ROYAL CAROLINE 1749 by Doris - 1:40 - CARD

Thank you for the update Doris, both on the model and your work. I hope your future prospects improve your work situation.

Your models are very inspiring, and show how much can be done with humble materials.

Michael

Current builds  Bristol Pilot Cutter 1:8;      Skipjack 19 foot Launch 1:8;       Herreshoff Buzzards Bay 14 1:8

Other projects  Pilot Cutter 1:500 ;   Maria, 1:2  Now just a memory    

Future model Gill Smith Catboat Pauline 1:8

Finished projects  A Bassett Lowke steamship Albertic 1:100  

Anything you can imagine is possible, when you put your mind to it.

Hi Doris,

fantastic work, as always

cheers    :cheers:

Robert

And when the workaholic grabs me, I sit quietly in a corner and wait until the attack is over

Into dockyard:   HMY Royal Caroline 1749 made from Bone

74 Gun-ship 1781 (engl.) Admiralty Model M 1:50 by M. Stalkartt

Hello Doris, first of all I sincerely hope that your job prospects work out favorably for you.  Secondly, your work is certainly inspiring to all of us.  Your models are examples for us to strive for.

I'm patiently awaiting future updates.  Just take care of the situations in your personal life.

Cheers,

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

• 2 months later...

Dear friends,

I wish you Merry Christmas and a happy New Year 2015. :champagne-2:

Best regards
Doris

BTW, during previous weeks I made a new model - Chebec 1:80/plastic model by Imai, and today I have just finished it. This build was primarily relaxation and enjoyment for me. Here is a thread, you can have a look, if you want:

http://modelforum.cz/viewtopic.php?f=177&t=89590&start=45

post-1353-0-55022000-1419453127_thumb.jpgpost-1353-0-90931000-1419453205_thumb.jpgpost-1353-0-26137700-1419453175_thumb.jpgpost-1353-0-43600200-1419453401_thumb.jpg

Edited by DORIS

Doris

Current build:

HMS Royal Katherine 1664 from card

Even your taking a break relaxing work is superb Doris.

A merry Christmas to you and your family as well.

Michael

Current builds  Bristol Pilot Cutter 1:8;      Skipjack 19 foot Launch 1:8;       Herreshoff Buzzards Bay 14 1:8

A merry Christmas to you Doris,

thats a lovely build, your "Chebec", it Looks like a fast sailer, very interesting rigging, hull-lines, you`ve realy produced a gem out of that kit, well done!

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50

A belated Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you Doris :) 

Fabulous work on your Chebec Doris: :wub:   It is funny,I have been 'eyeing up' Heller's offering of this vessel in 1/50.It bears a striking resemblance to Le Requin.

Kind Regards

Nigel

Currently working on Royal Caroline

now that is a really sweet looking vessel Doris!   hard to tell that is a plastic kit  ;)   hope you and yours had a great holiday!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Hello dear friends,
thank you very much for your praise and kind words. I am pleased and honored you like my work.
Sometimes modeler needs a change and this plastic Chebec was a nice touch. The kit by Imai is rarely available, because the manufacturer does not exist for many years.

Nice!
How did you het those colours so nice? They are not just out of the can revell-colours, it looks as if you did some aging and weathering on them.

Jan

Hello Jan,

I do not use Revell colours for finished painting. I used oil paints  (this is my first plastic model I have painted this way) to achieve wooden look and more realistic weathering.

For example:

http://eshop.koh-i-noor.eu/oil-colours/c-1129/

It is necessary to apply clear coat/synthetic lacquer to finish painting.

A belated Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you Doris :) 

Fabulous work on your Chebec Doris: :wub:   It is funny,I have been 'eyeing up' Heller's offering of this vessel in 1/50.It bears a striking resemblance to Le Requin.

