DORIS

ROYAL CAROLINE by Doris - CARD - 1749 -1:40

Doris,

Finally they need your talent ?????

Sales Director.......pffffff.

Congratulations on that !!!!!!!

It's unbelievable what you can create with paper and wood !

It's a pleasure for the eye.......

I enjoy every picture that you post.

So please, tell your boss that you need more relexation time to entertain us  :D  :D  :D

Sjors

Dear friends,
first I would like to wish you happy New Year 2015 and have a great time, plenty of health and optimism.
Thank you very much for your kind words and all the comments, you wrote to me.
I am blessed to be here with you and appreciate your favour a lot. Tomorrow it is my first day at new work so now I feel a bit nervous, cause this will be completely different than my previous occupation.
Your support and friendship mean a lot for me and helps me being strong.

Thank you warmly. :wub:
During last days I finished topmasts and deadeyes on the tops. I used card and pale wood (ramin). know, the work goes slowly, but I try to make the model neatly and much realistic, than my previous ships, so it is necessary to spend some time studying plans and nautical literature.

post-1353-0-39467700-1420133756_thumb.jpgpost-1353-0-18488500-1420133780_thumb.jpgpost-1353-0-90721700-1420133799_thumb.jpgpost-1353-0-82811100-1420133819_thumb.jpgpost-1353-0-89567600-1420133841_thumb.jpg

Congratulations for your new work. As always your work is breath-taking, a true piece of art, I was asking myself how you handle the dust, as your other models do not seem to be in a case. I hope that you will have a pleasant experience at your new job.

Good luck and a happy new year.

Beautiful workmanship on the mast tops and rigging Doris, The last close up of the top and rigging demonstrate clearly your great skill. Your photographs are also always clear and well composed. 

Happy New Year to you and your family.

Michael

Absolutely incredible! I keep looking back at it & asking is this really built from card? You are very talented!

Good luck on the new job!

Hello Doris ,Always in awe of your perfected modeling workmanship, as many fans have stated "congratulations" on your new job and position, Happy New Year, full of good health,joy with your music and modeling.Edwin

Hello Doris and a happy New Year.  Congratulations with your new job.

Superb work on the rigging parts my dear friend.

Cheers,

I like other have miss your post. As always your work is outstanding, you are one of the great ones and I know that everyone here agrees with this. What you do with card is out of this world, if a person didn't know it was card they would swear that it was wood. I like others wish you and your family the best and I know you will be outstanding with your new job.

I have one question, how do you keep the dust off of all your ships. I hope you don't mind me asking.

Thank you

Wacko

awe-some work Doris!   there is such beauty with all you do.  thank you.......and I hope that 2015 holds great things for you  as well!

good health and peace!  ;)

Doris,

Good luck with your new career in 2015.

Also, your flag waves in the air so realistically, I so visualize the wind-----another talented achievement, Will you ever stop surprising (:-) Please don't.

Regards,

Michael

Hi Doris,

May you explain how have you given that perfect waved shape to the flag? It's far away from my skill but I will be happy with the knowledge.

Thank you very much and I am sorry if I asked a question already answered...

Hi Doris,

May you explain how have you given that perfect waved shape to the flag? It's far away from my skill but I will be happy with the knowledge.

Thank you very much and I am sorry if I asked a question already answered...

Hi Ferit

Like many people, I've been absolutely fascinated by the paper ships that Doris builds and methods used, they really are amazing. A while ago I spent some very enjoyable time reading through Doris's various build logs, both here and on other forums to learn more and I kept some notes. I hope Doris doesn't mind me providing some links for you on how the flags were made: 

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/854-royal-caroline-by-doris-card-1749-140/?p=162240

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/854-royal-caroline-by-doris-card-1749-140/?p=165490

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/854-royal-caroline-by-doris-card-1749-140/page-48#entry226396

Here is a link to a post on flag making on Doris's Sovereign of the Seas build with a slightly different method: 

http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/ships-watercraft/9403-sovereign-seas-1637-1-96-scratch-build-29.html#post243344

Here is another post from the Slovak paper modelers site with another flag making example from Sovereign of the Seas (use Google translate to get an English translation):

http://www.papermodelers.sk/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=2110&start=700#p73661

I hope your new job is going well Doris! All the best with it!

Raz

Many thanks Raz for your aid to me and especially to Doris.
And it's really shame for me (being a follower of Doris) to learn some precious information from the Log of Doris by a member joined at 18 Nov 2014 and by his first post :'(
Many thanks and many apologizes...

Hi Doris , Let me say your work is an inspiration and I wish I could do what you do . Moreover your casting work is something I really would like to learn, how did you ever get so good at all this lol. Your one of the best IMO.

Incredible, I've been sat here with my jaw dropped, page after page and when you think it can't be any better.....it becomes unbelievably better.

you are truly an artist, something for all to aspire to.

Marvelous, absolutely marvelous. :o

Part 9 -modeling the visible part of the second wing and improving details, the final adjustment of whole shapehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvvgLu2PJyI&feature=youtu.beFinished sculpture ready for baking:20130304084550-197931-v.jpg 20130304084537-197930-v.jpg Pegasus is ready for baking in the oven and after that I will paint it and place onto the base of one from my sailing ships

Part 9 -modeling the visible part of the second wing and improving details, the final adjustment of whole shapehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvvgLu2PJyI&feature=youtu.beFinished sculpture ready for baking:20130304084550-197931-v.jpg 20130304084537-197930-v.jpg Pegasus is ready for baking in the oven and after that I will paint it and place onto the base of one from my sailing ships

Hi Doris, first l want to thank you for being so generous by sharing all this pics and videos that show so clearly how you make your magic. You are an amazing artist. I have seen this log and the pics of your finished work on another ships and l most say that they are so impresive. You have inspired me to improve my self and my modeling work. Thanks again and have a great week.

Best regards

Polo

Hello, dear friends!
Thank you very much for your support and kind words. I appreciate them a lot.
I was not here for a long time and I have to apologize. In January I started new career, the work was not difficult, but I had no free time and also the new job did not bring me any pleasure nor satisfaction.

So I decided to finish there and few days ago I have found a new occupation as a branch Manager at Don Bosco society and believe this will be much better for me.

The Royal Caroline is already finished a  have to say, that she is my best ship model I have ever created.

post-1353-0-85713100-1434448040_thumb.jpgpost-1353-0-87232500-1434448117_thumb.jpgpost-1353-0-67372500-1434448128_thumb.jpg

I would like to bring some pics from the progress for you and hope, you will enjoy them.
Have a great time and take care
Doris