Niagara by Rich_engr - Model Shipways - 1:64

Thank you for the birthday wishes Joe!

It was a relaxing day despite hauling books down from the attic in 100+ degrees (it was so hot up there my body instantly began to sweat pools- drank about a gallon of water), although there was no steak or wine (didn't get to the store in time), so I settled for pizza, beer, and watched Terminator 2: Judgement Day (which, if you all know, Skynet takes over the world on August 29, 1995).  :)

Job Update:  This morning HR from Dahlgren emailed me and said they'll get back to me next week to find out when my in-person will be (gov't and the holiday, which I figured).  She said, "they are still very interested in keeping things moving forward" with me, which is awesome news!!!!  :)  So next week I'll hear something for sure, whether they can get me in for an interview next week or the following week!!!  :)

Build Update:  After cleaning the house today (gf might come back tomorrow, so gotta remove all evidence of the "wild parties"  lol~), I'll go ahead and pop the deck houses in and get some pics.  :)

So who knows- I could be nearing the end of my "5-month sabbatical"...  lol!  (don't want to jinx it, but I'm aligning my energies into the positive and making this real!)  I'll keep everyone (friends, family, and of course MSW) posted!!!!

Best of luck

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

In my opinion, the Terminator movies represent the best SciFi has to offer.

Regards,

Larry

----------------------------------------------------

Current Build

US Brig Niagara

Completed Builds

George W Washburn - 1890 Tugboat

Future Builds

18th Century Longboat by MS

HM Cutter Cheerful

Wappen Von Hamburg by Corel

If your not making mistakes, your not challenging yourself – my life has been full of challenges :)

Terminator movies do kick butt, and the Alien movies were good too (AvP did a really good job of tying the two together!).  Event Horizon was a good scare/freak-out too (Omen/Exorcist and a spaceship).

Job Update:  They called back this afternoon- want to do an interview next week!!!  :)  So I told them Friday!!  :)  Now I'm making travel arrangements.  Awesome!  :)

Fantastic news !!!!  Now go finish up all the pizza and beer, get the place ready for the return of your gal and......have a GREAT weekend!

Augie

Current Build: US Frigate Confederacy - MS 1:64

Previous Builds :

US Brig Syren (MS) - 2013 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Greek Tug Ulises (OcCre) - 2009 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Victory Cross Section (Corel) - 1988

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Cutty Sark (Revell 1:96) - 1956

A trip to Viginia!!! That's great news and hopefully the beginning of a long and successful career.

Regards,

Larry

Current Build

US Brig Niagara

Completed Builds

Future Builds

HM Cutter Cheerful

If your not making mistakes, your not challenging yourself – my life has been full of challenges :)

Rich;  Happy belated birthday, and great job on the deck structures;  it's so good to hear you have promising news in the job arena;  I have been keeping my fingers crossed for you since I joined this log, and I have no doubt at all you will come out in a better position than before... Patience always prevails over frustration, and rewards will be the end product!

Best to you, and Yours,

Bob

Bob & Sam- thank you for the wishes!  Yeah, it's been an up-n-down type of spring/summer for everything (build, job, home, everything).  But I'm still staying positive and focusing on things to settle and return back to normal, although in a better position than before.  :)

Did not get structures installed yesterday- was cleaning and making travel arrangements (prices weren't too bad considering it's only a week's notice).  

But I'll be checking in this week, so perhaps not too much building going on.  (Plus, if things turn out well on Friday, it'll be wham-bam load up a truck, list the house, and then hit the road!)

Have a great Labor Day weekend!!  :)

Happy belated birthday.   Great news on the interview.  <fingers and toes crossed>

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Rich, great news on the interview and a happy belated birthday to you as well!

Thanks,

Patrick

YouTube Channel for fun: Patrick's Scale Studio

Finished: Model Shipways US Brig Niagara

Current: I Love Kit USS Curtis Wilbur DDG-54

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday"

- John Wayne

While preparing and packing for my flight tomorrow and the interview on Friday, I thought I'd share a few pics of where I am:  Deck structures installed (capstan is just placed on deck, and I still need to finish painting the top).

post-1342-0-22147300-1378318156_thumb.jpg

post-1342-0-09939900-1378318174_thumb.jpg

post-1342-0-62293000-1378318210_thumb.jpg

post-1342-0-29448800-1378318232_thumb.jpg

post-1342-0-37524900-1378318252_thumb.jpg

post-1342-0-76518500-1378318272_thumb.jpg

Depending on how the interview goes, there may not be any work done for the next month or so, which would actually be a good thing!!   ;)

Thanks for the support- you guys ROCK!!!!   :)   :cheers:

WOW! What a difference the deck fixtures make. She looks absolutely grand and almost ready for battle. Your ship is something to be proud of. Have a safe flight and good luck with the interview. Everyone on MSW will be hoping for a successful outcome.

Regards,

Larry

Current Build

US Brig Niagara

Completed Builds

Future Builds

HM Cutter Cheerful

Hey Rich, your Niagara is looking great! I hope this interview goes well for you.

Thanks,

Patrick

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday"

- John Wayne

Ship looks great.  Good time to take a break and keep her in your mind's eye.

Bon Voyage ----- and BEST OF LUCK with the interview.

