The only naval figures I am aware of close to that scale are a set of 1:96 scale civil war sailor figures put out by Cottage Industries. Obviously, you would have to resculpt the costumes to suit the Victory, but at that scale, it wouldn't be too difficult.

Mike

In progress: nothing
Completed:
Midwest Chesapeake Bay flattie
scratchbuilt Grand Banks dory

Young Modeler 1:100 turtle ship

This was the morning when father, mending one hole in the thermos-flask, made three

--Dylan Thomas

From an anatomical point of view the best available figures on the market are those by Preiser in Germany, though their nominal scale is 1/87 to suit the HO railway gauge. They have a few modern sailors, but nothing for the Napoleonic period. Converting suitably posed figures from one of their unpainted sets is not too difficult by carving and sculpting. They also have an unpainted 'anatomy' set, that can be dressed using sculpting putty.

Within the next few days I will be showing some examples here of Dutch fishermen, that I have created out of figures from one of their sets.

wefalck

wefalck

panta rhei - Everything is in flux

M-et-M-72.jpg  Banner-AKHS-72.jpg  Banner-AAMM-72.jpg  ImagoOrbis-72.jpg

As far as I can remember, Preisser used to have 1:100 scale figures (unpainted),

they require a lot of surgery and painting turning them in to seamen, dut it can be done (there used to be some

of those surgery-logs in MSW-1, done by Dafi (working on his 1:100 Heller Victory)

Perhaps you can find them somewhere....

I did: http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/76-hms-victory-by-dafi-to-victory-and-beyond/page-6#entry4763

Jan

Edited by amateur

The 1:100 scale range is rather limited and largely restricted to pedestrians of various nationalities, as they target architectural model builders. I don't think there are many useful poses. At the above link you can download the full catalogue and judge for yourself.

These surgeries or conversion are quite a bit of work. However, there may be certain repetions in pose required, e.g. for gun-crews, so that one may consider taking molds from conversions done and re-cast them in resin. Though this may result in the loss of very fine detail (e.g. individual fingers), the figures are probably still better than the metal casts offered by some suppliers.

wefalck

Edited by wefalck

wefalck

panta rhei - Everything is in flux

M-et-M-72.jpg  Banner-AKHS-72.jpg  Banner-AAMM-72.jpg  ImagoOrbis-72.jpg

George,have you looked at Cornwall Model Boats? Thay have sailors In 22 mm, 25 mm and 32 mm.I think 22 mm is 1/86 .They are out of England.    Larry

With Age Comes Wisdom,I'm Still Waiting!

Current Builds:Syren.Triton Cross section.

Completed Builds: Virginia by AL

King of the Mississippi by AL

Constellation by AL