Three-mast schooner ATLANTIC by IgorSky - FINISHED - 1/600 Scale - BOTTLE

Igor,

Just found your build. What a wonderfully small scale to be working in. I can only imagine how steady your hands are to be working with such small pieces, especially that launch. Keep up the good work.

Carl

Completed builds: AL Bluenose II 1:75  Gallery
                              Amati Hannah SIB 1:300  Gallery

Current Build: Bluenose II - SIB - unknown scale

Your every piece is so incredible. Your close up pictures are so full of detail. Is there any way you could include a common item(maybe a coin) so we can have a reference to how very small your pieces are? Thanks for your continued insperational attention to detail!

Matt

Matt - aka The Squirrel Whisperer

Current builds - Benjamin W. Latham by Matt

Competed builds - USS Ranger by Matt

HMS Bounty Launch by Matt

18th Century 10" Sea Mortar by Matt

18th Century Naval Smoothbore by Matt

Future builds - Willie L. Bennett Chesapeake Bay skipjack (MS) Half Moon (Corel) Emma C Berry Lobster Smack (MS)US Brigantine Eagle (Corel) New Bedford Whaleboat (MS)

Hi Carl, Carl and Matt,

A lot of thanks for your words of approval and an appreciation!

Carl, I used a steering wheel from the set of the photoetched details. It is deameter 2 mm. post-17539-0-25402300-1425135442_thumb.jpg

Matt, OK, I will try to do a photo of details near a coin. You are familiar with the European coins?

Now I can report that diameter of a steering wheel of 2 mm, diameter of the basis of a binnacle of 1,5 mm. Diameter of the binnacle is 1 mm. The total height of a binnacle is 2 mm.

Best Regards!

Igor.

post-17539-0-98349300-1425135472_thumb.jpg

post-17539-0-70020800-1425135495_thumb.jpg

Beautiful work Igor.

Michael

Current builds  Bristol Pilot Cutter 1:8;      Skipjack 19 foot Launch 1:8;       Herreshoff Buzzards Bay 14 1:8

Other projects  Pilot Cutter 1:500 ;   Maria, 1:2  Now just a memory    

Future model Gill Smith Catboat Pauline 1:8

Finished projects  A Bassett Lowke steamship Albertic 1:100  

Anything you can imagine is possible, when you put your mind to it.

Hey Igor, once again amazing miniature details! Instead of a coin in your photo, how about one with the ship in your hand?

Matt - aka The Squirrel Whisperer

Current builds - Benjamin W. Latham by Matt

Competed builds - USS Ranger by Matt

HMS Bounty Launch by Matt

18th Century 10" Sea Mortar by Matt

18th Century Naval Smoothbore by Matt

Future builds - Willie L. Bennett Chesapeake Bay skipjack (MS) Half Moon (Corel) Emma C Berry Lobster Smack (MS)US Brigantine Eagle (Corel) New Bedford Whaleboat (MS)

Hi Igor,

photos of your work give me the feeling that I am going into the cathedral ... I feel so small.

Brilliant and beautiful.

Regards, Matija.

Hi Igor, 

photos of your work give me the feeling that I am going into the cathedral ... I feel so small.

Brilliant and beautiful. 

Regards, Matija.

Hi Matija,

A lot of thanks for such appreciation of my modest work!

Believe, it I feel like the beginning beginner when I watch and learn at the scratch build logs of your fine models.

Best Regards!

Igor.

Igor, this is really amazing work.  I can't believe that I haven't seen your logs before.  Your techniques would have come in really handy when I was working on my Hannah ship-in-bottle.

The details you are adding really make for a special model.  And to think this is all at 1:600 scale, wow!  

Mike

Current Wooden builds:  Amati/Victory Pegasus  MS Charles W. Morgan  Euromodel La Renommèe  

Plastic builds:    SB2U-1 Vindicator 1/48  Five Star Yaeyama 1/700  Pit Road Asashio and Akashi 1/700 diorama  Walrus 1/48 and Albatross 1/700  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/32  Eduard Sikorsky JRS-1 1/72  IJN Notoro 1/700  Akitsu Maru 1/700

Completed builds :  Caldercraft Brig Badger   Amati Hannah - Ship in Bottle  Pit Road Hatsuzakura 1/700   Hasegawa Shimakaze 1:350

F4B-4 and P-6E 1/72  Accurate Miniatures F3F-1/F3F-2 1/48  Tamiya F4F-4 Wildcat built as FM-1 1/48  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/48

Citroen 2CV 1/24 - Airfix and Tamiya  Entex Morgan 3-wheeler 1/16

Terminated build:  HMS Lyme (based on Corel Unicorn)  

On the shelf:  Euromodel Friedrich Wilhelm zu Pferde; Caldercraft Victory; too many plastic ship, plane and car kits

Future potential scratch builds:  HMS Lyme (from NMM plans); Le Gros Ventre (from Ancre monographs), Dutch ship from Ab Hoving book, HMS Sussex from McCardle book, Philadelphia gunboat (Smithsonian plans)

After seeing your models, I think I'm inspired to try them out again.  Take care my friend, I'll keep a look out for your updates.

Mike

Current Wooden builds:  Amati/Victory Pegasus  MS Charles W. Morgan  Euromodel La Renommèe  

Plastic builds:    SB2U-1 Vindicator 1/48  Five Star Yaeyama 1/700  Pit Road Asashio and Akashi 1/700 diorama  Walrus 1/48 and Albatross 1/700  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/32  Eduard Sikorsky JRS-1 1/72  IJN Notoro 1/700  Akitsu Maru 1/700

Completed builds :  Caldercraft Brig Badger   Amati Hannah - Ship in Bottle  Pit Road Hatsuzakura 1/700   Hasegawa Shimakaze 1:350

F4B-4 and P-6E 1/72  Accurate Miniatures F3F-1/F3F-2 1/48  Tamiya F4F-4 Wildcat built as FM-1 1/48  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/48

Citroen 2CV 1/24 - Airfix and Tamiya  Entex Morgan 3-wheeler 1/16

Terminated build:  HMS Lyme (based on Corel Unicorn)  

On the shelf:  Euromodel Friedrich Wilhelm zu Pferde; Caldercraft Victory; too many plastic ship, plane and car kits

Future potential scratch builds:  HMS Lyme (from NMM plans); Le Gros Ventre (from Ancre monographs), Dutch ship from Ab Hoving book, HMS Sussex from McCardle book, Philadelphia gunboat (Smithsonian plans)

Great work Igor.  I especially like your planking and metal work.  I look forward to seeing the progress on this build.