Augie

Previous Builds :

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Hey- I'm back!  Trip and interview went really well- now just gotta wait and see (said it could take up to a month for me to start if they make an offer)...  Also checked out the area- gorgeous scenery and nice, friendly people!  :)  Only negative thing was that I just happened to be using the restroom in a convenience store (right after the interview thankfully) as it was being robbed by two guys with guns!!!  (did NOT want to pop my head out, but luckily no one got hurt!)  So cops, detectives, statements, and being on the other side of the crime scene tape was a bit weird- felt like I was in a CSI episode (and my hotel was right next door too~)...  But other than that, the interview and everything was great!!!  :)

Now back to your usual programming, and I'll try to get some building done here and there.  :)

Thanks for the well-wishes!  I felt everyone's positive vibes~~  :)

Thank goodness nothing happened in that convenience store. Glad your back and can get on with your build.  :D  I hope you get your offer soon.

Thanks,

Patrick

- John Wayne

Welcome back! Glad to hear no one was hurt. You never know when something like this will take place. Many years ago I walked into my home and found three guys robbing me blind. Fingers still crossed...

Regards,

Larry

Current Build

US Brig Niagara

Completed Builds

Future Builds

HM Cutter Cheerful

Hahaha....sounds like my old hometown.

Keeping fingers crossed here.

Augie

Previous Builds :

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Great to hear about the interview.   I think we're all going to be keeping our fingers crossed for you.post-76-0-60794700-1378679593.gif

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Lol- thanks guys!  Yeah, the robbery thing was a bit freaky (just heard the commotion while doing my business- tried to be verrrry quiet in case one of the thugs busted the door open and caught me off-guard!).  But so far I've had some good feedback from the interview- they're now passing my info along to their customer (again) to present me as a good candidate.  :)  The people there are great, and the area is perfect!  :)

They did say that I could start work in about a month after/if I receive an offer, which is at least something to aim for.  I'm basically ready to go- I could start anywhere in about a week (just waiting on offer and then gotta find an apartment).  ;)

So just going through some stuff here and maybe poke around the build a bit...  :)

I agree Sam- support on here has been phenomenal!  Yeah, caught with my pants down and no gun!  Apparently these two crackheads pulled off a few robberies like this in the area lately...  If this happened in Texas, it'd be a whole different outcome!!  ;)

But, so far I'm getting good feedback from the company- they're still pushing forward and trying to get their govt customer's approval.  So if things keep going as well as they have been, it looks like something definite in a few weeks!  :)  I definitely feel good about this one, so staying super positive and proactive with all the details.  :)

Anyway, gotta contact all my schools to get transcripts, etc...  maybe I'll push a few parts around in the shop later.  ;)

1)  Yeah, caught with my pants down and no gun!  

2)   If this happened in Texas, it'd be a whole different outcome!!   ;)

Rich,

1) There is a joke there some where I am sure!!  :)

2) Yes! "Dont Mess With Texas!" 

As much as I want to see updates, I am kind of hopeing there wont be any for a bit since that will mean you got the job!

sam

Current Build Constructo Enterprise

Nice work on securing the carronades Rich, that is a unique addition.

Cheers, Harley

Cheers, Harley<p 

Under Construction:       USS Curtis Wilbur DDG-54 1/200 by ILoveKit

Completed:                     F-35A 1/48 by Tamiya

USS Atlanta CL-51 1/350 by Very Fire 

Liberty Ship John W. Brown 1/350 by Trumpeter

HMS Spiraea K-08 1/350 

USS Arizona BB-39 1/200 by Trumpeter/Mk1 Design

HMS Sir Gareth 1/350 by Starling Models

USS Missouri BB-63 1945 1/350 by Joy-Yard, 9/11/21

USS Indianapolis CA-35 1945 1/350 by Trumpeter

USS Kidd DD-661, 1945, 1/350, on The Sullivans kit by Trumpeter

USS Alaska CB-1, 1/350, Hobby Boss, Circa 2/1945

Brig Syren 1/64 Model Shipways, Wood

Started,On Hold:     Frigate Confederacy 1/64 Model Shipways, Wood

So you didn't have a carronade in your briefcase?  That would have blown them away. :pirate41:

;)

Joe

PS- I know, it's hard to get them on an airplane.

Edited by mainstay

Joseph Osborne

Pennsylvania, USA

Current Build: US Brig Niagara Model Shipways 1:64

Previous Builds: Scientific Sea Witch 1:76 Solid hull

Revell USS Constitution (plastic)

Monogram: Yacht America (plastic)

Lol- thanks for the laughs!!!  

Sam- I didn't even catch the potential inuendo there- lol~~ And it IS true- you do NOT mess with Texas!!  Everyone's packing heat, cops don't mess around, and despite it's being in the South, we don't put up with BS.  ;)

Joe- yeah, I only had two carry-on pieces of luggage, so it was either I pack my suit or a 12-pounder, which I doubt would have made it through the x-ray.  ;)

Course, now that I think of it, if the situation had escalated, I could have thrown 40's and bags of Doritos at them.  ;)  

Btw, the first officer to arrive on scene with her tazer drawn was rather attractive (like in CSI).  And I'm being very modest here.    But don't tell the Admiral!  ;)

Anyway, gotta keep looking for temp housing just in case.  So far they're still hooked!  :)  I didn't get to go in the shop yesterday since I had to get groceries and grill some burgers.  Tonight we might make some pulled-pork bbq.  :)