HMS Agamemnon by Kusawa2000 (Mike Draper) - Caldercraft - Slightly modified version

2 hours ago, Chuck said:

Boy that looks huge.  Its looking really great.   

Chuck: Thanks! Actually when I starting making the paper templates for the sails I was a bit surprised how big the sails were. I actually double checked my measurements to make sure. I suspect if anyone wanted to full rig the Winchelsea with sails she would leave quite a impression as well! 

I will be posting some pics as soon as I can get some sails rigged on her. Im stoked.. its been a long time getting to this point

MIKE

• 4 weeks later...

Everyone: Its been a while since I have posted progress shots...mainly because I have been working on the launches which has been maddingly slow work and I have also been waiting for my sails to be made by my good friend Wendy. Well, the sails have arrived and Im keen to get started on the final stage of rigging my Agamemnon. Its been a very long haul but its great to now be ready to start the final chapter. I will keep everyone posted as they get rigged to the Agamemnon.

Enjoy

MIKE

IMG_4475.JPG

IMG_4478.JPG

• 1 month later...

Everyone: Its been a while but I finally have a sail on the ole Agamemnon. Its been a lot of trial and error but I have the lower fore course. Still have a lot of fiddling to do but I want to get the rest of the sails on the foremast rigged before I start trimming lines. In any case, its a good feeling to finally have made some progress

first sail.jpg

Everyone: Just a quick update pic. Got most of the rigging done on the lower fore course either than leech lines and clew lines. Plan to get the sails up first for the foremast before I get the leech and clew lines done. And Im holding off tying all the lines down permanent I get all the rigging done. I find each sail has its own personality and in turn affects other sails so until all the rigging is done I keep my options open 🙂

More pics to come soon! 

Mike Draper

20210309_213250.jpg

Everyone: Managed to get the foretop sail on last night. There is still a lot of rigging to be added but its roughly in the place where I want it. Its good to finally see some progress at my end. Getting the sails in the place where you want them and trimmed right is a painful exercise with tweezers and a visor.. and now Im working up the mast, its more standing than sitting. 

More pics to follow! 

Mike Draper

20210315_010300.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, rshousha said:

Can't believe there are two of these in Whitehorse! This must be the highest density of Agamemnon models in the world! Well done!

Gord (the other Agememnon builder) have met up and talked "shop" and had a good giggle over the fact we were building the same ship...

Mike Draper

• 1 month later...
20 minutes ago, rshousha said:

You are doing an amazing job with this model! It will be quite a piece when it's finished. Well done, and thank you for sharing this work. 

Rick: And thanks for the post! I have to admit there are some days I wonder what I was thinking when I decided to put sails on the Agamemnon but it does add a whole different dynamic to the ship. 

Thanks again

Mike Draper