HMS Victory by Davesellindge - Constructo - Scale 1:94 - first build

Have had a good day today and managed to get some more done, as I am painting I am going to have to do it as I go along other wise it will be impossible

holding it to get to certain part's and not break  other bits off like the rails.

Gave up on bending 1mm so carved the pieces out of scrap wood. 

post-15227-0-37354700-1432056367_thumb.jpg

When looking at the angle of the davitts they were not correct so removed them and replaced them.

I just thought you might like to look at my other hobby, I restored this traction engine, I had to strip it down to the last nut and bolt and put in a new boiler. You can see why I am struggling with tiny pieces of wood 

post-15227-0-64025400-1432190999_thumb.jpg

Oh mate, thats Stunning and one of my passions is the age of steam, I live local to Fred Dibnas empire. They are beautifully made and thats why so many survive, ok boilers are always a weak spot but for obvious reason. where are you taking the picture. Tell me thats not the back of your house

Hey your a dark horse, do you own one yourself or just keep others going. Love it, seriously thats a talent

Edited by Paul0367

I found an wooden cigar box and have been drawing the curves on it for the bow, cutting them out and then sanding them down 2mm, its a type of ply

but very fine and does not splinter. Also when its sanded down its very bendable so when glued just bend it to shape when gluing. Will post photo when completed one side.

• 2 weeks later...

I am still working away every time I built the bell a bit came unstuck, but got there in the end. Will add more photos soon but as I have said before I cannot master the bending so when it came to the reinforcements I stuck two planks together and decided to sit and whittle away till I got the shape. I don't think it looks to bad only five more to make

post-15227-0-35141400-1433504386_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Really bad news, indeed. Best wishes to you, and hope you can beat the big C.

Bob

"Even while the storm raged at it's worst, my ship was wholesome and noble." - Captain Joshua Slocum

Current Builds:

L'Hermione 1780 - 1:89 - Artesania Latina   http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/10261-hermione-la-fayette-1780-by-bobstrake-artesania-latina-scale-189/#entry305929<p>

Louise - 1:26 - Constructo  http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/11855-louise-by-bobstrake-constructo-scale-126/?p=360370

Completed Builds:

Carmen 1850 - 1:80 - Constructo - First Build   http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/10398-carmen-1850-by-bobstrake-constructo-scale-180/#entry31137

All the best!!!

Cheers, Daniel

• 4 weeks later...