HALF MOON By Jerry - FINISHED - Corel Scale - 1:50

Hello Tom.

Thank you so much for stopping by and for your nice thoughts.  I browsed through your Constitution log and from what I could see,  I know you'll have absolutely no trouble with the Half Moon whenever you get to it.  Please remember that if you ever have a question I will be happy to respond.  Thanks again for the visit,

Best,

Jerry

Tom,

By the way, I just wanted to mention that your build log is exceptional; it is so detailed and photo provided.  I think it's one of the finest build logs i have seen.  

Also, please remember that my Half Moon is from a Corel kit and not Billings.

Jerry

Thanks so much, Jerry, but your build log is pretty terrific. I am glad you reminded me about the differences in kits. That could have been very confusing.

Hey Jer,

I'm at least hopin the Pens can make a series of it...but I ain't putting any money on it...lol

congrats to you Jerry...........sadly,  you and J left me in the dust :(     at least I can take solace in the fact that when I pick back up on the Half Moon,  I'll have plenty of completed logs to browse through.  you did a super fine job on her.....very glad to have followed your log!

Denis >Popeye<

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Hello Popeye...You are too kind.  The only reason you haven't finished your build is you spend a lot of time helping others on this web site.  No matter what the build you are there to offer help.  I'm sure that the other model builders feel just as I do.  Because of some health problems I felt that I would make the Half Moon my last build and concentrate teaching my admiral how to be invoved in model ship building.  I sad the same thing after building Victory.  So it looks like I'll be looking around for another challange and hopefully will keep contact with you and the other wonderful friends I have made here.  I hope you have a terrific weekend.

Best,

Jerry

Hello Lawrence..

Many thanks for your post and congratulations...I sincerely appreciate the thoughts from a good friend as you.  Building the Half Moon seemed to go quickly and I think having finished the Victory right before starting the Half Moon gave me the experience to expidite the HM build. It was real good to hear from David as I was a bit concerned having not heard from him for some time.  I'm happy that the weather has turned for you and that Bernie and you can enjoy it.  So, besides coaching my admiral I'm looking around for my next build. At this time I have not seen anything that interests me.  I certainly agree with you that MSW fosters some wonderful friendships, a fantastic benefit of being a member.  Keep up your good work on Annie; I'm enjoying watching your build of her.  Best,

Jerry

me thinks it is you that is too kind Jerry.   I didn't know you were having health issues.....I wish you the best.   I hope it isn't serious and your on the road to recovery.   yea.......teaching can be tough.......but I think when your admiral passes in her first  'test' ,  you'll be amazed with how much she's learned.  I try to keep tabs,  but don't always see........please let me know when you begin your next build.  the early birds get the good seats  ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

Hello Denis (Popeye)..

You are so right, the earlybird does get the best seat.  So i'm offering you a reserved seat...I think, but I'm not positive, that I might make Amati's Viking ship my next project. I'll know more in a day or two.  In the meanwhile I need to encourage my admiral to get back to work. Hope your weekend is going well.

Best,

Jerry

Edited by Jerry

going very well good sir.........I'm on vacation!  hee.....hee!   rub her shoulders.........no cracking the whip........you don't gets no supper that way  ;)

keep me informed!   I'm in!  ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

A Viking ship, huh. Have you been watching the show on History channel? It's got me thinking about wanting to build a Viking ship.

Hello Harmstronginga..

Sorry but I didn't get any message from you in my Victory log; at least I didn't see one.

According to the parts list, the kit comes with 2600 copper plates.  I hope this is helpful.

Best,

Jerry

Hello Tom,

Nope, I didn't see anything on the History Channel.  I'm waiting for the kit to arrive.  I decided to try and build it because I wanted to do somwething a little different.  The hull construction is single planked with laser cut panking which are not strips.  Interetsting, i think.

Best,

Jerry

• 2 weeks later...

Well, well, well....Brian tied the knot.  Congratulations man,  and the very best to you and the bride.  I hope you enjoyed your honeymoon and that you still have some energy left to build your ship models...

There is no glass case.  There may be a display case one of these days but it will be made of acrylic and not glass.  All the display cases that we have here in the house are acrylic and in one case, the Cutty Sark, has stood up very well for almost 18 years.  Here'a picture of it.post-545-0-31748000-1430932712_thumb.jpg

Brian, please remember that when you start your Half Moon I am always here to answer any questions you may have.  I'm sure J will feel the same way.  So get going man, enough procrastination.

Best,

Jerry

Edited by Jerry