HMS BOUNTY LAUNCH by Cap'n Rat Fink - FINISHED - Model Shipways - 1:16 - Bashed

JP, Greenstone,

Thank you both for stopping by. I added the build back because I had been getting a  couple of PM's on the build back on MSW 1.0 , so to help the others I had a fail safe and put the build back, though it is missing some texted but better then nothing I always say....

Thank You all...

Mario

:piratetongueor4:  :piratetongueor4:

"Each of us is a mixture of some good and some not so good qualities. In considering one's fellow man it's important to remember the good things ... We should refrain from making judgments just because a fella happens to be a dirty, rotten SOB(biscuit) ;) "

My Builds....

BETTEAU WAR OF 1812     BOUNTY LAUNCH(bashed)    CHESAPEAKE BAY FLATTIE

THE SEA of GALILEE BOAT   VICTORIAN STEAM LAUNCH(bashed)    HOWARD CHAPELLE's CRABBING SKIFF

LADY KATHRINE 1812 SCHOONER

I just came across this build - it is truly insane the amount of detail that went into this little boat. I have never seen another ship modeller try to make a scale inscribed coconut before! Well done! 

Regards, Keith

gallery_1526_572_501.jpg 2007 (completed): HMS Bounty - Artesania Latina  gallery_1526_579_484.jpg 2013 (completed): Viking Ship Drakkar - Amati  post-1526-0-02110200-1403452426.jpg 2014 (completed): HMS Bounty Launch - Model Shipways

post-1526-0-63099100-1404175751.jpg Current: HMS Royal William - Euromodel

Hello All,

A couple of small things left to do. But she is pretty much complete. i will add more detailed and close up picture in the completed Forum later this week.

Thank you all for watching

cheers Mario

1333334969_1925_FT3529_img_0687_.jpg

1333334969_1925_FT3529_img_0689_.jpg

1333334969_1925_FT3529_img_0690_.jpg

Well I'm all done. some pic's may be out of order and some text might not make sence but it's better then nothing.....you all fun now!!!

Mario, this is beautiful. Fantastic details, all those small items :) I am out of words A+++

Børge :)

Current build(restore, bashing)
BB582 "Dragen" Scale 1:12

On hold: BB534 Bolougne Etaples Scale 1:20

Not started: Model Shipways MS2040 USS Constitution 1:76

:piratebo5: 

Hi Amfibious,

Thank you very much for your kind words. It was a lot of fun building Bligh's Launch..............

Hi Borge nice to see ya and Thank You, I have to go search for your log, I hope you put it back up my friend...

Thank You all...

Mario

"Each of us is a mixture of some good and some not so good qualities. In considering one's fellow man it's important to remember the good things ... We should refrain from making judgments just because a fella happens to be a dirty, rotten SOB(biscuit) ;) "

My Builds....

THE SEA of GALILEE BOAT   VICTORIAN STEAM LAUNCH(bashed)    HOWARD CHAPELLE's CRABBING SKIFF

THE BOMB,

THANKS FOR THE KIND WORDS. IF YOU NEED ANY INFO PLEASE JUST LET ME KNOW.....GLAD TO HELP OUT....

Thank You all...

Mario

My Builds....

Hi Mario,

I'm pleased to see your Bounty Launch log resurrected to her full glory my friend, those upgrades have really made her into a museum piece, top-notch job mate :)

Best regards,

Aldo

Currently Building:
HMS Pegasus (Victory Models)-Mothballed to give priority to Triton

HMS Triton (first attempt at scratchbuilding)

Past build:
HM Brig Badger (Caldercraft), HM Brig Cruizer, HM Schooner Ballahoo

Hi Mario!

Wow!! This is really cool! - great job! Could you please explain how you did the painting of the weathered rudder hinges? I would like to acheive that kind of look too. Thanks!

-Buck

Current build: AL Morgan's Whaleboat (1st build)

Kits in the ships locker: I cannot confirm nor deny that there may be a few kits in there...

Thank You Aldo nice to hear from you my buddy....

