Thanks for all comments, so it seems the best way will be using of only decent weathering like B version.

Don-it is printed by sublimation print so it is printed only on one side , on reverse side the color is a little lighter, I will try to do some photos today to compare front and back side.

Ed-it is just the problem that the standard method is unusable because sublimation print is possible only for artificial material like polyester which is not soaked. After I print the flag I lacquer it so it could be able to cut it by scissors. The weathering is made then by thermal press (longer time in the press cause bigger effect of weathering)

Best regards

Daniel

Of course Nigel, it will be no problem ;)

To the Don's question-below is picture with the front side and back side after different time of sublimation in thermal press. It seems to be very similar color to the front side after the 8minutes. There is only one little problem, with increasing of time the small details (like skripts on these flags) are little more smudged. 

On the second picture is shown the flag after cutting from the sheet.

Best regards

Daniel

post-16720-0-48481700-1460627126_thumb.jpg

post-16720-0-14570600-1460627138_thumb.jpg

Edited by Daniel Dusek

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All,

let me inform you about new products. I add into my assortment new Easy kits of WWII warships in 1/1200 scale. There are the kits for someone who want to relax from bigger projects ;). The models are very easy and fast to build.

Please visit our webpages for more info:

http://dusekshipkits.com/yamato
http://dusekshipkits.com/uss-missouri
http://dusekshipkits.com/bismarck
http://dusekshipkits.com/hms-hood
http://dusekshipkits.com/hms-prince-of-wales
http://dusekshipkits.com/hms-rodney

Best regards

Daniel Dusek

post-16720-0-27250400-1462260285_thumb.jpg

post-16720-0-09110400-1462260307_thumb.jpg

post-16720-0-81750200-1462260320_thumb.jpg

post-16720-0-90137600-1462260330_thumb.jpg

post-16720-0-45995400-1462260342_thumb.jpg

post-16720-0-30089300-1462260353_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello all,

I made some progress on Santisima Trinidad. First of all I need to thank to Pablo from Spain (in this forum known as Anaga) who is my consultant during designing of the kit and who give me a lot of important information about the Santisima Trinidad. After consultation with Pablo I decide that the kit will offer two options for building the stern gallery-one is shown in the photo of prototype model and one is shown in render from 3D CAD.

The kit will contain gun carriage and full gun barrels in all four gun decks (36pdr guns are shown in the photos).

Best regards

Daniel

post-16720-0-65114900-1466433104_thumb.jpg

post-16720-0-31113600-1466433116_thumb.jpg

post-16720-0-05029200-1466433127_thumb.jpg

post-16720-0-27278300-1466433164_thumb.jpg

post-16720-0-57910900-1466433178_thumb.jpg

post-16720-0-22881300-1466433190_thumb.jpg

post-16720-0-38174700-1466433201_thumb.jpg

post-16720-0-97328400-1466433812_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hello All,

After longet time I can present some progress. I made some progress on Santisima Trinidad copper sheathing. I use copper tape and 3D printed stamp which is pressed into the tape. I suppose that the kit will also contain just that stamp made from resin-one for starboard and one port side.

Best regards

Daniel

post-16720-0-67536700-1470926807_thumb.jpg

post-16720-0-19223500-1470926830_thumb.jpg

post-16720-0-69034900-1470927012_thumb.jpg

post-16720-0-54466300-1470927034_thumb.jpg

post-16720-0-66069600-1470927049_thumb.jpg

Looks great, Daniel.   You might think about offering that stamp as an "accessory" or "tool".  I realize it won't work for every model but it might be the thing for those working at that scale.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Hoi Daniel...

Anja told me that I have to take a look at your ST.

She knows that I want to build one, so here I'am......

All I can say is wowie !!!!!

That's a beauty !

I told Anja that I want to do one more kit build before I go to the dark side.

I was waiting ( just like Ulises ) for the Victory from Chris Watton but I think that will take a long time before she is on the market.

But my hart goes to the ST.

I looked at the one from OcCre, but for me, there are to many iron parts in it.

When I replace that for wood then the kit cost me a lot more.

So I will wait patiently for your ST when she is on the market.

Then I have already a question....

Is there an English (or maybe a Dutch.... :P ) manual??????

Sjors

Edited by Sjors

Daniel,

just a suggestion for new ideas, but how about providing laser cut templates for a set of frames for different ships. You don't need to supply the entire kit, just the frame templates. 

A lot of people would be interested in stepping up from plank on bulkhead models if they had a reliable set of laser cut templates of the frames needed for a full framed hull.

nice stamp tool Daniel,

how many patterns can approximately be produced with one resin tool pad ?

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50

Michael looks great but he has to look that gloomy ?????  :P

And if I can vote i wil vote for a Dutch manual  ;)  ;)

To be honest, looking at the birth of the ST is all ready a pleasure to see.

What it is gonna be when I can build her ?????

Sjors

Hi all,

Don-I am a little delay with the Statenyacht due to re-releasing of Mamoli kits. Now I am finishing instructions and plans. I hope it could be ready at the end of September, but I will release the kit later together with some bigger Mamoli kits because I will let to print boxes together. But for someone wwho do not need the kit in nice box I will be able to sell the kit in some white box sooner.

Overdale-unfortunately in near future I will be too busy (finishing of statenyacht, releasing of mamoli , Santisima Trinidad and etc.) so Iwill be no able to do this in near future.

Nils-I made whole hull copper sheathing with the one stamp without some degradation, I used soft wood (lime wood) as counterpart so the resin part was not damaged.

Sjors-Yes it is was ship so the Michael cannot be too laughing :), Unfortunately the dutch manual will be not available propably because translation is quite expensive and I do not except that the kit will be some big bestseller. Releasing time is not known yet but I suppose that finishing of the prototype can take 1 year and another year can take preparation of instructions and plans.

Daniel

Hi all,

Don-I am a little delay with the Statenyacht due to re-releasing of Mamoli kits. Now I am finishing instructions and plans. I hope it could be ready at the end of September, but I will release the kit later together with some bigger Mamoli kits because I will let to print boxes together. But for someone wwho do not need the kit in nice box I will be able to sell the kit in some white box sooner.

Overdale-unfortunately in near future I will be too busy (finishing of statenyacht, releasing of mamoli , Santisima Trinidad and etc.) so Iwill be no able to do this in near future.

Nils-I made whole hull copper sheathing with the one stamp without some degradation, I used soft wood (lime wood) as counterpart so the resin part was not damaged.

Sjors-Yes it is was ship so the Michael cannot be too laughing :), Unfortunately the dutch manual will be not available propably because translation is quite expensive and I do not except that the kit will be some big bestseller. Releasing time is not known yet but I suppose that finishing of the prototype can take 1 year and another year can take preparation of instructions and plans.

Daniel

Daniel,

standing time of stamp tool.....

very, very good result !!

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50