Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack by Piet - FINISHED - Midwest Products - length 15"

The primer coat looks good. With the cutwater on it is really starting to take shape.

Russ

She's looking better all the time Piet! Good call on eliminating those cotter pins. Makes you wonder what exactly is on the minds of those who put these kits together. :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

Cheers  :cheers:

GEORGE

MgrHa7Z.gif

Don't be bound by the limits of what you already know, be unlimited by what you are willing to learn.

Member of the Nautical Research Guild

Looks great Piet, I am thinking that I may have to build one, your boat is very inspiring

Best Regards,

Pete

"may your sails be full of wind and the sun on your back"

Current Builds :

Future Builds :

N.G Herreshoff 12 1/2 Scratch Build 3/4" = 1' - 0" Scale

Completed Builds :

Volvo 65 Farr Yacht Design

Herreshoff Alerion

Herreshoff Buzzards Bay 14

Volvo Open 70

Member : 

The Herreshoff Registry                                  Montgomery Sailboat Owners Group       Peter Kunst Sailboat Models 
http://www.herreshoffregistry.org/                       http://www.msog.org/                      http://www.facebook.com/Peter-Kunst-Sailboat-Models-1524464774524480/ 

First of all let me thank everyone for checking in and clicking the like button, It's really very much appreciated.

@ Russ: thank you.  The primer showed several spots that needed some work but I figured that already.  

@ George:  Thank you too.  Well, I assume that in using split-pins is for the easy way out for the novice builder.  But the caveat is when the gaff is already 1/8 inch in diameter and the split-pin is slightly larger then what do you suppose the novice is to do?  Bend over and punt?  There is plenty of miniature hardware available so why not stock up in bulk and include that in the kits.

It's a good thing I know how to make that small stuff myself and it really doesn't take that much time.  Yes, I had to modify my own needle nose pliers for doing these very small parts but for a certificated machinist and tool and die maker that was no problem.

@ Remco: Thank you.  Yeah, well, I really went overbard a little but just couldn't resist to "improve" on it a little.  Hexnut and Dee Dee batched their kits too and it sounded like the thing to do.  In retrospect I should have just planked this thing with regular planking instead of using that crummy balsa.  But, as I mentioned in my first logs, I wanted to experience what a novice would be facing.

@ Omega:  Hey, welcome to my humble boat works, there is plenty of place and grab a box to sit on and pour yourself a cup of coffee.

@ Pete:  Thank you Pete.  Yeah, they are one of my favorite designs.  I really like the Friendship sloops.  If I were you build one from scratch and in a larger scale, you cam then really go hog-wild with details.

To update all y'all - I spend a fair amount of time in sanding the primer on the hull, or I should say off the hull.  It really showed several places with bumps and valleys.  But after a few hours of work I called it passible.  

I only needed to use a little filler in a few spots but after the really last light coat of primer had dried I could put the actual finish coat of white paint on it.

As I used to do when painting aircraft I only sprayed the final white coat where it's needed, overlapping to just below the water line.  I'll paint it red below the waterline, I think that'll look okay with the green trim.

I used a satin white enamel from Testors in a small rattle can.  When I showed it to Gwen, the Admiral, and told her the plan to paint it red below the waterline she thinks that a red bottom will be too overwhelming for this little boat and suggests to keep the hull white, offset with the green trim. 

The green for the trim will be what I used on the O19 sub model,Rustoleum in a rattle can.

So, tomorrow I'll spray the entire hull satin white.

I changed my mind with the main boom attaching hardware.  I am using a long eye bolt to go through the mast and have another eye bolt hooked into it that's cemented into the boom end.  The eye bolt through the mast will be secured with a nut on the forward side.  So I had to make a new longer eye bolt and a nut.  Now I still need to make two washers, one for between the eye and mast and the other for between the mast and he nut.  This way the boom can swivel and move up and down and can be removed for maintenance.  I'll make a few pics tomorrow to show.  

