Anteo by rvchima - FINISHED - Panart - 1:30 - Harbour Tug

Congratulations. Very nice.

........................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Always can be done better, always can be done more!

........................................................................................................................................................................................................................

My builds:

1.  75 mm Boat  - Master Korabel;

2.  95 mm Boat  - Master Korabel;

3.  Double boat  - Master Korabel;

Take good care of her. She's a gem.

Bob

"Even while the storm raged at it's worst, my ship was wholesome and noble." - Captain Joshua Slocum

Current Builds:

L'Hermione 1780 - 1:89 - Artesania Latina   http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/10261-hermione-la-fayette-1780-by-bobstrake-artesania-latina-scale-189/#entry305929<p>

Louise - 1:26 - Constructo  http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/11855-louise-by-bobstrake-constructo-scale-126/?p=360370

Completed Builds:

Carmen 1850 - 1:80 - Constructo - First Build   http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/10398-carmen-1850-by-bobstrake-constructo-scale-180/#entry31137

a fine looking ship!........very nice detail  ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

• 2 weeks later...

What a great!! looking boat..... beautiful job....... this is the shortest build log I've seen here... 4 pages..... an amazing build.....

You are real good!!! :D :D

Frank

completed build: Delta River Co. Riverboat     HMAT SUPPLY

USRC "ALERT"

in progress: Red Dragon  (Chinese junk)

Hello Rod,

congratulation for your marvellous work!

If you want to add a final touch, you can eventually add the radio wires, as in the photo attached.

The Anteo was probably inspired to a series of tugs built in 1935-1937 that belong to the "Porto" (harbour) series.

below the drawing of the Porto Ercole and the photo of the Porto Sdobba and Porto Torres.

in all can be seen the radio wires arrangement.

but probably I arrived a bit late... :)

post-1071-0-94724300-1440796610_thumb.jpg

post-1071-0-10140200-1440796635_thumb.jpg

post-1071-0-25279500-1440797149.jpg

Done:          Venetian Polacre http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/7290-venetian-polacre-by-cristiano-sec-xviii-from-original-drawings/

Halifax  http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/gallery/album/844-halifax/

Ranger  https://modelshipworld.com/gallery/album/2175-ranger-revenue-cutter-by-corel/   

HM Bark Endeavour (Corel kit heavily kitbashed) : http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/gallery/album/125-hmbark-endeavour-corel-kit-bashed/                                              

Venetian Galleon (from scratch) - Pirate Junk - Sicilian Speronara (from scratch)

On the shelf (still packed):     Artesania Le Hussard....

• 1 month later...

Wow Rod, beautiful tug.... I haven't been on here for awhile and had to check in on this log - excellent to say the least! Thanks also for the winch plan - I will do an adaptation of it on the Sanson Tug I am working on. (slowly, but that's how I roll)

• 4 years later...
On 6/28/2015 at 4:49 AM, rvchima said:

4 Water Inlets

post-806-0-46834500-1435459100_thumb.jpg

Any tug boat experts out there? Why would you have 4 huge water inlets on the deck of a tug boat? I sure don't know, but these were fun to make anyway. The bodies are PVC tube and the tops are laser cut ply. The brass hand wheels were rough but I chucked them in my rotary tool and smoothed them with 400 grit wet sandpaper. They screw into little posts made out of a dowel - the same dowel as the mast. Those posts were hard to drill, center, and align, but I got them right after three tries. The kit includes hundreds of little brass hinge posts that are glued into holes that you drill. I was a little apprehensive of them at first, but they work very well. In fact the lids on these water inlets were fully operable until I glued them into place. I figured that I'd never open them and they'd be dangling loose in 10 years.

this are hydrolic control for the winch and kaapstander.  

so it can turn left and right by the wheel.

greetings old sailor P. Smit . ;)

Beautiful job! Well worth your time and effort. Also, very happy to see another tug. 

Paul

On the Ways: Mighty Mite, Harbor Tugboat by pwog - NautiCurso - 1:64

Completed Builds:

Lobster Boat Red Baron (Bluejacket)

Sardine Carrier Pauline (Bluejacket) 
Swampscott Dory (BlueJacket)

• 5 months later...

I'm afraid that I don't know anything about powered boats. My model is strictly for display.

Somewhere else on MSW I posted that some of the planking on the Anteo cracked with changes in humidity. A little disappointing for a display model, but you would probably have use glass fiber over an operating model.

Rod

45 minutes ago, rvchima said:

but you would probably have use glass fiber over an operating model.

It wouldn't hurt on a display model either but is pretty much required on an RC ship of any kind made from wood. The periods of being outdoors and direct exposure to water combined to being placed on the shelf in a relatively warm home environment make for drastic expansion and contraction of the wood medium unless coated and protected.

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Constructo Brigantine Sentinel (Union) (On hold)

Minicraft 1/350 Titanic (For the Admiral)

1/350 Heavy Cruiser USS Houston (Resin)

Currant research/scratchbuild:

Schooner USS Lanikai/Hermes

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

• 7 months later...
  • The title was changed to Anteo by rvchima - FINISHED - Panart - 1:30 - Harbour Tug