info. The hobby mill site seems very useful for Jim's saw

Ian

Also for other small table saws...  :)   ;)

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)