Hi

Cornwall model boats have a set for the Victory.

http://www.cornwallmodelboats.co.uk/acatalog/admiralty_paint_sets.html

http://www.cornwallmodelboats.co.uk/acatalog/admiralty_paints_water.html

This is also the compleat list.

Regards Antony.

Best advice ever given to me."If you don't know ..Just ask.

Completed Mayflower

Completed Fun build Tail boat Tailboat

Completed Build Chinese Junk Chinese Pirate Junk

Completed scratch built Korean Turtle ship 1/32 Turtle ship

Completed Santa Lucia Sicilian Cargo Boat 1/30 scale Santa Lucia

On hold. Bounty Occre 1/45

Completed HMS Victory by DeAgostini modelspace. DeAgostini Victory Cross Section

Completed H.M.S. Victory X section by Coral. HMS Victory cross section

Completed The Black Pearl fun build Black Queen

Completed A large scale Victory cross section 1/36 Victory Cross Section

Do a  quick search here on MSW:  keywords:  Victory Color  or Victory Colors.   There's a couple of topic in this forum that address the color as well as the kit forum and the research areas.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

• 3 months later...

I too am desperate for help with the colour scheme as most of the other Victory makers won't share. I've got a list of colours on the box if you want it. Heller 1/100. Just PM me

Ongoing builds,

SCutty Sark Revell 1/350 (Mini Nannie)

Cutty Sark Airfix 1/130 (Big Sis)

Will (Everard) Billings 1/65 but with wooden bottom, because I can

I thought the HMS Victory website had a page for modelers including a paint list.     Hmm.... I'm not finding it....

And there is this:  http://www.model-space.com/gb/paint-set-hms-victory.html   I don't know how correct it is.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Model Expo has/had a set.  If the set isn't available, the paint numbers may still be good.

http://www.modelexpo-online.com/product.asp?ITEMNO=SM23MS

I have seen the current yellow color compared to cheddar cheese, but as with cheeses, paint colors of that time might change according to what source was used for the pigment as there is variation in the minerals ground up to make the paint color.

The official website calls it 'mustard'.

Recent work suggests the yellow may have been paler than the current.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/mar/17/conservationists-discovered-colours-admiral-nelson-flgaship