Willie L Bennett by rcmdrvr - FINISHED - Model Shipways - SMALL

I have been away for a while.  Had to have a bit of surgery and that threw me behind at work.  I was able to continue working on the Willie, but did not take as many pictures of the progress as I should have.  I am enclosing a few pictures of the model which I have moved out of the workshop and into the house.

This was one of the most difficult modeling projects I have done.  The basic building of the hull, masts, etc. was not too difficult but working with the brass parts and the rigging, etc. I found to be very difficult.  While you get a lot of help by looking at the other builder's; you can also find the quality of their work somewhat intimidating.  Some of the other builders of the Willie are awesome.

Well I hope you find my build adequate.  I really enjoyed the Willie and recommend it as a first build......it has a bit of everything.  I will be starting a new build soon.....just purchased the Sanson.

post-13869-0-00080500-1418743789_thumb.jpg

post-13869-0-30728100-1418743807_thumb.jpg

post-13869-0-53273500-1418743828_thumb.jpg

post-13869-0-93782600-1418743837_thumb.jpg

Completed Builds:  USS Cairo by BlueJacket;  Nave Egizia by Amati;  Harriet Lane by Model Shipways

Don:

Your completed model looks really great. Congratulations. Wonderful work.

Russ

• 4 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Willie L Bennett by rcmdrvr - FINISHED - Model Shipways - SMALL