HMS Prince 1670 by Spiderpig - FINISHED - Constructo - Scale 1:61

Hi Adam,

I have build Corel and at the moment one from Caldercraft.

Corel has difficult and not clear drawings.

Specially the rigging part is a disaster....

Caldercraft has very good drawings and excellent wood.

A pleasure to build with.

Let me know what you gonna do.

animaatjes-sjors-94584.gif

• 2 weeks later...

H.M.S Prince is ready to be launched! I have finished her, after about 18 months over long hours of work.

post-1207-0-60086800-1400895680_thumb.jpg

post-1207-0-28648800-1400895687_thumb.jpg

post-1207-0-70516000-1400895694_thumb.jpg

Sorry there isn't many photos, but most of the detailed shots have already been posted in previous posts.

Cheers for watching all!

Now onto joining the Syren club, and waiting on mine to arrive in the post!

Regards

Adam

Current build : http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/6891-us-brig-syren-by-spiderpig-model-shipways-scale-164-1803/#entry202979

Mare Nostrum

Past builds : Artesania Latina Virginia 1819, Occre Corsair Bridgantine, Constructo HMS Prince

Thanks all!

Sjors, you will have to pull up a front row seat for the Syren! I'm guessing it will have a big following judging by it's popularity on this site.

Richard, I still have a plastic ship that my Dad built when he was 15! It is about 45 years old now!

Regards

Adam

Current build : http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/6891-us-brig-syren-by-spiderpig-model-shipways-scale-164-1803/#entry202979

Mare Nostrum

Past builds : Artesania Latina Virginia 1819, Occre Corsair Bridgantine, Constructo HMS Prince

• 3 months later...

What a beautiful model and a wonderful job building her. Thank you for doing this build log on her, I didn't know that Constructo even made a Prince kit. Had I known, I might have opted for the Prince rather than the Victory. I love Constructo kits. You have done a gorgeous job on her for sure. If you don't mind me asking, what are the measurements of the model?

Thanks,

Mike   

Thanks everyone for the kind remarks!

Foxy, she is one of the first in the Prince series. Built in 1670.

Mike she measures 890mm in length and 890mm high.

I am currently working on the Syren, but keep looking over at my Prince, and wonder if I'll ever be able to top it! Such a lovely ship of that era.

Thanks

Adam

Mare Nostrum

I'd like that! But it isn't cheap though. Maybe if they do another sale. There are others similar to the Prince. San Felipe was another I had in mind.

Mare Nostrum

• 1 year later...

Really impressed with your Prince I am just finishing the constructo Bounty the first constructo kit I have built was going to get the Prince next but bought the corel Couronne looking at the instructions now I wished I had bought the Prince!