I tried to stain the mast, boom, gaff and bowsprit with maple but for some reason the stain isn't penetrating into the wood.  It looks rather anemic right now.  May have to spring for a new can of stain.

I already noticed it when staining the hatches and other parts.  Hmmm, I hope I can remove the stain.  I'll use MEK and see what it does.

I also started to "rig" the pulley blocks using the kit's suggestions.  They make you use thin brass wire to go around the block and attach whatever hardware to it by twisting the wire.  I found this rather difficult to do and make it look acceptable.  Again, this is not an easy job for a novice model builder and could easily result in frustration.  I'm mostly thinking of young people who like to start in the ship / boat modeling.  To me then, I would recommend using black "rope" or thread instead.  It's a lot easier to handle and strop around the blocks.

Oh well, I'll continue with it but instead of using AC to secure the brass wire as the kit instructions do, I soldered the ends, which is a lot neater and more secure.

Okay, that's all for tonight and cheers to all,

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

Last Friday I painted the entire hull mat white, on de suggestion of my dear bride Gwen.  It does look very nice and I can always change my mind down the road and paint her red below the water line.

I also tried working with the stain some more but it just wont penetrate into the wood.  I washed it down and scrubbed it with MEK trying to remove the oily stain.  At this point I'm reluctant to try it again with fresh stain from the store or just go ahead and paint everything white as the kit have you do it.  It's a real disappointment to me because stained wood for the mast, boom, bowsprit and gaff would really make the model stand out.

I can also go to plan B and remake all this woodwork and try it again with some fresh stain.  It's not that much more work and the end result wil be a nicer looking model.  Something to think about.

I remade the boom swivel hardware.  I made two washers and the nut that'll bolt it to the mast.  I see on the photos that I need to do some more work on all three.  The nut needs to be more defined with six sides and the washers can be made rounder.

Something to do while I'm thinking about going to plan B for the mast and etc.  Well, I can also make an anchor yet.

Well, here are a few pics of the hardware I made yesterday.

post-1399-0-63732500-1420945851_thumb.jpg

This shows just part of all the hardware I made.  Instead of running standing rigging wire through holes in the mast, boom, gaff and bowsprit I made small eye bolts that I'll cement into these parts.  I can then run the rigging wire through them and simulate turnbuckles.  I just can't bring myself to run either a brass wire or thread through these parts and tie it off there.  A few of these small eye bolts are on the right of the picture.  The remade boom attaching assembly is on the top with the two washers and one nut.  The nut is on the right of the 2 washers as they are fitted on the sloop.  Then two of the seven blocks that I rigged per the kit plans except that I soldered the ends of the brass wire instead of cementing it with CA.  

post-1399-0-26155600-1420945871_thumb.jpg

This shows the two washers and one nut. As you can see they do need a little more work.  Hey, it's not easy holding these small buggers between my thumb and index finger and then file them  ;)

Cheers,

Edited by Piet

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

VOC Ship Surabaya

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Hi Piet.  There's some pretty tiny parts there. Almost need a microscope. ^_^ That problem you have with the stain penetrating,---have you tried wiping the parts down with mineral spirits and staining with oil-based stain? Oil-base always seems to work better for me. 

Edited by GLakie

GEORGE

MgrHa7Z.gif

Don't be bound by the limits of what you already know, be unlimited by what you are willing to learn.

Piet,

Your MBLS is coming along very nicely. 

The boom / mast connection as described by the Midwest plan is 'fiction'.  In real life, it appears the boom was connected to the mast with a yoke, the same as the gaff.  Below is a photo from my build log showing the yoke on the boom and gaff.  Also, the boom was held down by a rope that ran between an eye bolt on the bottom side of the boom and a eye bolt that was added to the mast, about 12" below the boom.

Dee Dee

post-206-0-06108300-1420949699_thumb.jpg

Current Build

- Glad Tidings -MS  

Completed Builds

- Dragon - Corel - One design International Class Yacht

- Sloup Coquillier / Shell Fish Sloop - Corel - Based on 'Bergere de Domremy / Shepherdess from Domremy

- Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack - Scratch build based on drawings from Chapelle's book "American Small Sailing Craft" 

On the Shelf

- Gretel-Mamoli     - Emma C. Berry-MS    - Chesapeake Bay Pilot Boat, Semi-scratch 

Find yourself hoping you never reach your destination

Hey Piet! I second Remco's comments about the nut and washers. Are you totally insane!!! You've taken the basic kit and turned it into a "Piet-Masterpiece" as only you can do.

With all the love and attention that you're pouring into it, it would be difficult to part with it. However, there're few causes more worthy than the Wounded Warriors project. I take my hat off to you! It's definitely going to be a worthy prize to cherish. Be sure to inscribe your details somewhere in the ship for future generations to uncover.

Seriously well done.

Cheers

Patrick

Thanks to all who visited and clicked the like button, I do really appreciate it.

Hi George, thank you, and yes, them parts are tiny but manageable.  Yes, I use an oil based stain and prepped the wood beforehand.  I did buy a small can of fresh stain, light oak this time, and I have the same results.  I tried it also on a piece of the same wood from the kit with the same results.  I now figure that i's the wood.  This surprised me actually because usually kit makers do't give you good hardwood.  I have a few dowels from other projects and they take the stain just fine.  

I may have to revert to plan B after all or paint these parts.

Hello Dee_Dee, thank you  and also for your input.  That makes perfect sense as you describe it.  My guess is that the kit maker wanted to keep it simple for the novice builder with no concern for accuracy.  All I did was modify their fictitious system to a little better one.  Hey, I'm an aircraft guy and didn't spend the time doing the research you have done.  That's so great about this organization, many knowledgeable helpful hands.

Well, it's actually a simple change for me and forget the hardware I made for my mod. I'll put them in the same pill container where I have put other small parts.  One never knows when I'll use tem  ;)

Hoi Remco, yup, I'm nuts and yes, I have lost a few marbles already on the way to my highly advanced age  :P  ;)  I figured that if Omega Patric can make miniature models I'll give it also a try.

Hey Omega Patric, good to see you here and thank you for your kind words.  Actually, I use 2.5 X reading glasses and than the optivisor over it.  That way they look large enough to work with.  It's just a matter of holding them.  They are at the limit of holding between thumb and index finger.  I started to file skin off my fingers and have to use pliers now.

But with Dee_Dee's info I'll do it as he has described it, much simpler and authentic to boot  :)

Yes, I'll make a scroll with some writing and stow it inside the fish bins  :)

Today we have had some rain and the temps shot up to 80F (26 C) so it was a good time to put fertilizer on the lawn.  Then I did some grocery shopping, I'm hunkering for Thai food and bought some ingredients. Problem though that they didn't have lemon grass.  I want to make "gai sai takrai" or lemongrass chicken with "pad phak ruam mitr" or stir fried vegetables served with steamed white rice.  Yummo stuff.  The lady at the store told me next Tuesday for the lemon grass, I need a lot!

The rest of the morning I spend futs'n with the stain problem.  I don't know yet how that's going to work out but there is always plan B  ;)   I did make two blankets for the bunks though, they can now be installed.  Oh yeah, I still need to make a lantern for inside the cabin  :o  Shows you how nuts I am ;)   Sorry George, no wet bar - - - yet.  And oh yeah, an anchor.

Hey, I'm having fun and hope that whomever winds up with this model enjoys looking at it.

Cheers,  

VOC Ship Surabaya

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

If you can find out which species that wood is Piet, I'd be interested because after prepping and staining, even oak, one of the hardest woods will take oil stain. For sure an anomaly.  :o

GEORGE

MgrHa7Z.gif

Hi George and thanks for your interests in my problem.  I have no clue on what kind of wood it is, it's hard though and sands to a very nice smooth surface.  

