DORIS

ROYAL CAROLINE by Doris - CARD - 1749 -1:40

You must have been a surgeon.....your tying all your lines is so perfect....I'm jealous. My fat thumbs (on all fingers) could never be that neat. Great job.

Doris,

wonderful Job on the Standing rigging like all your work. I noticed that you have fitted a block tackle between the foremost shroud length of every mast. Super Detail, I have learnt that this is the means to loosten the shroud when bracing the lower Yards. Wish I had known this earlier, I would have adopted that one for my own rigging.

Nils

Superb job Doris, your attention to detail and fine craftswoman ship have are turning out a very,very nice ship

Doris,

I think every manner of compliment has already been used here, and most deservingly so. I must tell you that several years back, I came across a video feed on Youtube of one of your models. I was drawn in like a moth to a flame. I made it my screensaver and studied it intently. Having loved tall ships since a little boy, I decided to join a modeling site and learn this craft.

Thank you for lighting the flame, for now I see.

Sincere Regards,

Bill

Hello, dear friends!
Thank you very much for your kind words and support. I appreciate all your comments a lot. I have to apologize you, I am writing so late, but I have a lot of problems mainly at work and also many duties, so I did not visit internet almost at all and unfortunately have no time for building models.
I am searching for a new and better job, so it is quite difficult time now for me, cause there are a lot of unemployed people in our country.

I believe, things will go better next months and it will be possible to continue with modelling in winter. I am going to share my work with you and looking forward to continuing.

Have a great time and take care
Doris

Here are some of last pics from the process, I have made in august.

post-1353-0-60428400-1412157540_thumb.jpgpost-1353-0-55123500-1412157555_thumb.jpgpost-1353-0-06357000-1412157566_thumb.jpgpost-1353-0-84098100-1412157571_thumb.jpgpost-1353-0-84831800-1412157577_thumb.jpgpost-1353-0-86499800-1412157582_thumb.jpgpost-1353-0-30947600-1412157589_thumb.jpg

The pins are hand made.

Doris, I will add to the congratulations. Those shrouds have perfect definition of the individual ropes. Did you say what kind of thread you used for making these?

Mark

Hello Mark, I use mainly threads Amati and Corel.

Hi Doris,

Your rigging work looks great, love the ropes, can you tell us how you made the rigging mouse?  I'll need to do four for my Half Moon and am wondering how you did it?

THX

J

Well, it is made by turning the thin thread around the rope/stay in more layers. I also use the glue (water based) to modify the layers in a suitable shape.

Doris

Wow! That´s a show room! Great work, Doris. All of your ships are great. Hope you can be modelling soon and get a better job (hope unemployment on your country decreases, too).

Thank you for the update Doris, both on the model and your work. I hope your future prospects improve your work situation.

Your models are very inspiring, and show how much can be done with humble materials.

Michael

Hello Doris, first of all I sincerely hope that your job prospects work out favorably for you.  Secondly, your work is certainly inspiring to all of us.  Your models are examples for us to strive for.

I'm patiently awaiting future updates.  Just take care of the situations in your personal life.

Cheers,

Dear friends,

I wish you Merry Christmas and a happy New Year 2015. :champagne-2:

Best regards
Doris

BTW, during previous weeks I made a new model - Chebec 1:80/plastic model by Imai, and today I have just finished it. This build was primarily relaxation and enjoyment for me. Here is a thread, you can have a look, if you want:

http://modelforum.cz/viewtopic.php?f=177&t=89590&start=45

post-1353-0-55022000-1419453127_thumb.jpgpost-1353-0-90931000-1419453205_thumb.jpgpost-1353-0-26137700-1419453175_thumb.jpgpost-1353-0-43600200-1419453401_thumb.jpg

A merry Christmas to you Doris,

thats a lovely build, your "Chebec", it Looks like a fast sailer, very interesting rigging, hull-lines, you`ve realy produced a gem out of that kit, well done!

Nils

Hi Doris, congratulations for your xebec, spectacular as always, I hope that Santa bring me a gift of a little bit of your talent !!! Many wishes for a happy Christmas by Mauro

Nice!

How did you het those colours so nice? They are not just out of the can revell-colours, it looks as if you did some aging and weathering on them.

Jan

Hi Doris,

You can see your hand in the build of the Chebec.

Very clean, and again a great job !!!!!!!!

Sjors

Hello dear friends,
thank you very much for your praise and kind words. I am pleased and honored you like my work.
Sometimes modeler needs a change and this plastic Chebec was a nice touch. The kit by Imai is rarely available, because the manufacturer does not exist for many years.

Nice!
How did you het those colours so nice? They are not just out of the can revell-colours, it looks as if you did some aging and weathering on them.

Jan

Hello Jan,

I do not use Revell colours for finished painting. I used oil paints  (this is my first plastic model I have painted this way) to achieve wooden look and more realistic weathering.

For example:

http://eshop.koh-i-noor.eu/oil-colours/c-1129/

It is necessary to apply clear coat/synthetic lacquer to finish painting.

A belated Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you Doris :) 

Fabulous work on your Chebec Doris: :wub:   It is funny,I have been 'eyeing up' Heller's offering of this vessel in 1/50.It bears a striking resemblance to Le Requin.

Kind Regards

Nigel

Well dear Nigel, this Heller's Chebec in 1/50 is really superb.

http://www.radekshipmodels.cz/en/seznam-modelu-plachetnic-en/modely-v-meritku-do-1_100/le-chebec-en

I also I thought about it, but it is too large for me. Next year I am going to build La Réale by Heller in 1/75, I found this beautiful kit under Christmas tree.... :D

http://www.radekshipmodels.cz/en/seznam-modelu-plachetnic-en/modely-v-meritku-do-1_100/la-reale-de-france-en

Well, dear friends, I have finished tops on the masts ( made of card and wood) and now I am going to continue with rigging on Royal Caroline. I have unfortunately less free time for hobbies ( because I have a new and very responsible job as a sales director in a company selling cosmetics), but I would like to continue and make models for relaxation.

20141226161058-259352-v.jpg

20141226161040-259351-v.jpg

20141226161019-259350-v.jpg

20141226160942-259349-v.jpg

20141226160926-259348-v.jpg

20141226160908-259347-v.jpg

20141226160841-259346-v.jpg

20141226160822-259345-v.jpg

20141109210021-255726-v.jpg

Hello Doris, merry Xmas and a happy new year!!!!! Your work at the Royal Caroline is spectacular !!! I hope someday i  will be able to do half of the beautiful work that you are doing!!!!! Congrats for the new job  . :) :)

Cheers

Dimitris