ROYAL CAROLINE 1749 by Doris - 1:40 - CARD

Beautiful work on the cleats Doris.

Michael

Current builds  Bristol Pilot Cutter 1:8;      Skipjack 19 foot Launch 1:8;       Herreshoff Buzzards Bay 14 1:8

Other projects  Pilot Cutter 1:500 ;   Maria, 1:2  Now just a memory    

Future model Gill Smith Catboat Pauline 1:8

Finished projects  A Bassett Lowke steamship Albertic 1:100  

Anything you can imagine is possible, when you put your mind to it.

Dear friends,
I warmly thank you for your praise and all comments, I am honoured a lot and appreciate your kind words.

Doris I have made cleats before and they look ok until I blow them up. But yours look real even under the unforgiving eye of the camera.

Well, these cleats are my newest and I spent plenty of time searching suitable way, how to make them. I have to admit that my first cleats were not very good. ^_^

Wonderful railings and cleats! What wood did  you use for the cleats?

That's a walnut-tree wood. I like this kind of wood, it has a nice colour and it is quite easy to machined it.

And now what's new on Royal Caroline... :)

There are finished all cleats and now I am working on channels and deadeyes - they are made on CNC lathe (not my own - I purchased them here:

http://www.radekshipmodels.cz/en/list-of-kits-and-accessories/accessory---blocks ), but it is necessary to improve the deadeyes for more realistic appearance and better looking surface.

Here are some pics, please enjoy them:

20140308213431-237145-v.jpg

20140308213452-237146-v.jpg

20140308213512-237147-v.jpg

All channels were glued onto wooden beams - one of them is highlighted with red spots on first picture below. These beams were embed into the hull and secured with glue. I tested the durability and bond strength and it proved to be a very good solution at card models.

20140308213538-237148-v.jpg

20140308213605-237149-v.jpg

20140308213629-237150-v.jpg

20140308213650-237151-v.jpg

20140308213719-237152-v.jpg

20140308213740-237153-v.jpg

20140308214003-237155-v.jpg

20140308213941-237154-v.jpg

Edited by DORIS

Doris

Current build:

HMS Royal Katherine 1664 from card

Really astounding work. I think the crew is about to move. ;)  I hope you case it soon.

S.os

New Bedford Whaleboat build. Kit by Model Shipways

I've been making progress on my model and according to the instruction booklet I should be painting it, at least parts of it.

Are acrylic's ok ? I did apply a sanding sealer. but I want to stain the untreated floor boards which are walnut.

Thanks

S.O.S.

Hello dear friends and warmly thank you for all your comments and praise. Your words mean a lot for me and I am pleased very much.

Really astounding work. I think the crew is about to move. ;)  I hope you case it soon.

S.os

Well, the crew is interested mainly in the bottles with delicious drinks inside the cabins. I have to watch them not to be drunk. Maybe during  the nights, when I sleep,  they have a party on board..... :champagne-2: because sometimes some of them fall over during the model construction. :P

Best regards

Doris

The port is finished, all deadeyes are placed at the channels according to plans.

20140310220243-237404-v.jpg

20140310220223-237403-v.jpg

20140310220159-237402-v.jpg

20140310220138-237401-v.jpg

20140310220109-237399-v.jpg

Doris

Current build:

such an awesome ship Doris!   it's amazing.....the medium in which you work with,  to produce a ship like this.  simply beautiful ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

candy for eyes and soul Doris,

you put so much love into every Detail...

even the Little stand plate withe the Name and those great modelled (unicorns ?), do you have a Close up view ?

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50

I'm have still nothing to say !!!!!!!

animaatjes-sjors-94584.gif

So do I !!!!

In progress:

CUTTY SARK - Tehnodidakta => scratch => Campbell plans

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-1#entry64653

Content of log :

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-62#entry217381

Past build:

Stella, Heller kit, plastic, Santa Maria, Tehnodidakta kit, wood, Jolly Roger Heller kit, plastic

i so love your work, are you fully masting her like the others?

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

Doris,

Amazing, of course. AND your SOS is---- here's that word again (:-) Ridiculous!!!

Michael

Michael

Current buildSovereign of the Seas 1/78 Sergal

Under the table:

Golden Hind - C Mamoli    Oseberg - Billings 720 - Drakkar - Amati

Completed:   

Santa Maria-Mantua --

Vasa-Corel -

Santisima Trinidad cross section OcCre 1/90th

Gallery :    Santa Maria - Vasa

Hello dear friends,
I am really very honored reading your posts and your support helps me a lot. Thank you all very much and appreciate your "likes".

such an awesome ship Doris!   it's amazing.....the medium in which you work with,  to produce a ship like this.  simply beautiful ;)

Paper and clay (sculpey) are my favourite materials, there are not needed any special tools to work with it. In fact I have only basic tools. So I try to search suitable techniques, how to create the  model using available things for me.

candy for eyes and soul Doris,

you put so much love into every Detail...

even the Little stand plate withe the Name and those great modelled (unicorns ?), do you have a Close up view ?