Hi Buck, believe it or not all i used was flat black acrlic from walmart(arts n craft section. I let it dry and scuffed it up a bit with one of my tweezers and seal with matte finish varnish....hope this helps you out...

Thank You all...

Mario

My Builds....

Mario

I just have to say, no one bashes a kit like Mario,

That tool chest is magnificent by its self, but were they using that type of saw in that time or the springed bow saw? Also would they be allowed to take tools when dumped. The ships carpenter no doubt owned his own tools but they were stealing a HM Ship.

See all the interesting things your work makes me think about. Outstanding work, your work makes me want to build a diorama. Your Dinghy is great also with the cooler and fishing gear.

2 Thumbs up. This kit is officially BASHED!

Shine On -/\=

Keith

Mario

I just have to say, no one bashes a kit like Mario,

That tool chest is magnificent by its self, but were they using that type of saw in that time or the springed bow saw? Also would they be allowed to take tools when dumped. The ships carpenter no doubt owned his own tools but they were stealing a HM Ship.

See all the interesting things your work makes me think about. Outstanding work, your work makes me want to build a diorama. Your Dinghy is great also with the cooler and fishing gear.

2 Thumbs up. This kit is officially BASHED!

Shine On -/\=

Keith

Hi Keith it's yes on both your questions. I research the type of tools in that time period. The carpenter was banished with Bligh because Christain new he was just a trouble maker as he was. And he banished him with his tools.

42rocker nice to se you over here too

THANK YOU BOTH FOR YOUR KIND REMARKS

Thank You all...

Mario

My Builds....

• 2 weeks later...

Its me again Mario,

After posting about the carpenters chest I read Blighs log. I figured it would be 84 pages of BORING, but it was quite interesting. Thats was one disciplined man and an amazing navigator.

Oh one other thing. You stated that you used magic water for the bounty launch. What did you use on the Dinghy? on that diorama the water looks transparent. I'm still amazed at that tool chest, its interesting how the carpenters chest actually saves them as its the only water tight place to store the bread.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi keith sorry for not catching your reply. On the Dinghy I use a black backgorund on the base board which gave it that clear Lake look you noticed. Where for the Launch I used a nuetral earth tone color and i added blue and green enamel paint to get the color of the water. I hope this helps you out.

Thank You all...

Mario

My Builds....

• 1 year later...

HEY THANKS RICK,

HAD A LOT OF FUN RESEARCHING IT.

MARIO

Thank You all...

Mario

My Builds....

• 2 months later...

This is one top notch build, wow! I'm in the midst of a Launch build and will definitely consult your photos during my build. Thanks for your posts along with photos, Matt

Matt - aka The Squirrel Whisperer

Current builds - Benjamin W. Latham by Matt

Competed builds - USS Ranger by Matt

HMS Bounty Launch by Matt

18th Century 10" Sea Mortar by Matt

18th Century Naval Smoothbore by Matt

Future builds - Willie L. Bennett Chesapeake Bay skipjack (MS) Half Moon (Corel) Emma C Berry Lobster Smack (MS)US Brigantine Eagle (Corel) New Bedford Whaleboat (MS)

• 4 weeks later...

Just got done going over this amazing build Mario. Nice touch with all the little tools and toolbox. Made my own eyes hurt just watching that. I can only imagine how yours felt.  :P Really--REALLY nice job. Kudos to you man!  :)

Cheers  :cheers:

Edited by GLakie

GEORGE

MgrHa7Z.gif

Don't be bound by the limits of what you already know, be unlimited by what you are willing to learn.

Member of the Nautical Research Guild

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi Mario, albeit late, I'm just checking out your launch build. Super detail and lots of time put into the small stuff. Very well done. I'm slowly accumulating a list of potential next builds and this one makes the list. 'Love the diorama.

Mike

Thanks Guys for all the kind words. I was gone for a long while and never saw these remarks. Please except my apologies. Have Fun!

Thank You all...

Mario

My Builds....

• The title was changed to HMS BOUNTY LAUNCH by Cap'n Rat Fink - FINISHED - Model Shipways - 1:16 - Bashed