Nail Nailers

I'm not new to building model  tanks, planes, but new to tall wooden ships.  I have ordeedr several books and ready-mades to see what I can do.  So far I'm tied up reparing and upating the models sent to me.  I' would like to know if there is a nail nailer that takes more than just one size hobby nail.head.

Check

http://www.modelexpo-online.com

and search for "nailer"

I have found that grabbing the nail with some tweezers and driving it with a small hammer is more accurate for me.

Edited by Ulises Victoria

There aren't but two options: do it FAST, or do it RIGHT.

Current Project Build Log: Soleil Royal in 1/72. Kit by Artesania Latina.

Last finished projectsRoyal Ship Vasa 1628; French Vessel Royal Louis 1780. 1/90 Scale by Mamoli. 120 Cannons

Future projects already in my stash: Panart: San Felipe 1/75; OcCre: Santísima Trinidad 1/90;

Wish List: 1/64 Amati Victory, HMS Enterprise in 1/48 by CAF models.

So much to build, so little time!

Amati makes one that has an add-on tube available for small nails.

They also have some very fine nails available.

You will still need to predrill at least part way, and also give it a final tap with a hammer to set it.

So far, I am liking this device

(Obtained the nailer and fine nails (pins) from Cornwall Model Boats.  Shipping is very reasonable for small packets.)

• 8 months later...

I have tried to get Dremel to make a miniture SawsAll !

Sadly, no one makes one of those.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Hi Nirvana, as Brian says your's looks a good profiler.  I also have made good use of one; it is metal but is a little "stiff" and takes a bit of mucking around pushing individual needles to get the best contour.  Your's appears to have a tensioning knob on the ends?  If it does, where did you get it please?

cheers

Pat

If at first you do not suceed, try, and then try again!
Current build: HMCSS Victoria (Scratch)

Next build: HMAS Vampire (3D printed resin, scratch 1:350)

Built:          Battle Station (Scratch) and HM Bark Endeavour 1768 (kit 1:64)

Sam,

I've seen something like at Lowe's now that I've seen the picture....   <grabs credit card><runs out door>  Back in a bit!!!!!!

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

The smallest one that Lowe's has is too big for what we do.  Ok..maybe not if you're doing 1:36 or 1:24. :)   It was in the same section as their Dremel tools.

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds: