Niagara by jwhineryjr - Model Shipways

John, your stern fillers are great. Your gun ports and sweep ports are fantastic too. I think all of us had to add filler pieces to our bulkheads to get the hull planking to lay right. You're doing an outstanding job.

Thanks,

Patrick

YouTube Channel for fun: Patrick's Scale Studio

Finished: Model Shipways US Brig Niagara

Current: I Love Kit USS Curtis Wilbur DDG-54

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday"

- John Wayne

Patrick,

Thank you for the encouragement.  I've looked through other logs and see that the frustrations are pretty much the same on every build regardless of the experience level.  I also see that the key seems to be patience and time - when you run out of patience it's time to stop. :D

Thanks,

John

After some encouragement from others on the forum I decided to not be so overly critical with the appearance of something midway through the steps because my work doesn’t look like the pictures of what it should be after the steps are done.

So some more pictures of my progress with the gun and sweep ports.

post-9365-0-97051900-1419380772_thumb.jpg

post-9365-0-30190000-1419380787_thumb.jpg

post-9365-0-88591500-1419380797_thumb.jpg

post-9365-0-58124600-1419380808_thumb.jpg

post-9365-0-47718800-1419427758_thumb.jpg

Edited by jwhineryjr

John,

Good decision to go on. I was in the same place when I started my build log. I decided to just post, warts & all. It is part of the sharing process I wanted to do. I'm doing my log with the viewpoint of a beginner, highlighting the problems, question & solutions as seen by new eyes. It is that fresh approach that helps us beginners. And it shows how you improve over time.

John, I'm not so sure what you are worried about. Your progress looks great. The gun ports and sweep ports are right on target.

Thanks,

Patrick

YouTube Channel for fun: Patrick's Scale Studio

Finished: Model Shipways US Brig Niagara

Current: I Love Kit USS Curtis Wilbur DDG-54

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday"

- John Wayne

Good morning John,

Your making great progress and the build looks right on target.

Regards,

Larry

----------------------------------------------------

Current Build

US Brig Niagara

Completed Builds

George W Washburn - 1890 Tugboat

Future Builds

18th Century Longboat by MS

HM Cutter Cheerful

Wappen Von Hamburg by Corel

If your not making mistakes, your not challenging yourself – my life has been full of challenges :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hello Jwhineryjr, 

I have been following along with your log as you are just a bit beyond where you are. I look forward to following further and seeing how you tackle various aspects of the build.

Thank you,

- Tim