San Felipe by testazyk - FINISHED - Panart - Scale 1:75 1690

Hi Testazyk,

the more I see the more I wish to buy this kit. Doing my Caroline gives me the hope to get along with the San Felipe (not as next model but in a not so far future :))

Very nice and impressing model what you built

Cheerio

Max

Next: Friedrich Wilhelm zu Pferde by Euro Model 1:47

Finished: Half Moon Corel;  HMY Royal Caroline Panart; HMB Endeavour Occre 1:54; Fregatte Berlin, Corel, 1:40

A life without dogs is possible... but worth to live?

Thanks Brian and Max!  Max I'm sure you'll enjoy building the SF and it will turn out fantastic!

Tom

Current: Sergal Sovereign of the Seas

Previous builds:  AL Swift, AL King of the Mississippi, Mamoli Roter Lowe, Amati Chinese Junk, Caesar, Mamoli USS Constitution, Mantua HMS Victory, Panart San Felipe, Mantua Sergal Soleil Royal

Now that everything was finished it was time for a (sort of) maiden voyage.  I took the ship out to the upstairs patio on a sunny day and took some pictures.  If you use your imagination, it actually looks like a real ship.

post-1209-0-75774700-1413229185_thumb.jpg

post-1209-0-95000200-1413229200_thumb.jpg

post-1209-0-34067400-1413229210_thumb.jpg

post-1209-0-96489200-1413229220_thumb.jpg

I want to thank everyone who had a look at this log and added their very kind comments.  I hope I've been able to provide some useful information and wish you all the best with your modelling efforts. 

Edited by testazyk

Tom

Previous builds:  AL Swift, AL King of the Mississippi, Mamoli Roter Lowe, Amati Chinese Junk, Caesar, Mamoli USS Constitution, Mantua HMS Victory, Panart San Felipe, Mantua Sergal Soleil Royal

Thanks Carl!  I haven't put sails on any of my builds (except the Chinese Junk) because I like the look of no sails.  Maybe for my next build??

Tom

This is an amazing build, im not sure which i will pick next this one the victory or the vasa, but i have my hands full right now with the Rattelsnake. Your build is truly inspiring. GREAT JOB!

IN His dustKenny

"Smooth seas make for poor sailors"

"Hebrews 6:19  Which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and steadfast..." 

In His Dust RevKB

RattleSnake Build 

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/8288-rattlesnakecormorant-by-revkb-1780-1786/?p=246048

This is an amazing build, im not sure which i will pick next this one the victory or the vasa, but i have my hands full right now with the Rattelsnake. Your build is truly inspiring. GREAT JOB!

IN His dustKenny

"Smooth seas make for poor sailors"

"Hebrews 6:19  Which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and steadfast..." 

In His Dust RevKB

RattleSnake Build 

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/8288-rattlesnakecormorant-by-revkb-1780-1786/?p=246048

Hello Testazyk

Great build and very helpful as I am currently about to start with the ornamentation to the hull. I have just finish the first side bow block shaping ( wow that a challenge from the block provided ) and when the other side is complete it's time for the decoration. My kit is an early version as I' ve had it a long time . Maybe if it justify it I will post my first picture, but it will need to look good to compare with yours.

Regards Wombat

Thank you very much Kenny!  I've had my eye on the Wasa for a while but already have a bit of a backlog with the Soleil Royal and Sovereign of the Seas.  You will really enjoy the San Felipe.

Tom

Thanks Wombat--Yes know what you mean about shaping those blocks.  My kit was an old one too that predated laser cutting and everything so the early stages were very labour intensive.  I hope you have as much fun and satisfaction with your build as I did and I look forward to seeing some pictures.

Tom

Tom