Cutty Sark by Keith B

I welcome all feedback,as long as it's helpful to me! I'm not having a go at anybody,and I'm in awe of some of the work done by builders on this site,especially Nenad and Bob's. But I know I can never be as good,(or as patient) as them. In fact,I come to look upon them as far away friends,and am constantly looking at how they have done things,then sometimes attempt the same thing,then start again and do it the way I can!!

At the end of the day,this hobby,as with all hobbies,should be enjoyable,otherwise it's not a hobby,it's work.(Glad I'm retired!!) :D

Noticed today that I've taken the copper too high,so have removed a couple of strips.Just got to paint it black now.The good thing about the copper tape is it's easy to remove,it just peels off.Glad I never used the copper tiles and superglue!

Also added the portholes to the captain's cabin.

post-4031-0-53889700-1415203573_thumb.jpg

post-4031-0-34820300-1415203575_thumb.jpg

you gotta love those easy repair jobs...........remember to make the adjustment to your rudder as well  ;)     some really nice work your doing,  the galley structure looks super!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

A bit of progress at last! Getting the deadeyes in place now.I tried making straps out of thin strips of aluminium can,but it's just too fiddly for me,so I've used 1mm brass wire,and secured the bottom with brass nails,which have been ground off on the outside of the hull.

post-4031-0-76573900-1416499532_thumb.jpg

I like it vrey much. You forced me to try something simillar

In progress:

CUTTY SARK - Tehnodidakta => scratch => Campbell plans

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-1#entry64653

Content of log :

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-62#entry217381

Past build:

Stella, Heller kit, plastic, Santa Maria, Tehnodidakta kit, wood, Jolly Roger Heller kit, plastic

• 1 month later...

Well, it's been a while since I posted anything on here,but don't panic,I haven't abandoned ship,just been busy doing other things,and it is a bit cold in the workshop. I have treated myself to a new piece of equipment though,see photo. I can't wait to get going on it,and I'm sure it will come in useful with the boat build.

I hope all of you have a very happy and healthy new year,see you in 2015 !!

post-4031-0-50193000-1420035332_thumb.jpg

What a toy !!! Can I play a little until you go forward ?

In progress:

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-1#entry64653

Content of log :

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-62#entry217381

Past build:

Stella, Heller kit, plastic, Santa Maria, Tehnodidakta kit, wood, Jolly Roger Heller kit, plastic

• 5 weeks later...

That tape idea looks simple enough for me to consider it. All I have to do is take my ship off it's display base and do it. Now is the time, I guess, since the masts are not in. Sigh. A year ago I thought the masts were my next step. Silly me.

Omar

Omar

Cutty Sark   Scientific kit 1:140ish

Definitely, before masts

I am close to finish hull painting before start building houses etc etc on deck, and scarry to death if I forgot something on hull ...

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

• 1 month later...

Right then,this might confuse some people,but bear with me,I've started again!

A few days ago I sent for a disc off e-bay apparently full of model ship plans.It was only £2.50,

Hi Keith, while browsing through Cutty Sark logs I just came across yours. She is coming along nicely  :)

At the moment I am working on Victory....... stilll a long way to go but............... my next project will be CS scratchbuild. I looked on ebay to see if I could find the disc you bought with ship plans including CS. I can't see which one it is. Is it possible to point me in right direction?

Many thanks, Derek

Derek the man from Kent, UK

HMS Victory by Derek - Jotika

In the pipeline............. Scratch build Cutty Sark