De Zeven Provinciën 1665 by Dražen - Scale 1:45

Hello Dražen,a very good beginning,nice work,and Russian modelmaker Narim Maygeldinov also working in model De Zeven Provincien but in Admiralty representation.A few weeks ago my ship model Friesland 1663 is finish,pictures is posted in gallery completed kit built ship models.Best regards...

Edited by Bruno Siljeg

... making wood to fill in the places between the bulkheads. I will have a more or less solid hull as a base for planking.

Dražen

Hello Dražen,

This is something I've never seen done before. But never mind ..... It looks great. Well done!

I'm looking forward to see more of this build.

Keep up the good work and take care,

Anja

Those we loved but lost are no longer where they were, but are always where we are.

In the gallery: Albatros 1840 - Constructo

Bruno,

what is the base for your model (Friesland) in the gallery – which plans did you use? Is it a scratch or a kit?

Can I (we) see the project Narim Maygeldinov is doing? I am curious also about his sources (plans, etc.)  since this is one of the
biggest issues in my build. How does he mean to do it in admirality – Dutch did not have so strict rules like e.g. English ships? But, maybe a Dutch ship model showing the construction underneath... could be interesting.

A great book about Dutch shipbuilding  (I also have it) is by Ab Hoving: "Nicolaes Witsen and Shipbuilding in the Dutch Golden Age"

Dražen

post-1930-0-27261500-1362526436_thumb.jpg

There are no boundaries...

… besides those we set for ourselves.

Anja,

really nice to have a woman following my build - great!

My method is historically not right, but gives a very solid base for ewerything what will be seen by eyes on the model - and this what will be seen will be historically right - at least I will try to do so.

There is a similar method (for me with some drawbacks) our Russian colleagues (Dr. Mike) are using. They also get a solid hull. if you do not show the inside of the ship, and I will not, this makes the life easier.

Dražen

Bruno,

what is the base for your model (Friesland) in the gallery – which plans did you use? Is it a scratch or a kit?

Can I (we) see the project Narim Maygeldinov is doing? I am curious also about his sources (plans, etc.)  since this is one of the

biggest issues in my build. How does he mean to do it in admirality – Dutch did not have so strict rules like e.g. English ships? But, maybe a Dutch ship model showing the construction underneath... could be interesting.

A great book about Dutch shipbuilding  (I also have it) is by Ab Hoving: "Nicolaes Witsen and Shipbuilding in the Dutch Golden Age"

Dražen

The book by Hoving is great, I have the Dutch version.

The drawings that come with it are also somewhere on the net (I lost the link, as it was in the old MSW)

The Friesland in the gallery is based either on the kit of mamoli, or at leat, those are the drawings used.

These drawings are loosely based on the drawings that come with the book of Winter (Dutch two decker of 1660), which are in turn based on the old (and now lost) model of a Dutch two-decker in the Berlin Stadschloss before the war.

Jan

Bruno,

Dražen

Hi Drazen!

You're doing a very good and interesting work, I'll have been following your steps.

The drawings attached to this book show a Pinnace (another amazing typical Dutch ship) but every single word in the text is useful for several Dutch ship of the XVII century.

Alex

If any of you cry at my funeral, I'll never speak to you again! (Stan Laurel)

For cutting wood I used the drill press as a circular saw.

Now I have the Proxxon FET and this is much (much!) better solution. Still I needed to change some things on Proxxon FET in order to improve the function.

Dražen

post-1930-0-27502300-1362609834.jpg