HMS Victory by dafi - Heller - PLASTIC - To Victory and beyond ...

Very much deserved!

Congratulation Dafi, XXXDAn, DAniel or Daniel, which ever personality is reading this. Your an inspiration to many and to think I use to look down on plastic models and you changed all that ignorant thinking.

Now I consider your work some of the best performed in any medium and medium no longer matters as a build is only as good as the builder, not what they use. You've also taught me and I'm sure others with the "No Fear" deconstruction you perform repeatedly. Just when I think its perfect, you deconstruct and it turns out even better than before.

But most of all, your willingness to share in your experiences, so that we all may learn with you.

To a true Master and Mentor of the art, CHEERS and CONGRAULATIONS!  :cheers: 

Congratulations Daniel.  I knew there was a method to the madness... and the feature on Modelmarine proves the method is excellent.  :cheers:

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

well deserved Daniel...........congratz!  :)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Thank you Sirs, very appreciated! You made me blush!

@Keith: Be assured, all of us liked your kind words!

Appearently the draught marks were made of lead, so I tried it out and colored them grey. Fits to the ones from the Royal George

Victory-stern_6778.jpg

Victory-stern_6773.jpg

Looks cute :-)

And as I am famous for jumping from one extreme to the other, now something completely different: After the extrem aft, now the extrem front ;-)

Also colored the draught marks ...

Victory-stem_6792.jpg

... and build the lids of the small port. Rectangular looks different ;-)

Victory-ports_6783.jpg

Painted ...

Victory-ports_6786.jpg

... placed and marked the holes of the fittings ...

Victory-ports_6796.jpg

... and stuck them provisorily into place.

Victory-ports_6800.jpg

Yo, even the old witch´s house in Ludwigsburg´s fairy tale garden looks more rectangular ...

... really!

XXXDAn

PS:

Can´t you see the witch - can´t you see the witch by my side?

Look for the pic of Hänsel & Gretel

PPS:

Can´t you see the witch - can´t you see the witch by my side? Rattles

Edited by dafi

now where have you hidden the hull step rope photos

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

thankyou

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

what exactly is a rectangular/square piece on a compound curved surface.

mathematically the moon follows a straight line path around the earth, The path is just through a curved region of space-time ;)

...and it really only looks skewed when opened, which it should on that compound surface.

Which witch is which, I wonder.  Oh well...

The doors looks excellent given the shapes you're dealing with.  I quite agree with Keith about them.

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Hello Dafi 

hope you dont mind I borrowed a photo and posted it in my log of the rope ladders from page 54, i will remove if you mind

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Be my guest, you are welcome!

:-) :-) :-)

Cheers, Daniel

Edited by dafi

One should always stick to his original plans ...

... in a moment of fancy and craziness I decided to move the date of appearance of the model from mid August to the first minutes of the battle.

"... cathead shot away ..." sounded quite interesting and with a well aimed and highly qualified chop I severed the cathead and the result was just as I wanted it to be :-)

Victory_bow_6803.jpg

But then the disillusionment, yes even panic: I did not read the source to the end, as it was  "... starboard ..."  :-(

OKOKOK, glued back the cathead and returned to plan A, where I know the sources better ...

... better it is ...

... jo!

XXXDAn

Edited by dafi

lol - accident or deliberate, I am NOT copying this

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Well,  I guess it was good that you were thinking about "the first minutes of the battle" rather than the last minutes.  There's less deconstruction to repair. :)

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:

Thank you guys, do not worry I am already back to the path of virtue, just finished the half lids ...

Victory_bow_6826.jpg

... there still will come some coils over the eyebolts. 

Victory_bow_6805.jpg

Good news, the fore channels are "only" 3 mm too narrow ...

Victory_etch_6831.jpg 

... so have to find the least messy way of fixing that as all the irons are in place and well fixed ...

... but in the meantime next parts are in preparation to be fixed ...

Victory_etch_6834.jpg

... and are by now waiting in the blackening soup :-)

XXXDAn

Well,  I guess it was good that you were thinking about "the first minutes of the battle" rather than the last minutes.  There's less deconstruction to repair. :)

That would not have been a chop, that what have been a slip from the slipway ...

;-)

XXXDAn

Daniel,  I finally found time to catch up on the last six months of your posting. What fun to follow your ideas, inspirations and great results.  Man eating Lady Bugs in the rigging, monsters peering through magnifiers and simply wonderful techniques.  What more can one ask?  I thoroughly enjoyed the read.  Cheers, Gil

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/485-hmsHMS Victory by Gil Middleton - JoTika - 1:72

Thank you very much Gil !!!

Cheers, Daniel

... unfinished business, don´t go into the light ...

... still have to fix the outside of the side tackles ...

... but tell me how, yes how?!?!

All easy? The hook already being fixed on the tackle, but the eyebolt still missing. 

Ok, sticky business ...

Victory_etch_6836.jpg

... once through the hull and ramming the sting deep into the meat! Better than drilling and no mess :-)

Victory_bow_6839.jpg

Maneuvering the eyebolt deep inside of the hull with the help of some thin tweezers ...

Victory_etch_6842.jpg

... and juggle the hook with other pointed things into the eyebolt.

Victory_etch_6843.jpg

Almost like a bottle ship - just omit the bottle and take a deep-deep hull instead ...

XXXDAn

PS: Hurra, there is a light at the end of the tunnel ...

PPS: ... another train?

PPPS: ...

...hihihihihi...

...took long to be discovered, it´s there already since March :-)

First guess in the other forum was bar-b-q grill ...

...hihihihihihi...

... more precise guessings?

XXXDAn

Edited by dafi

Is it the porthole I have to pass through to the scratch build world

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Its a mobile furnise to repair metal parts and has a bellows beneath to heat metal.

A small anvil also used to repair.

Nice touch Daniel. :rolleyes: did you make this yourself.

If so what's the measurements please,' thinking a head on the upper deck for more detail'. :)

Frank :piratebo5:

Jan of course gave the right direction, Frank got it on the spot.

It is the small mobile furnise as seen on Vic today. It was never presented as it ended up to be some 10 % to 15% too big ...

... the funnel hits the deck beams - no good idea.

Will do another one in time. Perhaps this one will find a place on a 1:90 or 1:72 Vic, the size would be better for those scales :-)

Cheers, Daniel

The chief wants to have a pizza ...

Victory-forge_6845.jpg

... matchwood was made ...

Victory-forge_6848.jpg

... and one door remains shut, we do not need family size ;-)

Victory-forge_6846.jpg

But what will the gunner say about the ill use of his portable forge ?!?

Cheers, Daniel