Gothenborg by Popeye the sailor - Billing Boats - 1:100 scale

oh.......I can just imagine what the neighbors would say Andy..........it probably would go down like Bill Crosby's comedy skit  "Noah"

"Whatcha build'in?"

"An Ark....."

"ah....ha."   "well,  you wanna move it out of my driveway.......I gotta get to work.  Whatcha build'in it for any way?"

{there's more here......I'll be brief...there are three parts to this skit}

"Well....let me ask you this........how long can you tread water.....ah......ha.....ha....ha....ha!"

.......a full size ship in my backyard......an...ha.......{I'm saving that area for when I do yous ship.....ah.....ha....ha....ha....ha! ;) }

do you work on the Gothenborg Bummer?

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

oh my goodness!..........so sorry,  I had no Idea.   I'm putting them to good use!  well, I'm glad you found the log......I'll be getting back to her shortly......I hope you'll follow along  :)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

• 1 month later...

just thought I'd show you something you won't see every day.......a clear table  :)

post-612-0-23774200-1369972118_thumb.jpg

the Goth will be filling the space soon.

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

"Well....let me ask you this........how long can you tread water.....ah......ha.....ha....ha....ha!"

One of my all time favorites, along with Cosby's "That Doggie in the window"

So how long do you think you can keep the bench clean.  We could do a bookie on this and take bets :P

Michael

Current builds  Bristol Pilot Cutter 1:8;      Skipjack 19 foot Launch 1:8;       Herreshoff Buzzards Bay 14 1:8

Other projects  Pilot Cutter 1:500 ;   Maria, 1:2  Now just a memory    

Future model Gill Smith Catboat Pauline 1:8

Finished projects  A Bassett Lowke steamship Albertic 1:100  

Anything you can imagine is possible, when you put your mind to it.

all bets are off gentlemen........the Goth is sitting in the middle as we speak.  I was looking her over last night,  planning the restart.

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

thanks for the enthusiasm Andy......I'm going to need all I can get.

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Mind if I sit in Popeye, I'll be very quite honest, unlike one who not only watches but want pics as well. :piratebo5:

Enjoy the journey my friend.

mobbsie

mobbsie
All mistakes are deliberate ( me )

Current Build:- HMS Schooner Pickle

Completed Builds :-   Panart 1/16 Armed Launch / Pinnace ( Completed ),  Granado Cross Section 1/48

Harwich Bawley, Restoration,  Thames Barge Edme, Repair / Restoration,  Will Everard 1/67 Billings 

HMS Agamemnon 1781 - 1/64 Caldercraft KitHM Brig Badger,  HM Bomb Vessel Granado,
Thames Steam Launch Louise,  Thames Barge Edme,  Viking Dragon Boat

Next Build :-  

Ready when you are.

Pop corn, soda, ju ju be's,  good seat, nice lighting.

On with the show!!

:dancetl6: :dancetl6: :dancetl6: :dancetl6: :dancetl6: :dancetl6: :dancetl6: :dancetl6:

(that's your opening act btw)

-Adam

Edited by SkerryAmp

-Adam

Current Builds

Santa Maria - Artesania Latina (1:65) POB

MayFlower - Model Shipways (5/32"=1') POB
Blue Shadow - Mamoli Revolutionary War Brigantine. (Fict) (1:64) POB (Recommissioned as the Kara June)

On The Shelf Waiting so Patiently

USRC Ranger - Corel (1:50) POB

18th Century Longboat - Model Shipways (1:4) POF

La Nina - Artesania Latina (1:65) POB

U.S Brig Syren - Model Shipways (1:64) POB

Completed Builds

Phantom NY Pilot Boat - Model Shipways (1:96) Solid Hull

Decommissioned Builds
(Time and conditions were not good to these. They have been cancelled =( )

Willie L Bennett - Model Shipways (1:32) POF
USRC Harriet Lane - Model Shipways (1:128) Solid Hull

Popeye,

post-76-0-08651900-1370024051.gif I think we all knew that bench wouldn't stay empty for long... I figured a matter of hours.. ;)

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

thanks everyone!   I'll try hard to get some sort of update up here.....even if it's a small one  ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Pictures! Pictures! Pictures! .....I mean take your time.....

