trippwj

Emma C. Berry by trippwj - Model Shipways - Scale 1:32

Not much of an update, but have not been totally slacking!

The deck beams have all been installed, as well as the covering board.  With additional helpers here, we have done some preliminary work on the building slip (the 2 young ones, 8 & 10, think it is fun to be able to spread glue and sprinkle cleaned beach sand for the base).

post-18-0-57924500-1433100992_thumb.jpg

Next step is to start planking the hull (and adding details to the building slip).

Hi Wayne

It's nice to see that you are back in your old ship yard, Great job you are doing on your Emma , can hardly wait to see just what surprises you have in store for us,                                            ENJOY.

Regards   Lawrence

After several months of distractions (well, 6 weeks with the grand kids doing stuff, including working on Cricket's Pilot Boat Elsa (formerly Phantom), then starting work (2 weeks in Bangor for training, a week of driving 50 miles each morning and afternoon for training at another office, then a week of open to close training locally) I finally got a bit of ambition today to place a couple of planks on the ECB.  Not much to show, but at least the first 2 strakes are lining up well port and starboard.

Till the next time -

post-18-0-45636700-1440362113_thumb.jpg

post-18-0-31229900-1440362116_thumb.jpg

Hi Wayne,

Any progress is good mate, it's all lining up very nicely.

Excellent news regarding the job, I had every faith in you, congrats.

Be Good

Mobbsie

Hi Wayne

Congratulations on finding a new job and that this is some thing that you really enjoy working at, wishing you the best. It is very nice to see that you are slowly returning to a bit of work in the Old Ship Yard and will be looking forward to your next updates.   ENJOY.

Regards   Lawrence

Hi Wayne

Just checking in on your great build and looking for an up date but alas it looks like I am just a bit to early, will check back again in a few days,                                                          ENJOY.

Regards 

Hi Wayne

Just checking in on your great build and looking for an up date but alas it looks like I am just a bit to early, will check back again in a few days, ENJOY.

Regards

Greetings, Lawrence, and thanks for stopping by! Currently I am packing up the shipyard again getting ready for another move. Close on the house the end on the month (great Halloween treat!). This time, just moving down the street into a house with plenty of room for us, the grand kids, and a shipyard. Hope to start building again mis-December.

Hi Wayne,

I see that you are moving to that castle what you show me a year ago ??????? ;)

We has also bin moved to another town but not to a castle !

I'll will talk to you when you are back online....

Sjors

Well, we close on the new house tomorrow.  Then the moving and some remodelling (mostly paint and such) begins!

View from the street

post-18-0-18053200-1447276693_thumb.jpg

Site plan - only the house and the garage remain, the others have been torn down.

post-18-0-45522300-1447276691_thumb.jpg

The new ship yard will be located in the right bay of the garage (for now, at least!)

post-18-0-28224100-1447276692_thumb.jpg

Good luck with the move. No room for the shipyard in the attic/loft? Looks nice!

CONGRATS !!!!!

Thannks, Augie. The 3 boys have claimed the 3rd floor for their "man cave", so I have negotiated 1/2 of the garage from the Admiral inn exchange for a new stove and refrigerator. Wonder what I'd get if I sweetened the pot with more yarn......

Congratulation on the new house Wayne. Best of Luck.  How about a new washer & dryer for half the basement? 

Hmmm...I think that would be a net loss, Sal - it is an old, unfinished, low ceiling dirt floor basement (brick foundation circa 1900).

All kinds of suggestions but in the garage you can get away from it all, just hope the garage is heated.

Bob

The garage is, indeed, heated - and with about half of it available for the shop, should be plenty of room!  Just means I still need to clean snow off the pickup this winter.

Don't loose your way - or for that matter your models ... - looks rather spacious, Wayne ... but a pain to paint the top ... wish you strength when moving!! A bit far to lend a hand though

Hi Wayne,

Good luck with the move mate, I wish you plenty of patience and a strong back.

As far as man caves are concerned especially with young boys involved, I'm afraid to say the basement sounds about right, a blank page for them to do up as they please, give them a good project to get up to during the long winter months.

Unless your happy to use the garage of course, I mean the loft is quite high and must have a lot of steps to get there.   :piratetongueor4:   :piratetongueor4:  :piratetongueor4:  :D

Remain stress' less my friend 

Be Good

mobbsie

Hi Wayne

Congratulations on your new home and also on the building of your new ship yard, It sure looks like you will have all the room that you need and even a bit more. Will be looking for your next update before Christmas  I hope.                                                     ENJOY.

Regards   Lawrence