Thank You Pete, J.Pett, Dida and Hakan.

Dida the wood that I use for the stem and keel is pear, for the other parts I will use some sherry, poplar and walnut.

Hakan Yes is harder to this scale and I will try my best not to lose to much details.

For now I'm struggling with the bulk head tapper at  the stern and stem, hoping I will manage it somehow. Pictures of my error soon :P

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still fairing the hull (struggling really :blush:) and I'm not sure about the most complex bulkhead No 27 or the stern one. Below You can see on the picture I'm not sure about the fairing direction. Please help about it is it like on the picture (top view in relationship with stern - stem direction) or is opposite direction. Thank You !

post-171-0-60494300-1363121805.jpg

Hi Sonic

my interpretation (from engineering experience of drawing interpretation):

- brown line is the profile of the bulkhead's side facing the stern

- black line is the profile of the bulkhead's side facing the stem

At top, bulkhead rear profile is larger (port to starboard) than forward profile (an a bit higher, too)

At mid height, bulkhead rear profile is narrower than forward profile

At low height, bulkhead rear profile is again larger than forward profile. This looks strange to me, as Frame27 is close to stern and hull lines should become even more narrow.

So: you should obviously cut the frame following the enveloping line (= the most external, whichever it is, brown or black), then draw the brown lines on the back side (facing the stern) of the bulkhead and the black lines on the front side (facing the stem), then sand the bulkhead profile so to join the front black line to the rear brown line.

Also note that you have to carve two notches on the front side of the bulkhead, for gunport lintel and gunport sill.

Curious to read other answers, to see if I'm correct (I've very few experience with this type of interpretation).

Following your job with much interest, this could be my next project...

Ciao

Fam

Edited by Fam

Thank you Fam for your reply. I was thinking the same about it because for all of the bulkheads is the same case but this one was really strange. I made this two templates one with the black and one with red line. I hope this will work.

post-171-0-30887500-1363201058.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Guy for your estimation :) I hope l start with planking soon. For now I'm working on preparing the hull for it. I'm on a fairing and soon I will start on framing the stern and gun ports. I post some pictures soon I hope because I didn't know that this is the most time consuming job.

• 2 weeks later...

Leeetle update.... I almost finish with the outside and inside fairing (You can see the hull on some parts it looks like the creature from Frankenstein because I sand to deep and then I glued some thin strips of wood :) I think is a boo boo). For rough sanding I use a small disc sander attach on the rotary tool. The small disc is made out a bottle  cap  cut to a disc with oversize sandpaper glued on. I "steal"  this idea from The Matthew project  and is work really good not only for fairing but almost for any sanding. Here are some pictures :)

post-171-0-67690800-1365975272_thumb.jpg

post-171-0-85172800-1365975284_thumb.jpg

post-171-0-98083200-1365975300_thumb.jpg

post-171-0-63358200-1365975318_thumb.jpg

post-171-0-90959100-1365975330_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...