Yup, I have refinished my share of furniture, some antiques and never encountered a problem with oil based stains.  This morning I cut the proverbial knot and went for plan B :o  No more wasting my time and getting aggravated with it, life is too short, especially at my age  ;)

See next post  :)  :)

Cheers,

VOC Ship Surabaya

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Well, as mentioned to George I decided this morning to cut to the chase and go to plan B and make a new mast, boom, gaff and bowsprit.  It "only" took 3 hours to make all 4 pieces, not including drilling the pilot holes for the hardware, that I did after lunch.

For the mast, I had a dowel very close to the right size and cut an extended pice that I chucked in my drill press.  I sanded a nice taper to it and then cut it to the proper length.

I also had a smaller dowel that was close to the gaff size and only had to sand it down with 300 grit sandpaper.  These dowels have been in the garage for several years and have not warped a bit.  My guess is that they won't warp in the future.

For the boom and bowsprit I used pieces of white pine molding.  It too was as straight as an arrow.  Those two pieces took a little longer to shape round but I was satisfied with the results.

I added the forked jaw to the boom as Dee_Dee suggested, also from white pine, might as well match the wood.  I did the same with the gaff.

Next came drilling all the pilot holes for the hardware and hope that the eye bolt for the boom end is low enough to allow the boom to swing.  If not I'll have to drill a hole from the front side due to access problems.

I also drilled a hole through the Samson Post uprights and the bowsprit for the securing bolt that holds the bowsprit in the Samson Post.  It appears that my washers and nut can still be utilized  :)   I now have to make a hex-had bolt to match the nut  ;)

Late this afternoon before closing down, I managed putting the stain on all four pieces.  I used white oak this time.  It turned out quite nice, light colored to match the bright paints I used.  Hey, I'm a happy camper  :)  :)  :dancetl6:

Just a few more little pieces to add to the hull before I can put the mast and bowsprit in, such as the two fairleads at the bow, the trail boards and the centerboard.  The last one won't be cemented on till I have made the mounting / display board.  I still need to paint the trim, coamings, cabin roof and touch-ups.

Then it's the sails and rigging.

Here are a few pics of my efforts today.

post-1399-0-21176400-1421116994_thumb.jpg

Here you see that we have blankets on the bunks.  It was a tight fit getting the mattresses into the bunks so I hope they won't fall out,  I'll have to give it the shake test  ;)   This is what I mean by touch-ups!  Yup, lots of piddly detail work.

post-1399-0-49297000-1421117025_thumb.jpg

Cross wise view of te Plan B woodwork.  This is in the unstained condition with the hardware installed as a trial.  The hardware will be cemented in after I am finished with the staining process. It still needs a coat of poly.  You can see the forked end of the boom with an eye bolt in place.  Thanks again Dee_Dee! :)

post-1399-0-69314800-1421117038_thumb.jpg

post-1399-0-05717400-1421117049_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

VOC Ship Surabaya

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

They turned out great Piet! I'm glad Plan B worked out. Always believed in redundancy. Having more than one plan is always good.  B)

Cheers  :dancetl6:

GEORGE

MgrHa7Z.gif

great progress Piet from when I last looked in  :)    again.....you amaze me with your brass work!   love the way you assembled your blocks!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

oh.......I also laughed at Midwest's idea to use cotter pins as well  :D   have you found any other use for them,  other than to hold a wheel on?

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Hello George, yeah, I'm happy with them and now that they are stained in the white oak they look even better  :D  :D

Hi Popeye, Yup, she's coming along okay, albeit a little slow but thay's what you get when you bash a kit and run into snags.  Thanks for the kudos on the metal work, I love working with metal.

My guess is that in making a kit for novices they figured in using simple things.

