Lifeboat for Warriors SaturnV's build log - Finished

Hi all!

Decided to help out Sawdust Dave with his venture and am challenging the rest of the MSW scratch builders in the U.S. to help out too. I have put the Triton model aside while I do these five little boats.

My recent progress over the weekend using materials on hand:

post-65-0-23083400-1418661845_thumb.jpg

post-65-0-93627500-1418661855_thumb.jpg

post-65-0-73912200-1418661862_thumb.jpg

Edited by SaturnV

OK Richard....now my biggest concern is that your lifeboats are going to make mine look bad.

What a great looking start. I'm completely lost for words.... and that's saying something in my case, as you may know.

Can't wait to see your finished fleet.

Edited by SawdustDave

Sawdust Dave -

Current build - USS Constitution 1:60th (scratch)....

Visit my blog site - All previous builds.... http://davesmodelships.blogspot.com

• 2 months later...

Hello all,

Life has really gotten in the way for the last 2-1/2 months but I have slowly been able to put some time in on these every once in a while. I am down to 4 little boats because I don't like how one of them is coming out so I put it aside.

I did notice over the weekend that I have done the stern incorrectly. I have it 90 degrees to the keel but it is to be slanted. I'll have to remove what I have done in that area, sand the stern at an angle then put on new parts. I did a test on boat 5 yesterday and it will work - just takes affort. Going to try and get back at it this week every day after work. I wanted to have these done by March 1st....

Richard