ROYAL CAROLINE 1749 by Doris - 1:40 - CARD

Outdoor pics

20150614101305-273359-v.jpg 20150614101329-273360-v.jpg 20150614101350-273361-v.jpg 20150614101414-273362-v.jpg 20150614101443-273363-v.jpg 20150614101516-273364-v.jpg 20150614101534-273365-v.jpg 20150614101553-273366-v.jpg

And here is my present for you all B)  :

Please enjoy and have a great time.

Kind regards and all the best

Doris

Doris

Current build:

HMS Royal Katherine 1664 from card

Really wonderful pictures. What's the next model in your shipyard?

Regards Christian

Current build: HM Cutter Alert, 1777; HM Sloop Fly, 1776 - 1/36

On the drawing board: English Ship Sloops Fly, 1776, Comet, 1783 and Aetna, 1776; Naval Cutter Alert, 1777

Paused: HMS Triton, 1771 - 1/48

"Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it." Salvador Dali

Simply wonderful Doris. Just stunning work all round. Thank you so much for sharing your talent with us.

Welcome back, Doris, and congratulations on a stunning model! I'm sure many of us were wondering what and how you were doing. I hope your new work is satisfying and will allow you time to continue to create more outstanding models. Dobri!

Be sure to sign up for an epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series  http://trafalgar.tv

Thank you very much for your kind words, dear friends! Your support helped me a lot during the work.
What will be the next model in my shipyard? Well, now I need to have a rest, so I am going to make some plastic kits for relax - maybe La Reale de France (Heller, scale 1:75)

post-1353-0-36161600-1434475577_thumb.jpg

and also have at home small kit of Vasa/Revell - 1/150 and two battle ships from WW2 (Musashi and New Jersey, 1/350, Tamiya.

In future I am going to build HMS Sussex (probably in 1:60 scale; scratch build) from card. This could be another great project.

post-1353-0-58425500-1434475834_thumb.jpg

Edited by DORIS

Doris

Current build:

Just exquisite !!!

CaptainSteve
Current Build:  HM Granado Bomb Vessel (Caldercraft)

My BathTub:    Queen Anne Barge (Syren Ship Models)       Log:  Queen Anne Barge (an build log)

Bounty Launch (Model Shipways)                 Log:  Bounty Launch by CaptainSteve
                        Apostol Felipe (OcCre)
                        HMS Victory (Constructo)
Check It Out:   The Kit-Basher's Guide to The Galaxy

It does real good to look at those fantastic results of your masterly work Doris,

awsome modeling art all the way, love those figurines as well, and the pics with twiight illumination

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50

Beautiful, Doris. The fit and finish of the elements in the Royal quarters compares with the finest of doll houses. I wonder what would happen if you entered the model in a doll house exhibition? I bet they'd be blown away. Pass me a slice of that watermelon!

Greg

website
Admiralty Models

moderator Echo Cross-section build
Admiralty Models Cross-section Build

Finished build
Pegasus, 1776, cross-section

Current build
Speedwell, 1752

she came out absolutely beautiful Doris......you add so much in your builds.  you really show just how vast,  the imagination can be  ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Congratulations on completion, Doris.  I have followed your build with great interest and admiration.  The finished model is a miniature gem, and the interior spaces are spectacular.

Best wishes for your new job and your next project.

Be well

Dan

Current build -SS Mayaguez (c.1975) scale 1/16" = 1' (1:192) by Dan Pariser

Prior scratch builds - Royal yacht Henrietta, USS Monitor, USS Maine, HMS Pelican, SS America, SS Rex, SS Uruguay, Viking knarr, Gokstad ship, Thames River Skiff , USS OneidaSwan 42 racing yacht  Queen Anne's Revenge (1710) SS Andrea Doria (1952), SS Michelangelo (1962) , Queen Anne's Revenge (2nd model) USS/SS Leviathan (1914),  James B Colgate (1892),  POW bone model (circa 1800) restoration

Prior kit builds - AL Dallas, Mamoli Bounty. Bluejacket America, North River Diligence, Airfix Sovereign of the Seas

"Take big bites.  Moderation is for monks."  Robert A. Heinlein

Absolutely amazing!

Current build: Syren : Kit- Model Shipways

Side project: HMS Bounty - Revel -(plastic)

On hold: Pre-owned, unfinished Mayflower (wood)

Past builds: Scottish Maid - AL- 1:50, USS North Carolina Battleship -1/350  (plastic),   Andromede - Dikar (wood),   Yatch Atlantic - 14" (wood),   Pirate Ship - 1:72 (plastic),   Custom built wood Brig from scratch - ?(3/4" =1'),   4 small scratch builds (wood),   Vietnamese fishing boat (wood)   & a Ship in a bottle

Hello Doris,

Absolutely gorgeous and inspirational,  glad your new job is working out better for you.  You've been missed

J

Thank you dear friends,
your words mean a lot for me and I am really very honoured. I also thank you warmly for awesome inspiration I find here in your build logs. I admire your work on ship models a lot.
Royal Caroline is my newest and concurrently best model I have built, but  I must admit, there are some of details and things, that could be made better. So I will have an occasion to find new ways, how to improve the work at my future scratch builds.Royal Caroline is exposed together with Sovereign of the seas at the nicest place in the room, where we have more than 30 ship models. This is my most favorite room in our house. :wub:

post-1353-0-83048100-1434477809_thumb.jpgpost-1353-0-68146800-1434477845_thumb.jpg
Kind regards
Doris

Doris

Current build:

Doris, I can't find words that accurately describe or praise your work, other than to say absolutely stunningly beautiful model! You have certainly outdone yourself on this one and can be very proud of your accomplishments! I look forward to your nest build! 

Sherry

Every goodbye is the birth of a memory...

Current Build: San Felipe

Finished Builds: Mayflower Build Log

Gallery: Mayflower

This is beyond amazing and beautiful, Doris.  I think "exquisite" might be start.   Thank you for sharing the journey and the final result.   

Congratulations on the new job.  I hope it works out and you find happiness in your work.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)