.....getting an idea of what I was thinking when she was tabled........is a real pain,  although,  I did glue back on the balcony railing that got knocked off.  I have to go to work today,  but I did take a couple pictures.   I'll have them up this evening.........thanks for all the kind comments.....I really appreciate it.  ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

hopefully,  your still around Andy,  so you can see these.   they are not much....but I have taken the masts out from time to time,  to do a bit on them.   so, to recap.....I did get the dead eyes.

post-612-0-60079600-1370136226_thumb.jpg

post-612-0-20370700-1370136237_thumb.jpg

since I have all of these dead eyes now......I began to arrange them in the tops.

post-612-0-01431500-1370136350_thumb.jpg

post-612-0-11985900-1370136371_thumb.jpg

I'm still having to redrill all the holes for spacing........I have no idea where they got their measurements from.   I will need to take account of the double blocks........I did use a few for the AmericA build.   I do have a bunch of those triple blocks though.......they might look better for the lower yards.  if not,  I can modify them.

post-612-0-86089500-1370136918_thumb.jpg

the anchors are almost ready......a bit more shaping,  and then paint.

post-612-0-50079100-1370136931_thumb.jpg

the masts all in place.......just a dry fit...    and,  of course,  as I mentioned,  the broken railing has been replaced.

post-612-0-35626700-1370137017_thumb.jpg

I still need to do a bit more at the stern....moldings are sorely needed here.  I am thinking.....that's a good sign.  I'm going to remove that bit of bow rigging too.......it's badly done,  and it looks different in the pictures.   I won't get every line on her......but I will make her as busy as I can  ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Hey...it's been a while but you got the deadeyes!  Congrats.  Nothing can stop you now, Popeye.

Augie

Current Build: US Frigate Confederacy - MS 1:64

Previous Builds :

US Brig Syren (MS) - 2013 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Greek Tug Ulises (OcCre) - 2009 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Victory Cross Section (Corel) - 1988

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Cutty Sark (Revell 1:96) - 1956

Oooo... serious work going on there.  And very impressive.  We're not going to mention how close you are to doing ratlines. :rolleyes:

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

thanks Eric.......you can see what the plan diagram lacks.  there is no eye bolt there...I have to drill a couple holes  { I think I even have that picture}  :)

take the stocks off the anchors and flip them over......is that what you mean John?

yes Andy........I can't wait to start rigging........you folks are having so much fun.....I want to go crazy too!

thanks Mark....rigging soon .....Yepper!

thanks Sjors and Augie....The Goth is up and running! :)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Look'n good Dennis....... ditto Andy about the deadeyes

Frank

completed build: Delta River Co. Riverboat     HMAT SUPPLY

USRC "ALERT"

in progress: Red Dragon  (Chinese junk)

Looking good Popeye!!!

-Adam

-Adam

Current Builds

Santa Maria - Artesania Latina (1:65) POB

MayFlower - Model Shipways (5/32"=1') POB
Blue Shadow - Mamoli Revolutionary War Brigantine. (Fict) (1:64) POB (Recommissioned as the Kara June)

On The Shelf Waiting so Patiently

USRC Ranger - Corel (1:50) POB

18th Century Longboat - Model Shipways (1:4) POF

La Nina - Artesania Latina (1:65) POB

U.S Brig Syren - Model Shipways (1:64) POB

Completed Builds

Phantom NY Pilot Boat - Model Shipways (1:96) Solid Hull

Decommissioned Builds
(Time and conditions were not good to these. They have been cancelled =( )

Willie L Bennett - Model Shipways (1:32) POF
USRC Harriet Lane - Model Shipways (1:128) Solid Hull

I will fix that John.....the glue doesn't really hold good to this plastic...should be an easy fix  ;)

thanks again to every one that posted.........I didn't realize how closely this build was followed :)    I'm humbled!   one more day of work I have to endure.........then I'm hell bent for election!  I hope to have an update soon  ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock: