Ahoy:
I have told many of my fellow club members about the Book Collector program I use to keep track of my library on my desktop.  They are having a sale that makes it very affordable.  I have no vested interest and I will not get a cent or anything if you sign up - I just wanted to let you know that if you had ever heard and thought about this program at all now would be a good time to get it.  A free download that lets you manage up to 100 books is also available and I used it to see if I liked it before buying the program several years ago.

I have the Book Collector pro version but I think the std will work for many people.  I am able to track the original purchase price of the book, if it's autographed, all the data on it - pages, volume, etc.  I purchased this originally when Mary threatened me with haunting me forever if I died w/o leaving her a list of the books and their worth if she needed to dispose of the collection.  It has saved me from purchasing additional copies of books I already had...something I know many of us have done.

Just wanted to let you know about the bargain.
  The link to the web site is http://www.collectorz.com/book/

The link to the sale is https://www.collectorz.com/shop/sale.php?book50pro=1&inf_contact_key=1d5eb42f913e91f755c3a625085ea212f5cf974ea323afd529e10d36025a9ea8

My apologies if this is posted to the wrong section but it's offered for information and I have no connection except as a very pleased user.

Kurt

Kurt Van Dahm

Director

NAUTICAL RESEARCH GUILD

www.thenrg.org

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS

CLUBS

Nautical Research & Model Ship Society of Chicago

Midwest Model Shipwrights

North Shore Deadeyes

The Society of Model Shipwrights

Butch O'Hare - IPMS

I have been using it for about 2 years now and love it - each update adds a bit more functionality.  Easy to enter data, easy to search, just need to keep it hidden from the spouse so she doesn't know how much I have invested in books :rolleyes:

I also added a couple of custom types so that I can track my downloaded (PDF) files using the program.  MUCH easier than the spreadsheets I started out with!

Wayne

Neither should a ship rely on one small anchor, nor should life rest on a single hope.
Epictetus

In the 90's I created a similar program in MS Access with a SQL database attached. Does pretty much the same thing. I spent around 2 years putting this together. Works well but after looking at this book collector program I think I am going to switch. I hope I can import all my data from Access to the Book Collector app.

In addition it is from a Dutch company and I always like to support my fellow countrymen.

Marcus

Current Built: Zeehaen 1639, Dutch Fluit from Dutch explorer Abel J. Tasman

Unofficial motto of the VOC: "God is good, but trade is better"

Many people believe that Captain J. Cook discovered Australia in 1770. They tend to forget that Dutch mariner Willem Janszoon landed on Australia’s northern coast in 1606. Cook never even sighted the coast of Western Australia).