Byrnes Saw Auction - See in Naut General Discussion ×
mhaas2

Willie L Bennet by mhaas2 - FINISHED - Model Shipways - 1/32 scale small boat

Thanks for the images.  I did manage to get them downloaded and with a little re-sizing I think they will be great for my Willie.  I had the same idea but you have done a great job and that will save a lot of work.

Hey! Just a little hint to anyone building this kit. Paint the winder drums and wind on the rigging BEFORE you assemble the winder. Took me the entire football game to do it last night after the entire assembly was complete. Probably would have been 10 minutes before assembling it! LOL! Live and learn. At least there is no deadline with this hobby!

It was great that you made the doors on the motor housing operable.  Now we can view all the detail work you did to the motor driving the winder.  Someday I hope to come up to your level of work.

Thank you for the meticulous pictures throughout your build.  I'm just getting started and your log is a godsend.  I'm staying in your wake!

The metal work looks very good. There is a lot of it on small workboats like this and you are doing very well with it. Good work.

Russ

Thanks Russ. It has been the experience I wanted. A learning experience. Those dredges look daunting though. I need to figure a way to hold it all together to solder it.

This is a gem. I love to see that modeller's "surgery" when the cabin , doorway etc. is open - it makes the ship more lifelike. Will follow the thread closely.

Wow.

I've been putting off making these for my Willie B because my soldering skills are a little shaky but if you could keep the old solders from melting when making the new ones using alligator clips and damp towels maybe I can too.

Great job on the dredges!

Your standing rigging looks very good. Nice and light, exactly how it should look. Good work.

Russ