HMS Bellona by harlequin - FINISHED - Corel

And BTW where did you get that handy little thing. I've got a Unimat but too short to do much.

Dwight

current build : Fair America by Model Shipways

Completed Build : 18th Century Armed Longboat by Model Shipways Armed Virginia Sloop by Model Shipways

Under the bench : Syren by Model Shipways ,, Rattlesnake by Model Shipways

3 hours ago, Dwight said:

And BTW where did you get that handy little thing. I've got a Unimat but too short to do much.

it is a minicraft lathe attachment....not made anymore but can be picked up on ebay…...the two rods are not long enough in the kit so i bought some stainless steel rods to extend the range of the lathe.  

Nice work Harlequin! Good to see her coming together

hamilton

current builds: Corel HMS Bellona (1780)

previous builds: MS Phantom (scuttled, 2017); MS Sultana (1767); Corel Brittany Sloop (scuttled, 2022); MS Kate Cory; MS Armed Virginia Sloop (in need of a refit); Corel Flattie; Mamoli Gretel; Amati Bluenose (1921) (scuttled, 2023); AL San Francisco (destroyed by land krakens [i.e., cats]); Corel Toulonnaise (1823); 
MS Glad Tidings (1937) (in need of a refit)HMS Blandford (1719) from Corel HMS GreyhoundFair Rosamund (1832) from OcCre Dos Amigos (missing in action); Amati Hannah (ship in a bottle); Mamoli America (1851)Bluenose fishing schooner (1921) (scratch)

under the bench: Admiralty Echo cross-section; MS Emma C Barry; MS USS Constitution; MS Flying Fish; Corel Berlin; a wood supplier Colonial Schooner Hannah; Victory Models H.M.S. Fly; CAF Models HMS Granado; MS USS Confederacy

lovely work, and a great looking ship, yes times goes by quite quick doesn't it 6 years on yours 7 on mine

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi Harlequin, 

I'm building Bellona and am following your work with interest. I took a decision to stray from the instructions and sort of start from the inside out. To complete everything on the main deck with both poop & quarter deck in place seemed illogical to me. So now I'm just finishing off the quarter deck pillars and belaying rack so here's question.. As far as I can see the instructions & plans call for a single hole to be drilled in both fore and aft post for future rigging but your photo seems to show 2 in forward port & Starboard post (I can't quite make out your aft posts). Am I missing something or is this your innovation & does it apply to all bits calling for double rigging?

All the best Gan

IMG_20200327_152215.jpg

IMG_20200331_144334.jpg

Just thought I’d let you know of an error in the placing of the pillars near the binnacle and under the poop deck for anyone doing corels Bellona. The first pic is where I had them originally and the second pic is the correct positioning with one single pillar in front of the binnacle and the other two further under the poop deck.

8839FA1F-2C15-4EBB-9B61-AD73C60F3FAB.jpeg

CFF8C77A-6A71-4F44-943F-29AF60569350.jpeg

well... corels cast collars for the dead eyes mounted on the masts are useless(first pic)….they just keep snapping ….so my solution is a piece of black rope secured around the dead eye with just enough rope to poke through the mast and a brass eyelet poked through the opposite direction and glued in place. The eyelets will be blackened.....job sorted....just need 32 of them. Corels fittings are sometimes so bad they are not worth including in the kit. 

IMG_1307.JPG

IMG_1308.JPG

IMG_1309.JPG

IMG_1310.JPG

She's looking great Harlequin! Impressive work

hamilton

current builds: Corel HMS Bellona (1780)

previous builds: MS Phantom (scuttled, 2017); MS Sultana (1767); Corel Brittany Sloop (scuttled, 2022); MS Kate Cory; MS Armed Virginia Sloop (in need of a refit); Corel Flattie; Mamoli Gretel; Amati Bluenose (1921) (scuttled, 2023); AL San Francisco (destroyed by land krakens [i.e., cats]); Corel Toulonnaise (1823); 
MS Glad Tidings (1937) (in need of a refit)HMS Blandford (1719) from Corel HMS GreyhoundFair Rosamund (1832) from OcCre Dos Amigos (missing in action); Amati Hannah (ship in a bottle); Mamoli America (1851)Bluenose fishing schooner (1921) (scratch)

under the bench: Admiralty Echo cross-section; MS Emma C Barry; MS USS Constitution; MS Flying Fish; Corel Berlin; a wood supplier Colonial Schooner Hannah; Victory Models H.M.S. Fly; CAF Models HMS Granado; MS USS Confederacy