Kind Regards

Nigel

Well dear Nigel, this Heller's Chebec in 1/50 is really superb.

http://www.radekshipmodels.cz/en/seznam-modelu-plachetnic-en/modely-v-meritku-do-1_100/le-chebec-en

I also I thought about it, but it is too large for me. Next year I am going to build La Réale by Heller in 1/75, I found this beautiful kit under Christmas tree.... :D

http://www.radekshipmodels.cz/en/seznam-modelu-plachetnic-en/modely-v-meritku-do-1_100/la-reale-de-france-en

Edited by DORIS

Doris

Current build:

Well, dear friends, I have finished tops on the masts ( made of card and wood) and now I am going to continue with rigging on Royal Caroline. I have unfortunately less free time for hobbies ( because I have a new and very responsible job as a sales director in a company selling cosmetics), but I would like to continue and make models for relaxation.

20141226161058-259352-v.jpg

20141226161040-259351-v.jpg

20141226161019-259350-v.jpg

20141226160942-259349-v.jpg

20141226160926-259348-v.jpg

20141226160908-259347-v.jpg

20141226160841-259346-v.jpg

20141226160822-259345-v.jpg

20141109210021-255726-v.jpg

Doris

Current build:

Congratulations on your new job Doris. I hope you still manage to find enough time to progress your exquisite models.

Hello Doris, merry Xmas and a happy new year!!!!! Your work at the Royal Caroline is spectacular !!! I hope someday i  will be able to do half of the beautiful work that you are doing!!!!! Congrats for the new job  . :) :)

Cheers

Dimitris

Edited by Dimitris71

Current Build: Amerigo Vespucci -Mantua- 1:100 scale

Completed Build logs: Bluenose II AL 1:75 scale

Gallery: Bluenose II AL 1:75 scale

Future Build: Royal Caroline -Panart- 1:47 scale

Doris,

Finally they need your talent ?????

Sales Director.......pffffff.

Congratulations on that !!!!!!!

It's unbelievable what you can create with paper and wood !

It's a pleasure for the eye.......

I enjoy every picture that you post.

So please, tell your boss that you need more relexation time to entertain us  :D  :D  :D

Sjors

Edited by Sjors

What a beautiful Chebec, Doris.  And it's great to see progress on the RC.    Congratulations on the new job and I hope all goes well in 2015.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Hope the new job be everything u need! Your work looks terrific, as ever.

Dear friends,
first I would like to wish you happy New Year 2015 and have a great time, plenty of health and optimism.
Thank you very much for your kind words and all the comments, you wrote to me.
I am blessed to be here with you and appreciate your favour a lot. Tomorrow it is my first day at new work so now I feel a bit nervous, cause this will be completely different than my previous occupation.
Your support and friendship mean a lot for me and helps me being strong.

Thank you warmly. :wub:
During last days I finished topmasts and deadeyes on the tops. I used card and pale wood (ramin). know, the work goes slowly, but I try to make the model neatly and much realistic, than my previous ships, so it is necessary to spend some time studying plans and nautical literature.

post-1353-0-39467700-1420133756_thumb.jpgpost-1353-0-18488500-1420133780_thumb.jpgpost-1353-0-90721700-1420133799_thumb.jpgpost-1353-0-82811100-1420133819_thumb.jpgpost-1353-0-89567600-1420133841_thumb.jpg

Doris

Current build:

Congratulations for your new work. As always your work is breath-taking, a true piece of art, I was asking myself how you handle the dust, as your other models do not seem to be in a case. I hope that you will have a pleasant experience at your new job.

Good luck and a happy new year.

Beautiful workmanship on the mast tops and rigging Doris, The last close up of the top and rigging demonstrate clearly your great skill. Your photographs are also always clear and well composed. 

Happy New Year to you and your family.

Michael

Absolutely incredible! I keep looking back at it & asking is this really built from card? You are very talented!

Good luck on the new job!

Current build: Syren : Kit- Model Shipways

Side project: HMS Bounty - Revel -(plastic)

On hold: Pre-owned, unfinished Mayflower (wood)

Past builds: Scottish Maid - AL- 1:50, USS North Carolina Battleship -1/350  (plastic),   Andromede - Dikar (wood),   Yatch Atlantic - 14" (wood),   Pirate Ship - 1:72 (plastic),   Custom built wood Brig from scratch - ?(3/4" =1'),   4 small scratch builds (wood),   Vietnamese fishing boat (wood)   & a Ship in a bottle