Three-mast schooner ATLANTIC by IgorSky - FINISHED - 1/600 Scale - BOTTLE

WOW!  It's in the water?  I thought you were putting it in a bottle.  :D  :D

Every build is a learning experience.

Current build:  SS_ Mariefred

Completed builds:  US Coast Guard Pequot   Friendship-sloop,  Schooner Lettie-G.-Howard,   Spray,   Grand-Banks-dory

a gaff rigged yawl,  HOGA (YT-146),  Int'l Dragon Class II,   Two Edwardian Launches 

In the Gallery:   Catboat,   International-Dragon-Class,   Spray

Hi Bob,

If I found a bottle of such size and placed in it a schooner of such size, on this photo I would stand on the deck :):) :)

Best Regards!

Igor.

And I'd be standing beside you.

Bob

Every build is a learning experience.

Current build:  SS_ Mariefred

Completed builds:  US Coast Guard Pequot   Friendship-sloop,  Schooner Lettie-G.-Howard,   Spray,   Grand-Banks-dory

a gaff rigged yawl,  HOGA (YT-146),  Int'l Dragon Class II,   Two Edwardian Launches 

In the Gallery:   Catboat,   International-Dragon-Class,   Spray

Igor, what an amazing model you are making, I have been sitting with a wide smile all through the build this morning. the way you have accomplished the tiny details is superb. I will be following along.

Michael

Current builds  Bristol Pilot Cutter 1:8;      Skipjack 19 foot Launch 1:8;       Herreshoff Buzzards Bay 14 1:8

Other projects  Pilot Cutter 1:500 ;   Maria, 1:2  Now just a memory    

Future model Gill Smith Catboat Pauline 1:8

Finished projects  A Bassett Lowke steamship Albertic 1:100  

Anything you can imagine is possible, when you put your mind to it.

Is one of the masts in the second photo?

Hi Patrick,

Yes,Yes, I tried to make a mast to check some constructive methods.

post-17539-0-36897100-1424590814_thumb.jpg

On the photo you can see:

1. the heel of the mast with the diameter from 1 to 0,6 mm. I used a bamboo for it because a bamboo stronger than a usual tree and I will need to drill some bores in a mast which will reduce its strength.

2. cross element for installation of additional guys (it seems is called in English the crosspiece , but I am not sure). I used a medical needle with a diameter of 0,4 mm. A little later I will heat it that metall became soft.

3. boring bit with a diameter of 0,3 mm.

4. bamboo toothpick. I have no holder for such boring bit therefore I made a bore in the bamboo toothpick with a diameter of 0,5 mm and pasted a boring bit in a bore. Thus I received the manual tool.

5. boring bit with a diameter of 0,5 mm

So I made a bore with a diameter of 0,3 mm and expanded it by means of the sharp end of a medical needle.

My following task to try to stretch 2 thin threads through a needle.

Best Regards!

Igor.

I assume that I will place the hull of this model in a bottle without masts. Then I will establish masts serially. But it is my assumptions since I didn't make the project of installation of masts and conducting of a rigging yet. And following the aforesaid I think that I will have to establish masts by means of pins.

Best Regards!

Igor.

Interesting build,Igor. With my fading eyesight. I do not believe i could do the same work.

Montani semper liberi    Happy modeling

Crackers    ^_^:):D

I cando with the macro photography ... my eyesight isn't getting any better either. Fortunately I can steel see some of the detail. I enjoy your build tremendously!

Carl

"Desperate affairs require desperate measures." Lord Nelson
Search and you might find a log ...

Interesting build,Igor. With my fading eyesight. I do not believe i could do the same work.

Montani semper liberi    Happy modeling

Crackers    ^_^:):D

Hi avsjerome2003,

Many thanks for compliments!

Yes, my eyes this my weak place for quite some time now too. I use glasses and sometimes a head holder with magnifying glasses now.

Best Regards!

Igor.

Hey Igor, absolutely incredible! I've been slowly working my scale down, but nothing close to how intricate your work is. I'm just trying to figure out what you could possibly learn from my build? I will watch your tiny build grow.

Matt

Matt - aka The Squirrel Whisperer

Current builds - Benjamin W. Latham by Matt

Competed builds - USS Ranger by Matt

HMS Bounty Launch by Matt

18th Century 10" Sea Mortar by Matt

18th Century Naval Smoothbore by Matt

Future builds - Willie L. Bennett Chesapeake Bay skipjack (MS) Half Moon (Corel) Emma C Berry Lobster Smack (MS)US Brigantine Eagle (Corel) New Bedford Whaleboat (MS)

Hi Matt and Lawrence,

Many thanks for words of approval of my work!

Matt, your model of Hms Bounty Launch is magnificent! These mini tools, these details of the boat... the quality and the care of their production... I am delighted. And, of course, I try to study modes and methods of their production.

Lawrence, I will be glad if studying of my building will useful to you, but details of your fishing schooner seem perfectly!

Best Regards!

Igor.

Hi Igor

I know how you feel! I struggled with the binnacle for my schooner Ingomar. The hardest thing for me was how to simulate the hexagonal glass cover to the binnacle itself. I received some really good suggestions from modellers here on MSW. In the end, I decided to use a Swarovski crystal, which was hexagonal in shape. I had to carefully file the bottom flat, after which I then glued it on top of the binnacle stand itself.

I'm not sure if you're intending to do something similar, but this method worked for me.

All the best

Patrick

Edited by Omega1234

Hi Igor,

maybe we all we assume that grain of dust port holes in your model, ;) ;)

Very nice job, congratulations!

Regards, Matija.

Hi Igor

I know how you feel! I struggled with the binnacle for my schooner Ingomar. The hardest thing for me was how to simulate the hexagonal glass cover to the binnacle itself. I received some really good suggestions from modellers here on MSW. In the end, I decided to use a Swarovski crystal, which was hexagonal in shape. I had to carefully file the bottom flat, after which I then glued it on top of the binnacle stand itself.

I'm not sure if you're intending to do something similar, but this method worked for me.

All the best

Patrick

Hi Patrick,

Many thanks for good idea, but the design of the this binnacle is another. I found a photo, but I think that I am not ready to repeat it in my scale.

But I like your idea and I think to me it is necessary to visit a casket with jewelry of my wife  :piratetongueor4:.

Best Regards!

Igor.

post-17539-0-13866600-1425130624_thumb.jpg

Hi Igor,

maybe we all we assume that grain of dust port holes in your model, ;) ;)

Very nice job, congratulations!

Regards, Matija.

Hi Matija,

Many thanks!

I still am not sure that I understand correctly((

But if you and Lawrence mean it, I simply pasted PE ring.

Best Regards!

Igor.

post-17539-0-21055900-1425131073_thumb.jpg

Hi Lawrence,

Thanks for good word!

I am sorry, but what port holes you mean?

Best Regards!

Igor.

Hi Igor and Lawrence

Sorry, but the confusion over those portholes is my fault.  I had posted a couple of photos of my model of Ingomar to show the binnacle I made.  But, I hadn't asked Igor's permission to put photos in his log; so, as it may be considered hijacking of his thread, I've removed them.

Igor - my apologies!

Cheers

Patrik

Hi Igor and Lawrence

Sorry, but the confusion over those portholes is my fault.  I had posted a couple of photos of my model of Ingomar to show the binnacle I made.  But, I hadn't asked Igor's permission to put photos in his log; so, as it may be considered hijacking of his thread, I've removed them.

Igor - my apologies!

Cheers

Patrik

Oh, Patrick, I is always glad to see photos of your models!