Guns for HMS Victory 1:48 scale

The Lumberyard (at dlumberyard.com) has 1/4" scale cast pewter cannon barrels for both medium 12-pounders and long 12-pounders, which ought to cover your Victory needs quite well. He even has 24-pounders if you wanna go down a deck. But the two 68-pounder smashers are another matter ...

Nacioffi,

Further to Druxey's  comment, if  you do not have a lathe, purchase one of each size barrel, that you require and then cast your own in resin or pewter.  It is not terribly difficult, it will save a lot of money, and it really is gratifying.  Careful to get good quality, scale, proper era  barrels in the right caliber.

Allan

PLEASE take 30 SECONDS and sign up for the epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series.   Click on http://trafalgar.tv   There is no cost other than the 30 seconds of your time.  THANK YOU

Naci

Three sources are The Art of Ship Modeling, TFFM Vol. 2 and Euryalus 1803, Vol 2.  Each is a bit different than the other, but all three work.

My preference of course is the last, because it uses a single piece mold, not two part split mold, thus not parting line down the middle of the barrel.

I am sure there are other viable sources that other members will hopefully post for you.

Allan

PLEASE take 30 SECONDS and sign up for the epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series.   Click on http://trafalgar.tv   There is no cost other than the 30 seconds of your time.  THANK YOU

• 9 months later...

hello. I have a problem that I need help with.i received the coral victory kit sm23 as a gift. the false cannons and the gun port frames and working lids were missing.does anyone have the part numbers and quanity for these items so that I can order them from coral. I would be thankfull for this information.terry

Umeckt

Try contacting them directly, they would be your best source.

Info@corel-srl.it

I love what you can find on the internet in 2 minutes.

Allan