Gothenborg by Popeye the sailor - Billing Boats - 1:100 scale

Glad you've got her all up to date Popeye.  I know we've been down this deadeye road already.  Model Expo does have the 3.5 mm in stock in walnut as of today. 

Augie

Current Build: US Frigate Confederacy - MS 1:64

Previous Builds :

US Brig Syren (MS) - 2013 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Greek Tug Ulises (OcCre) - 2009 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Victory Cross Section (Corel) - 1988

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Cutty Sark (Revell 1:96) - 1956

I used to write a lot of poetry at one time Wayne..........when I ws doing the Susan A build,  I wrote a really good one for her:

http://reginajagtdrydock.wordpress.com/2012/02/24/the-susan-a-a-regina-build-part-29/

I also used to do short stories......thanks for looking in and the good word!

yepper Patrick.......I hope to get to her soon.......thanks a lot! ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

yepper........I've already looked....that's where I'm getting them from.   I need to paint them black,  so it doesn't matter what they're made of, and at this point.........I don't care.   want to hear something really stupid.......after I had canceled the order with those people,  the admiral was looking at our bank statement online.......there was a charge from them  for $3.99.   she asked me about it........and all I could think of was that they shipped out the grating I had ordered {I ordered one of them to see what they looked like}.   I had told them when I first talked to them,  that since they did not have the 20 pack of dead eyes,  I would buy the bulk pack {150 of them}.   they didn't even send them.   I'm not cross that they did that........it ticks me off that they didn't send the dead eyes too.   anyway,  I got the grating.......I like the way it looks,  so I might order a few more to have on hand,  when I order the dead eyes.   I hope to get them within the next week or so....I need to talk the budget director into letting me get them though.........that might be a hard sell,  after my last purchase spree....I spent a little too much.   thanks for the good word, I'll keep you informed  :)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

Nice build on the Gothenborg, Popeye.  A lot different than the M&M and the Lobster twins.

Bob

Every build is a learning experience.

Current build:  SS_ Mariefred

Completed builds:  US Coast Guard Pequot   Friendship-sloop,  Schooner Lettie-G.-Howard,   Spray,   Grand-Banks-dory

a gaff rigged yawl,  HOGA (YT-146),  Int'l Dragon Class II,   Two Edwardian Launches 

In the Gallery:   Catboat,   International-Dragon-Class,   Spray

thanks Bob......the Goth is my first sailing ship........I'm a bit out of my expertise.   I'll get back to her soon.

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Time to change your avatar.... dr-seuss-238x300.jpg

In all reality though, the ship looks great and the poetry had me nearly folded over laughing. The two together were fantastic. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Sarah

Current Build:

Krabbenkutter CUX-87

Harriet Lane

Fishcutter GO-38

In the Wings:

Corel Victory Cross section

Completed Build:

USS Missouri minimissouri.jpgHMS Bounty's Jolly Boat thumbnail.jpg Peterboro Canoe tiny.jpg

thanks sarah.......I started to write the last bit,  and that just came to mind.  I used to keep a pad in my pocket when I was younger.   I'm glad you liked it  :)    as George Carlin once said:   "takes all week to come up with a monolog........and ten minutes to use it up.

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

thanks Daniel........I think the dance floor was a one-time deal........but I still kept the left over tiles :)   exactly!  I pride myself on my humorous side.   there's so much more good in the world,  if more folks smile.  as in these sites,  I look at the builds,  but I like to get to know the modeler as well.....friendships are built that way.  to know someone,  one finds critiques to be more of an honest nature....I don't critique to be hurtful.......I merely suggest.   there is a really cool vibe in this site......I love being here.  when it went down,  I was truely at a loss.....I'm glad the site is recovering as well as it is ;)   I'm my own worst critic anyway.........thank my lucky stars,  I have the admiral I do. 

she keeps my perspective for me.  but yes.......humor in a site is a good thing.  any new person comming in here sees all this and can feel at ease becomming a member..........sayas a lot for a happy ship  :)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

thanks Anja.....yepper.....feels good to have them all back up!  now to get'em finished ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

popeye,

It is looking good, great detail and a novice shipbuilder like myself really appreciates the photos, I am able to learn a lot from them. Thank you. Keep up the good work, for what it's worth, I think it looks great.

