Emma C Berry by trippwj - Model Shipways - Scale 1:32

Congrats on the new job Wayne! And nice to see a little progress on your lovely Emma.

Hey, planks is planks!  Best of luck with the new job, Wayne.  

Augie

Current Build: US Frigate Confederacy - MS 1:64

Previous Builds :

US Brig Syren (MS) - 2013 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Greek Tug Ulises (OcCre) - 2009 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Victory Cross Section (Corel) - 1988

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Cutty Sark (Revell 1:96) - 1956

Glad to see you back in the ship yard.

Bob

Every build is a learning experience.

Current build:  SS_ Mariefred

Completed builds:  US Coast Guard Pequot   Friendship-sloop,  Schooner Lettie-G.-Howard,   Spray,   Grand-Banks-dory

a gaff rigged yawl,  HOGA (YT-146),  Int'l Dragon Class II,   Two Edwardian Launches 

In the Gallery:   Catboat,   International-Dragon-Class,   Spray

nice to see you back Wayne.... good luck on your new job!!  :cheers:

frank

completed build: Delta River Co. Riverboat     HMAT SUPPLY

USRC "ALERT"

in progress: Red Dragon  (Chinese junk)

good news all the way around ............very happy for you  :)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

• 3 weeks later...

Congrats on the new work!

And planks is planks - each one is one less to be done later!!

-Adam

Current Builds

Santa Maria - Artesania Latina (1:65) POB

MayFlower - Model Shipways (5/32"=1') POB
Blue Shadow - Mamoli Revolutionary War Brigantine. (Fict) (1:64) POB (Recommissioned as the Kara June)

On The Shelf Waiting so Patiently

USRC Ranger - Corel (1:50) POB

18th Century Longboat - Model Shipways (1:4) POF

La Nina - Artesania Latina (1:65) POB

U.S Brig Syren - Model Shipways (1:64) POB

Completed Builds

Phantom NY Pilot Boat - Model Shipways (1:96) Solid Hull

Decommissioned Builds
(Time and conditions were not good to these. They have been cancelled =( )

Willie L Bennett - Model Shipways (1:32) POF
USRC Harriet Lane - Model Shipways (1:128) Solid Hull

• 1 month later...

Hi Wayne

Just checking in on your great build and looking for an up date but alas it looks like I am just a bit to early, will check back again in a few days, ENJOY.

Regards

Greetings, Lawrence, and thanks for stopping by! Currently I am packing up the shipyard again getting ready for another move. Close on the house the end on the month (great Halloween treat!). This time, just moving down the street into a house with plenty of room for us, the grand kids, and a shipyard. Hope to start building again mis-December.

Wayne

Neither should a ship rely on one small anchor, nor should life rest on a single hope.
Epictetus

Hi Wayne,

I see that you are moving to that castle what you show me a year ago ??????? ;)

We has also bin moved to another town but not to a castle !

I'll will talk to you when you are back online....

Sjors

• 3 weeks later...

Well, we close on the new house tomorrow.  Then the moving and some remodelling (mostly paint and such) begins!

View from the street

post-18-0-18053200-1447276693_thumb.jpg

Site plan - only the house and the garage remain, the others have been torn down.

post-18-0-45522300-1447276691_thumb.jpg

The new ship yard will be located in the right bay of the garage (for now, at least!)

post-18-0-28224100-1447276692_thumb.jpg

Wayne

Neither should a ship rely on one small anchor, nor should life rest on a single hope.
Epictetus

Good luck with the move.  No room for the shipyard in the attic/loft?  Looks nice!

CONGRATS !!!!!

Augie

Current Build: US Frigate Confederacy - MS 1:64

Previous Builds :

US Brig Syren (MS) - 2013 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Greek Tug Ulises (OcCre) - 2009 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Victory Cross Section (Corel) - 1988

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Cutty Sark (Revell 1:96) - 1956

Good luck with the move. No room for the shipyard in the attic/loft? Looks nice!

CONGRATS !!!!!

Thannks, Augie. The 3 boys have claimed the 3rd floor for their "man cave", so I have negotiated 1/2 of the garage from the Admiral inn exchange for a new stove and refrigerator. Wonder what I'd get if I sweetened the pot with more yarn......

Wayne

Epictetus

All kinds of suggestions but in the garage you can get away from it all, just hope the garage is heated.

Bob

Every build is a learning experience.

Current build:  SS_ Mariefred

Completed builds:  US Coast Guard Pequot   Friendship-sloop,  Schooner Lettie-G.-Howard,   Spray,   Grand-Banks-dory

a gaff rigged yawl,  HOGA (YT-146),  Int'l Dragon Class II,   Two Edwardian Launches 

In the Gallery:   Catboat,   International-Dragon-Class,   Spray

Congratulation on the new house Wayne. Best of Luck.  How about a new washer & dryer for half the basement? 

Hmmm...I think that would be a net loss, Sal - it is an old, unfinished, low ceiling dirt floor basement (brick foundation circa 1900).

All kinds of suggestions but in the garage you can get away from it all, just hope the garage is heated.

Bob

The garage is, indeed, heated - and with about half of it available for the shop, should be plenty of room!  Just means I still need to clean snow off the pickup this winter.

Wayne

Epictetus

Don't loose your way - or for that matter your models ... - looks rather spacious, Wayne ... but a pain to paint the top ... wish you strength when moving!! A bit far to lend a hand though

Carl

"Desperate affairs require desperate measures." Lord Nelson
Search and you might find a log ...