Hoi Remco, yeah, the four pieces of woodwork turned out okay.  In all fairness though that if you don't bash the daylights out of a kit and just follow te instructions a novice builder may not run into some of these - - - uhmmm - - - snags  ;)   There are a few really very nice looking basic kits and I take my hat off to the builders.

I just couldn't resist it but to change thins uhmmm - - - a little ;) 

Cheers, 

VOC Ship Surabaya

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

This morning I started out cementing all the eye bolts, pulley blocks and cleats to the new woodwork.  

Then I masked around the cabin roof so I can paint it.  After the paint had dried enough I removed the masking paper.  Hmmm, I should have waited with the painting till after I was done fiddling around that area,  And in the course of removing the cabin doors to replace the hinges with something better looking I made a divot in the fresh paint.  Needles to say I now have to mask it all off again and respray the roof.

Yeah, I was not happy with the way the door hinges looked and decided to make new ones, most likely from metal.  They are rather simple to make and look more authentic.

I then looked at how the kit wants you to make the two cleats on the toe rails at the bow.  They are supposed to be made from wood and I guess, with a little effort you can make a decent looking cleat.  However, I thought - - - why not make them from metal  B)   Soooooh - - I drew up a sketch and cut some pieces out of brass sheet stock.  Lacking a milling machine or any other fancy tooling I made them out of three pieces.  two that are bent into a cleat shape and a flat base.  I then soldered them all together and filed them into presentable cleats.  Yeah, it's all hand filing, no machining except for drilling the bolt holes. 

All I need to do now is drill the bold holes in the base and fashion a few bolts.  Actually, they'll be CA cemented to the toe rails and the "bolts" are for show.  I think I'll leave them bare in polished brass.

I'm now ready to paint the trim, I thimk  ;)  Oh yeah, fabricating door hinges first  :rolleyes:

I didn't take any more pics of the stained woodwork, you've seen them once and they haven't changed much.  Here are a few pics of the two hardware pieces I slaved over.

post-1399-0-97313400-1421201941_thumb.jpg

I made a bolt and a new nut to bolt the bowsprit to the Samson Post.  I could utilize the two washers I made previously.  The bolt shank is made from 0.8 mm brass rod and the head and nut from 0.8 mm brass sheet.  The head and nut will take a 2 mm wrench  ;)   I actually made two nuts but one served as the head, which I soldered to the  brass rod.  I also "cut threads" in the shank for the nut.  Sorry, I just get a cick out of doing this kinda stuff, forgive me for having a little fun

post-1399-0-81681400-1421201916_thumb.jpg

This shows the cleats I made as described above.  The brass is 0.8 mm thick but I filed a good portion away to make them thinner and less bulky.  They are just temporarily laid on top of the toe rails.  I still need to drill the bolt holes and polish them before I can cement them onto the toe rails. 

Cheers, 

VOC Ship Surabaya

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Nice brass work.  That is the kind of detail that really sets off a boat.

Bob

Every build is a learning experience.

Current build:  SS_ Mariefred

Completed builds:  US Coast Guard Pequot   Friendship-sloop,  Schooner Lettie-G.-Howard,   Spray,   Grand-Banks-dory

a gaff rigged yawl,  HOGA (YT-146),  Int'l Dragon Class II,   Two Edwardian Launches 

In the Gallery:   Catboat,   International-Dragon-Class,   Spray

Thank you all for dropping in and your like votes.  It's your presence that keeps me motivated.

Hi George, thank you and yes, I can't wait either for the bowsprit to go on and the rest of the woodwork.

Hello Captain Bob, thank you too my friend.  Actually, it was easier to make the cleats from brass rather then from wood.  

I could only do a few minutes work on the sloop today, had other things to do.  I drilled the mounting holes in the cleats and then polished them up, they look rather acceptable.

Hoi Remco, yup, that's me a wild, sick and crazy guy :rolleyes:  ;)  Hey, you can't have a bolt without threads.  I should have been more careful with putting the nut on straight.  Now I looks like it's cross-threaded  ;)  

I did start to gather material for the cabin door hinges.  That'll be my next job and then painting the trim and touching up other spots.

