Charles W Morgan Whaleboat by Salty Sea Dog - Artesania Latina - Scale 1:25 - POF - first wooden boat build - SMALL

Buck,

Catching up - per your usual levels of micro detailing your mast mast-hinge is a thing of beauty. Well next to your assistant I'm not so sure ha ha 

Well done indeed.

Michael

Current buildSovereign of the Seas 1/78 Sergal

Under the table:

Golden Hind - C Mamoli    Oseberg - Billings 720 - Drakkar - Amati

Completed:   

Santa Maria-Mantua --

Vasa-Corel -

Santisima Trinidad cross section OcCre 1/90th

Gallery :    Santa Maria - Vasa

Thanks Michael! I borrowed your trompe-l'oeil technique for the tiny trennels on the thwart knees and other areas. Thanks for that! Happy New Years everyone!

-Buck

Current build: AL Morgan's Whaleboat (1st build)

Kits in the ships locker: I cannot confirm nor deny that there may be a few kits in there...

• 5 months later...

Hi Lawrence! Laporte, Colorado is several hours north of me. It's north of Fort Collins near the Wyoming border. I'll check out the LEDs - those sound pretty neat. I need to catch up on your build too. I've been working on the house and we are planning to gut one entire level of the house and re-do it, so I won't be posting much.

Thanks for all the likes donrobinson!! Much appreciated.

-Buck

Current build: AL Morgan's Whaleboat (1st build)

Kits in the ships locker: I cannot confirm nor deny that there may be a few kits in there...

• 2 weeks later...

Buck

Thanks first for showing interest in my Trojan powerboat model.

I've just skimmed through this build and kept getting more and more amazed at the finish you were achieving on the boat ... truly astonishing!   I'll be going back when time permits to study your technique as it's the first time I've come across a finish that will stick to cocobolo and I have a whole model made of the stuff!!

Cheers 

Frank

Finished Builds: Half Hulls of Alberg 37, Thunderbird 26, Contessa 26, Beneteau 51 Idylle

:  Billings Dragon kit Revisited

:  Trojan 36 Sport Fishing boat