The Ships Cat

Them Old Jokes

In Australia a company that makes recycled toilet paper (that is, toilet paper recycled from paper used in offices etc - not the other thing . . .) is called "Give a Crap". Our neighbours swear by it.

But so many euphemisms - "toilet" means grooming yourself and "lavatory" means a place to wash.  And bathroom . . . what?

I like the French word pissoir. Means what it says.

Steven

My 94 year old WWII friend calls it writing a letter to the president.

11 hours ago, Louie da fly said:

Give a Crap

I never understood why people say they "don't give a crap". I flush mine.

20 hours ago, lmagna said:

That's a cool looking truck. Somewhat of a refined Mad Max kind of thing. Maybe Egilman needs to abandon his Smokey And The Bandit truck and switch over to this one!

What gets to me right now, is that we may see something like that.  There's been at least two trucks carrying the paper that have hijacked in the last week or two.  I'm hoping that was fake new.

Anyway.... this may end up being a pastime...

90439754_2865206783514682_3520195104637714432_n.jpg.22f7d5b1d77e0386a87e132d94e60c4d.jpg

3 hours ago, Clueless said:

Had to get a jump to start my truck yesterday.

Yeah.  My little Audi Q2 is over 2 years old, has 2600 miles on the clock, and keeps telling me it’ll die on me if I don’t drive a few hundred miles and charge up the battery.  BUT the lockdown rules won’t let me.  GAAAAGH!

(I’ve got a  battery charger in the workshop.  I knew how to work it 40 years ago, but when I lift the car’s bonnet I can’t see any terminals to connect it to!

31 minutes ago, probablynot said:

Yeah.  My little Audi Q2 is over 2 years old, has 2600 miles on the clock, and keeps telling me it’ll die on me if I don’t drive a few hundred miles and charge up the battery.  BUT the lockdown rules won’t let me.  GAAAAGH!

(I’ve got a  battery charger in the workshop.  I knew how to work it 40 years ago, but when I lift the car’s bonnet I can’t see any terminals to connect it to!

Does the battery not  have a plastic cover over the terminals ?

Just checked  some of the Audi's  have a compartment under the floor well inside the front of the cabin  - think you pull the carpet/mat back and lift a cover to see the battery.

OC.

2 minutes ago, Old Collingwood said:

Does the battery not  have a plastic cover over the terminals

That's what I was thinking. Either that or google.

8 minutes ago, Old Collingwood said:

Does the battery not  have a plastic cover over the terminals ?

OC.

Probably.  But it’s all so frightening.  Back in my day, there weren’t electronic things going on.  Just electrics.  I understood electrics.  Is it safe to lift the plastic covers and attach electric clips to electronic things?

6 minutes ago, probablynot said:

plastic covers and attach electric clips to electronic things?

Yes, my wife's car is a few years older - 2016 - but I had to peel them back to replace the sound system with something I could hear.