Okay, that's all for now and 

Cheers,

VOC Ship Surabaya

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Hi  Piet. Just catching up with your build here. Looking very good! Great detail. Making blankets on the bunk beds is a nice touch & those cleats are some great metal work!

Current build: Syren : Kit- Model Shipways

Side project: HMS Bounty - Revel -(plastic)

On hold: Pre-owned, unfinished Mayflower (wood)

Past builds: Scottish Maid - AL- 1:50, USS North Carolina Battleship -1/350  (plastic),   Andromede - Dikar (wood),   Yatch Atlantic - 14" (wood),   Pirate Ship - 1:72 (plastic),   Custom built wood Brig from scratch - ?(3/4" =1'),   4 small scratch builds (wood),   Vietnamese fishing boat (wood)   & a Ship in a bottle

I drilled the mounting holes in the cleats and then polished them up, they look rather acceptable.

Cheers,

I find it interesting?  We look at our own work and say "acceptable" while everyone else says, "WOW!" 

Bob

Every build is a learning experience.

Current build:  SS_ Mariefred

Completed builds:  US Coast Guard Pequot   Friendship-sloop,  Schooner Lettie-G.-Howard,   Spray,   Grand-Banks-dory

a gaff rigged yawl,  HOGA (YT-146),  Int'l Dragon Class II,   Two Edwardian Launches 

In the Gallery:   Catboat,   International-Dragon-Class,   Spray

Thanks everybody for your comments and likes!

I was going to cook two more disges today but decided to postpone that task till tomorrow.  So I spend some time in the shipyard and "bolted" the cleats to the toe rail.  After that was done I masked for painting the wales, toe rails and coamings.

I though I had a jar of Testor's green paint but alas, it turned into jell. So, I had to jump into my chariot and drive to the craft store 5 miles down the road.

I used a brush to paint these small items and it really spruced this little boat up quite nice.  There is still some touching up to do but over all I'm quite happy with it.  For the detailing tough-ups I'll have to use a very fine round tipped brush and may have to thin the paint a little.

Hi Dave and thank you for your kind words. You know Dave, when i decided to build a small boat from a kit that was on sale (for the WW program), I planned to just put it together according to the kit's instructions.  However, one thing led to another and first i bashed the kit a little, then it kinda got out of hand  ;)   But I'm not complaining mind you, I'm having a blast.

Hey Jesse, yeah, i saw all your likes and figured you visited my shipyard, thanks.  Blankets, well why not.  If you build bunks inside the cabin you gotta have a matras and blankets, it gets chilly on the water :rolleyes: .  I'm like Nils, comfortable with metal and besides that, they look better then the wooden ones they want you to make in the kit.

Hello Bob, yeah, I guess it's because we always think that it could have been better.  Actually I had to re-bend two of the cleat parts because I was not happy with them.  This is not an exception with me, you should see my metal and wood scrap pile  :o  All of us want to satisfy ourselves and when the end result is finally acceptable that'll make our day, right?

Thanks for your kind words, it's appreciated.

Cheers,

VOC Ship Surabaya

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Very nice work Piet, she looks great

Best Regards,

Pete

"may your sails be full of wind and the sun on your back"

Current Builds :

Future Builds :

N.G Herreshoff 12 1/2 Scratch Build 3/4" = 1' - 0" Scale

Completed Builds :

Volvo 65 Farr Yacht Design

Herreshoff Alerion

Herreshoff Buzzards Bay 14

Volvo Open 70

Member : 

The Herreshoff Registry                                  Montgomery Sailboat Owners Group       Peter Kunst Sailboat Models 
http://www.herreshoffregistry.org/                       http://www.msog.org/                      http://www.facebook.com/Peter-Kunst-Sailboat-Models-1524464774524480/