Nils

You are right, dear Nils.
Doing something without love would be only a half. I like sea and ships and building sailing ships as models is really a great pleasure for me. And I am also very pleased I can share this with other people.

I took some closer pics of sculptures at the name plate for you, so you can enjoy them:

post-1353-0-50150100-1394733908_thumb.jpgpost-1353-0-66325700-1394733919_thumb.jpg

Here are other pics from process, when I modelled them:

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/854-royal-caroline-by-doris-card-1749-140/?p=28164

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/854-royal-caroline-by-doris-card-1749-140/?p=28161

The characters make it even more beautiful than a majestic model.
Mauro

Soon I will create other crew members near the cannons. I really like this work....

i so love your work, are you fully masting her like the others?

Oh yes, I am going to make masts, full rigging and sails. The model could be also used for a diorama (maybe in future, if I find suitable and large enough space at home). ;)

Doris,

Amazing, of course. AND your SOS is---- here's that word again (:-) Ridiculous!!!

Michael

Sovereign of the seas is my best current model made of card, I cooperated with two captains and experts, who helped me to create more realistic model. I spent two years to build SoS. Here is my building log at Modelforum (all is in Czech language, but there are plenty of pics, so that is quite understandable):
http://modelforum.cz/viewtopic.php?f=177&t=43575
I suppose, that Royal Caroline will be after finishing even better. B)

Best regards

Doris

Edited by DORIS

Doris

Current build:

Not only am I struggling to keep up with your updates Doris,I am struggling to find something original to say. :D I have seen a lot of beautiful models in my time,but this would have to rank as one of the top ones.I think the combination of your massive talent and the fact that Royal Caroline is such a beautiful vessel make an unbeatable combination B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)

Kind Regards 

Nigel

Currently working on Royal Caroline

Hello dear friends,

I am really very honored reading your posts and your support helps me a lot. Thank you all very much and appreciate your "likes".

Paper and clay (sculpey) are my favourite materials, there are not needed any special tools to work with it. In fact I have only basic tools. So I try to search suitable techniques, how to create the  model using available things for me.

You are right, dear Nils.

Doing something without love would be only a half. I like sea and ships and building sailing ships as models is really a great pleasure for me. And I am also very pleased I can share this with other people.

I took some closer pics of sculptures at the name plate for you, so you can enjoy them:

attachicon.gif039.jpgattachicon.gif047.jpg

Here are other pics from process, when I modelled them:

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/854-royal-caroline-by-doris-card-1749-140/?p=28164

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/854-royal-caroline-by-doris-card-1749-140/?p=28161

Soon I will create other crew members near the cannons. I really like this work....

Oh yes, I am going to make masts, full rigging and sails. The model could be also used for a diorama (maybe in future, if I find suitable and large enough space at home). ;)

Sovereign of the seas is my best current model made of card, I cooperated with two captains and experts, who helped me to create more realistic model. I spent two years to build SoS. Here is my building log at Modelforum (all is in Czech language, but there are plenty of pics, so that is quite understandable):

http://modelforum.cz/viewtopic.php?f=177&t=43575

I suppose, that Royal Caroline will be after finishing even better. B)

Best regards

Doris

Doris ,

Thanks so much for those Close up pics of those absolutely fantastic mystic figures, its like in fairyland even with my 66 years

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50

Not only am I struggling to keep up with your updates Doris,I am struggling to find something original to say. :D I have seen a lot of beautiful models in my time,but this would have to rank as one of the top ones.I think the combination of your massive talent and the fact that Royal Caroline is such a beautiful vessel make an unbeatable combination

Doris, Nigel took the words right out of my mouth.

Michael

Current builds  Bristol Pilot Cutter 1:8;      Skipjack 19 foot Launch 1:8;       Herreshoff Buzzards Bay 14 1:8

Other projects  Pilot Cutter 1:500 ;   Maria, 1:2  Now just a memory    

Future model Gill Smith Catboat Pauline 1:8

Finished projects  A Bassett Lowke steamship Albertic 1:100  

Anything you can imagine is possible, when you put your mind to it.

Doris,

I have to look at my dictionary to see if there are any words that is saying to you how wonderful this is.

Sorry, I couldn't find anything......

Maybe I have to wright such dictionary of my own.

In the mean while....great job ?

No, not a great job but an fantastic job !

animaatjes-sjors-94584.gif

Doris,

Truly impressive work, you have amazing skills and have created a beautiful work of art!!

J

I'm with Sherry on this Doris - completely out of words, so will settle for just stunningly beautiful!