Hi Wayne,

Good luck with the move mate, I wish you plenty of patience and a strong back.

As far as man caves are concerned especially with young boys involved, I'm afraid to say the basement sounds about right, a blank page for them to do up as they please, give them a good project to get up to during the long winter months.

Unless your happy to use the garage of course, I mean the loft is quite high and must have a lot of steps to get there.   :piratetongueor4:   :piratetongueor4:  :piratetongueor4:  :D

Remain stress' less my friend 

Be Good

mobbsie

mobbsie
All mistakes are deliberate ( me )

Current Build:- HMS Schooner Pickle

Completed Builds :-   Panart 1/16 Armed Launch / Pinnace ( Completed ),  Granado Cross Section 1/48

Harwich Bawley, Restoration,  Thames Barge Edme, Repair / Restoration,  Will Everard 1/67 Billings 

HMS Agamemnon 1781 - 1/64 Caldercraft KitHM Brig Badger,  HM Bomb Vessel Granado,
Thames Steam Launch Louise,  Thames Barge Edme,  Viking Dragon Boat

Next Build :-  

• 2 weeks later...

nice place  ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

• 3 months later...

Well, now, I guess it's time for some updating!

The workshop is now re-floored and operating.  The ECB is on the table and have added the garboard strake and the next strake above.  Moving along very slowly, but progress is occurring!

Since the weather was so nice, I took her down to the shore for some pictures in her "natural habitat".

post-18-0-45927100-1456766869_thumb.jpg

Starboard side - this is the side that will be partly planked (the port side will be fully planked). 

post-18-0-21875500-1456766628_thumb.jpg

Bow view

post-18-0-09379700-1456766621_thumb.jpg

post-18-0-51820100-1456766613_thumb.jpg

Stern view

post-18-0-19466600-1456766606_thumb.jpg

View from above.

post-18-0-48956900-1456766678_thumb.jpg

Edited by trippwj

Wayne

Epictetus

Hi Wayne, she's taking shape, nicely done. Good to see you back in the yards. I was in your area in July but forgot you lived up there. We stayed in Lubec for 2 weeks and came to Eastport a few times during our stay. Bought Lobster's off the boats and I ate them until I turned red...lol. Sorry to have missed you, we spent over a month in north eastern Maine and loved it.

John

John

Current Current Builds:

US Brig Niagara on my website

FINISHED BUILD LOGS:

New Bedford Whaleboat - page on my Morgan Website:  http://www.charleswmorganmodel.com/whaleboat-build-log-by-john-fleming.html

C.W. Morgan - Model Shipways 1:64 http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/1785-cw-morgan-by-texxn5-johnf-ms-164-kit/

USS Constitution - Revell 1:96 http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/1796-uss-constitution-by-texxn5-johnf-revell-196-kit/

website US Brig Niagara Model http://www.niagaramodel.com

website Charles W Morgan Model http://www.charleswmorganmodel.com

website PROXXON DISCOUNT TOOL STORE http://proxxontoolsdiscount.com

Nice to see you back modelling again.......she's starting to shape up nicely Wayne...

Frank

completed build: Delta River Co. Riverboat     HMAT SUPPLY

USRC "ALERT"

in progress: Red Dragon  (Chinese junk)

Hi Wayne,

Good to know the yard is all shipshape and that your making good use of it mate.

E.C.B is looking sharp and the lines are forming nicely.

Be Good

mobbsie

mobbsie
All mistakes are deliberate ( me )

Current Build:- HMS Schooner Pickle

Completed Builds :-   Panart 1/16 Armed Launch / Pinnace ( Completed ),  Granado Cross Section 1/48

Harwich Bawley, Restoration,  Thames Barge Edme, Repair / Restoration,  Will Everard 1/67 Billings 

HMS Agamemnon 1781 - 1/64 Caldercraft KitHM Brig Badger,  HM Bomb Vessel Granado,
Thames Steam Launch Louise,  Thames Barge Edme,  Viking Dragon Boat

Next Build :-  

hey there!!.....welcome back  :)   good to see your back at the table.........very nice to see Emma again  :wub:

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

• 4 months later...

Gracious - has it really been nearly 5 months since my last update???

Hull planking continues, albeit slowly.  I have never planked a hull before, and am taking great care to ensure I don't make too big a mess of this!

I have no pictures at present, for which i apologize.  I hope to share the progress (perhaps by next weekend) if I can get one side completed.  Will keep you posted!

Wayne

Epictetus

Ah, just five months ;) You take a picture when finished, Wayne? ... some 'in between' shots would do splendid too!

Cheers

OK, Carl - just for you!

Please ignore the rough finish and obvious gaps...plenty of sanding and (gulp) filling to be done!

The workshop has come together nicely - adding several outlets and LED ligthing has made a huge difference!

post-18-0-06792800-1468797328_thumb.jpg

Overall view of Emma

post-18-0-47918000-1468797329_thumb.jpg

post-18-0-65730000-1468797331_thumb.jpg

Starboard side - this one will remain partially planked.

post-18-0-57645000-1468797330_thumb.jpg

Port side - this one will be fully planked.  My challenge right now (for both sides) is to achieve a balanced planking while addressing the difference in space at the extremities from the mid-ship section.  Learning to work with proportional dividers and taper planks.

post-18-0-73243100-1468797332_thumb.jpg

Wayne

Epictetus