Maine Peapod by JesseLee - FINISHED - Midwest Products - 1:14 - Early 1900's

Decided to add one last detail. Wanted whoever ends up owning this to know what it is so I hand painted it on a strip of wood to go on the stand. It just about drove me crazy as I kept messing up & had to go back over it many times. Finally ended up looking like I wanted it to.

post-6826-0-03978500-1420040326_thumb.jpg

post-6826-0-86902100-1420040341_thumb.jpg

post-6826-0-73044800-1420040364_thumb.jpg

Current build: Syren : Kit- Model Shipways

Side project: HMS Bounty - Revel -(plastic)

On hold: Pre-owned, unfinished Mayflower (wood)

Past builds: Scottish Maid - AL- 1:50, USS North Carolina Battleship -1/350  (plastic),   Andromede - Dikar (wood),   Yatch Atlantic - 14" (wood),   Pirate Ship - 1:72 (plastic),   Custom built wood Brig from scratch - ?(3/4" =1'),   4 small scratch builds (wood),   Vietnamese fishing boat (wood)   & a Ship in a bottle

Sweet !!

CaptainSteve
Current Build:  HM Granado Bomb Vessel (Caldercraft)

My BathTub:    Queen Anne Barge (Syren Ship Models)       Log:  Queen Anne Barge (an build log)

Bounty Launch (Model Shipways)                 Log:  Bounty Launch by CaptainSteve
                        Apostol Felipe (OcCre)
                        HMS Victory (Constructo)
Check It Out:   The Kit-Basher's Guide to The Galaxy

• 6 years later...

I know this has been finished for several years and the thread is complete.  However, next on my list (probably get started on it in January) is this Midwest Model.  I want to say this was very informative and helpful.  I have a better sense of what to expect and traps to avoid.  

I do have a couple of questions that I will post around the time I get started...likely separate threads or as part of the build log.  As one of my goals while working on this model covers a more disciplined approach to my actions and activities.  I think keeping a build log will help.  

I guess we can see that even an 'old thread' can be useful.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Robert Chenoweth

Current Build: Maine Peapod; Midwest Models; 1/14 scale.

In the research department:

Nothing at this time.

Completed models (Links to galleries): 

Monitor and Merrimack; Metal Earth; 1:370 and 1:390 respectively.  (Link to Build Log.)

Shrimp Boat; Lindbergh; 1/60 scale (as commission for my brother - a tribute to a friend of his)

North Carolina Shad Boat; half hull lift; scratch built.  Scale: (I forgot).  Done at a class at the NC Maritime Museum.

Dinghy; Midwest Models; 1/12 scale

(Does LEGO Ship in a Bottle count?)