ROYAL CAROLINE 1749 by Doris - 1:40 - CARD

Hello dear friends :piratebo5: ,
Thank you very much for your kind word, congratulations and comments. That is really an honour for me and i appreciate your attention a lot.

hello doris,

i'm reading your topic and i just keep all directly over my eyes!

beautifull

where have you take the decoration and sculptures?

i got this kit from mantua but there is not the same details!! :angry:

All sculptures and decoration are made by my own. I wrote about it in this thread, you can also find a lot of pics and videos, how i made them.

I know about the Mantua or Panart kits of Royal Caroline ( I have also seen another kit from China in a scale 1/30), but for me they are too expensive and have a low level of reality, so I have decided to make a scratch build.

Doris, it is such a pleasure to have you back on MSW. I am just another person who marvel at your exceptional artistic gifts.

8454420717_85d5e821a1_o.jpg

Please accept my flowers as appreciation for your wonderful talent that you bring to all the Forum members at MSW.

Montani semper liberi  Happy modeling to all and every one of you.

Crackers     :D  :D  :D  :D  :D   

Oh, thank you dear friend, what a beautiful bouquet of flowers.

I am sorry I was not here for a longer time. During summer i rarely have free time for making models, but in autum and winter it will be better.

These days my husband and me are remaking the room, where are displayed all my models. There were also added new shelves for other ships.

post-1353-0-43149500-1376204317_thumb.jpgpost-1353-0-80690000-1376204372_thumb.jpgpost-1353-0-35060300-1376204434_thumb.jpgpost-1353-0-09195100-1376204514_thumb.jpgpost-1353-0-26160400-1376204587_thumb.jpg

Edited by DORIS

Doris

Current build:

HMS Royal Katherine 1664 from card

Welcome home Doris !

Wow, that's a museum you've got over there…..

Great view off all those masterpieces.

I enjoy it every minute !

Keep on building and enjoy...

animaatjes-sjors-94584.gif

Hello Sjors and thank you a lot! :piratebo5: That is my favourite room in our house. B)

I have made only few new details on Royal Caroline, because I have no time for my hobbies now. In the end I have decided to change again the surface of belfry and other details, because I was not satisfied with previous modification and its cleanness. BTW, I looked again at the paintings of Royal Caroline and I did not find red colour on these parts. Only the chimney is red.

20130719142057-212552-v.jpg

20130719142115-212553-v.jpg

20130719142037-212551-v.jpg

20130719142017-212550-v.jpg

20130719141949-212549-v.jpg

There were added anchor ropes, I made them on Rope Walk by Amati.

20130718120835-212470-v.jpg

20130718120721-212469-v.jpg

20130718120647-212468-v.jpg

20130718120610-212467-v.jpg

Edited by DORIS

Doris

Current build:

Wow!... Unbelievable!... So many ships!... m1433.gif

Did you begin to make your models just from your birth?!

I know mothers have your baby listen to classical music during the gravidity...

You might have listened your mother voice, reading you books of ship modelling?!... m0161.gif

Best Regards…

Ferit KUTLU

Under construction: Frigate Berlin (Brandenburg Navy)

Hope: Frigate Wappen Von Hamburg (Brandenburg Navy)

Hello Doris,

Welcome back dear friend. I have missed you.

You have a wonderful collection of beautiful ships.

The changes you made look good.

I especially love the third picture. Just beautiful.

And I like your new avatar.

Anja

Those we loved but lost are no longer where they were, but are always where we are.

In the gallery: Albatros 1840 - Constructo

Nice to have you back again Doris, it seems we all missed you! That's quite a collection of ships you have there - and all masterpieces no doubt ;)

Hello dear friends,
Thank you for your kind words, I am glad I can share my work with you all and find a lot of great inspiration here at MSW.

Wow!... Unbelievable!... So many ships!... m1433.gif

Did you begin to make your models just from your birth?!

I know mothers have your baby listen to classical music during the gravidity...

You might have listened your mother voice, reading you books of ship modelling?!... m0161.gif

Well, I started to build models when I was six and my mother was surprised that i had a bit different hobbies as compared with other small girls. But I could not help myself and enjoy this hobby to these days. :)

Hello Doris,

Welcome back dear friend. I have missed you.
You have a wonderful collection of beautiful ships.

The changes you made look good.
I especially love the third picture. Just beautiful.

And I like your new avatar.

Anja

Thank you dear Anja, I am pleased you like the changes on Royal Caroline. I also like the actual appearance more than previous+.
And my new avatar comes from the recent boat trip. 

Take care,

Doris

Hi Doris,

I don't say a thing….just looking…..GREAT 

animaatjes-sjors-94584.gif

Hello dear Sjors,

I try to look for the new ways, how to improve my work and achieve better results. Sometimes I am satisfied, but there are a lot of things, I could make better. So this is a motivation for future projects.

Nice to have you back again Doris, it seems we all missed you! That's quite a collection of ships you have there - and all masterpieces no doubt ;)

Thank you very much, Grant. Now I have about 30 ship models at home, some of the older ones have plenty of mistakes, but this way I can compare progression of my modeler skills and learn from own mistakes.

Today I took all my ships out to clean them. I use only a soft brush.

Here are some of the biggest ones:

post-1353-0-86172900-1376252437_thumb.jpg

20130811211926-214473-v.jpg 20130811211906-214472-v.jpg

Doris

Current build:

Doris,

That is one amazing room... better than a museum from what I can see.  It's good that you had a great summer and trips.   The Royal Caroline still looks great and I'm looking for more of your inspirational work when you get the time to work on her.  I have to say that you have more courage than I do to take your models outside. 

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Who I see is a lapidary!...

And these are masterpieces, jewelery... m1437.gif

Doris, let me say that your works are unbelievable not because of the quantity but of the quality... Quantity is about perseverance but quality is another thing... Yes, you are a master lapidary...

Best Regards…

Ferit KUTLU

Under construction: Frigate Berlin (Brandenburg Navy)

Hope: Frigate Wappen Von Hamburg (Brandenburg Navy)

Just an "excelent museum". All are very nice. Congratulations

Current build : Sovereign of the Seas - Mantua 1:78 scale

Finished:        San John the Baptist - Cross section

Santisima Trinidad - Cross section                  Galery Santisima 

San John the Baptist ( San Juan Bautista)    Galery  San John

HMS Victory 1805 - Cross section - Corel 1:98 scale 

Panart (Mantua) 740 Battle Station          Battle Station Panart 740 Galerry

On Hold:        HMS Bounty 1:64   Mamoli MV39

truly superb!  you have such an eye for detail.......so glad your back!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Hi Doris it's paulduggan21 here,

The amazing talent and skill that you have required over the years is mind blowing; one part that interests me is how do you make the fancy decorations that adorn your models; I'm following your royal Caroline build with great interest to see if I can learn by what you do; keep up the good work, you have an extraordinary talent.

Kind Regards.

paulduggan21.

Hi Doris,

I don't know where I've been but I've just found this buildlog of yours and I've spent so much time looking through it that I could have probably built a model ship in that time!

I find it difficult to believe that an Earthling could create so many tiny, intricate and perfect sculptures that I saw from around page 3 of your thread here.

. . . and I'm finding it impossible to find a word that hasn't already been used to describe your incredible work !!!

Jim.

I cut it twice . . . . . and it's still too short!

HMS Leopard 1790; scratch build 1:80 PoB

Cross Section - HMS Leopard 1790 - 1:44         

• 2 months later...

Hello all,

This year Doris won't' be able to continue with ship models, but she is going to join MSW as soon as possible.

She sends her warm regards to you all.

Anja

Those we loved but lost are no longer where they were, but are always where we are.

In the gallery: Albatros 1840 - Constructo

Anja,

Please send our warm regards to her. I hope it is all good reasons for her break in ship modeling and wish her well.

Ian M.

Current build: HMS Unicorn  (1748) - Corel Kit

Advice from my Grandfather to me. The only people who don't make mistakes are those who stand back and watch. The trick is not to repeat the error. 

Thanks Anja,

Let her know that she's missed and that we hope all is well.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

As long as she provides more pictures for the next calendar. We will let her off the hook. She is a true artist and we are blessed by her work!

Current Builds - 18th Century Longboat, MS Syren

Completed Builds - MS Bluenose, Panart BatteStation Cross section, Endevour J Boat Half Hull, Windego Half Hull, R/C T37 Breezing Along, R/C Victoria 32, SolCat 18

On the shelf - Panart San Felipe, Euromodel Ajax, C.Mamoli America, 

Its a sailor's Life for me! :10_1_10:

hope all is well and that we can see those amazing skills at work again soon

Current builds : HMS Bounty, Constructo Pilar

Next build : undecided

On the Shelf : AL San Juan, Mamoli HMS Victory

Builds on hold : Ochre Gorch Fock, Hachette/Amati Black Pearl

Previous Builds Gallery : Virginia; King of Mississippi

Previous Builds logs : AL King of Mississippi 1/80

• 1 month later...

Hello dear friends! :piratebo5:
Thank you for your comments and kind words, I appreciate them a lot and I am glad, you like my work.
I have to excuse I was not here for a long time. Several months the work on Royal Caroline was frozen, I have had health problems and

moreover I am sorry to say,  but there are some envy and grudging people in our country who discouraged me from modeling.

In autumn I have started to assemble some plastic kits from Revell

and found again pleasure and desire to work on RC, so now I am continuing with interior of cabins. I really enjoy this kind of work. B)

Here are pics, so enjoy them. The furniture is made of wood or paper covered with self-adhesive foils with wooden look. Decorations are hand made from modeling clay.

finished railings:

20131216154217-227384-v.jpg¨
20131216154236-227385-n.jpg20131216154253-227386-n.jpg20131216154310-227387-n.jpg20131215112326-227238-n.jpg20131215112215-227236-n.jpg20131215112150-227235-n.jpg

20131215112234-227237-v.jpg

Making furniture for the rear cabin

20131218111622-227480-v.jpg

20131218111609-227478-n.jpg20131218111615-227479-n.jpg20131218111627-227481-n.jpg20131218111633-227482-n.jpg

Edited by DORIS

Doris

Current build:

Doris,

I am sorry to hear of your health problems and also of the dingbats that don't like modeling. Your work is as Beautiful as always. You will always have friends here that enjoy your work. Please keep the post and the pictures coming. We always miss you when your not around.

Wacko

Joe :D

Go MSW :) :)