thanks Joshukr........all I can teach you is how to get somewhere with a build,  using just razor blades and an x-actor knife....LOL!  I can show you how to use your imagination as well.   if you come away with more than that......then I'm a happy guy!   glad to have you looking in.....and I do hope you enjoy what you see

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

I shouldn't mention this.......I don't want to jinx it,  but there is light at the end of the tunnel.  the admiral  has her original computer,  that had gone on the fritz.  she got another computer.....one of those rent to own deals.   she decided to see if she could get it up and running again and found that it needed a part.  we had to look around,  but we were able to locate the part......of course I said to just get it,  nice guy that I am.   got it home .......I installed it......and the computer seems as good as new.   she is so happy that she {after looking at the books}  may allow me to get the dead eyes I need!   keep your fingers crossed!  ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

I'm with you Popeye.......it always pays to keep the Base Commander happy :)

Augie

Current Build: US Frigate Confederacy - MS 1:64

Previous Builds :

US Brig Syren (MS) - 2013 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Greek Tug Ulises (OcCre) - 2009 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Victory Cross Section (Corel) - 1988

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Cutty Sark (Revell 1:96) - 1956

like I said......keep your fingers crossed.   right now,  I'm using a really crappy keyboard........I had to give up the keyboard I was using because it belonged to the other computer.  everything sticks on this one.....even the spacebar !  this morning I set the other computer up and did a total recovery on it.  now that it's back to factory specs,  it's going to go back to the store.  now I have to get another keyboard,  but I don't need anything special.  I'm sure I can find one cheap enough.......don't think it will be a factor.   .....but keep 'em crossed anyway! ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Is there no end to your talents Popeye, a lovely build on the Goth and poetry as well, you really spoil us.

She looking great my friend and thanks for the detailed update. Hope you get your deadeyes soon.

Mobbsie

mobbsie
All mistakes are deliberate ( me )

Current Build:- HMS Schooner Pickle

Completed Builds :-   Panart 1/16 Armed Launch / Pinnace ( Completed ),  Granado Cross Section 1/48

Harwich Bawley, Restoration,  Thames Barge Edme, Repair / Restoration,  Will Everard 1/67 Billings 

HMS Agamemnon 1781 - 1/64 Caldercraft KitHM Brig Badger,  HM Bomb Vessel Granado,
Thames Steam Launch Louise,  Thames Barge Edme,  Viking Dragon Boat

Next Build :-  

thanks Mobbsie and Anja.   I got my new keyboard......man,  what a difference!   as the wicked witch said:

"you have to approach these things slowly........or you'll break the spell"         it is looking like I might have a couple of builds out of the way,  by the time I get back to her.   I'll keep you imformed  :)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

just a short word,  to let you all know that they are on order, and I should see them within a few days.   I got the bulk pack  {150}.....I need at least 60 of them to do the upper shrouds.  I hope to get something going on this build soon.  thanks for following :)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

this was the result of not having the supplies and parts to carry on with builds......I wish I had the funds to get stuff at a whim.  my other pratfall was that I allowed the other build table,  to become a  'catch-all'  for clutter.   there are many time,  I've had an idea or two for this build,  but couldn't do anything,  because of the thought of clearing ar area for it.   my saving grace at this point,  is that I have a couple builds  {three if I really push},  that are close to completion.   I just got the shipping confirmation that the parts are on their way to me,  so now I'm going set a new plan into motion,  in preparation for their arrival.   I do apologize for the delay.....I know I said that it would never leave the table again....but the dead eye thing really thew a monkey wrench into the mix.  I don't want it to sound like I'm trying to make excuses......I more than anyone,  think that this build.....as small a scale as it is.......has gone on for too long.  I hope this to be a turning point for the Goth  ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Dont poke him, hit him with it.

mobbsie

mobbsie
All mistakes are deliberate ( me )

Current Build:- HMS Schooner Pickle

Completed Builds :-   Panart 1/16 Armed Launch / Pinnace ( Completed ),  Granado Cross Section 1/48

Harwich Bawley, Restoration,  Thames Barge Edme, Repair / Restoration,  Will Everard 1/67 Billings 

HMS Agamemnon 1781 - 1/64 Caldercraft KitHM Brig Badger,  HM Bomb Vessel Granado,
Thames Steam Launch Louise,  Thames Barge Edme,  Viking Dragon Boat

Next Build :-  

now......now boys!  ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock: