Kancabas cargo boat by mhmtyrl - FINISHED

thank you all for  nice replies

Senior ole salt, wish I could build figures, would be so nice to have some on the deck working :-)

by the way, your question about the spirit sail, the ropes attached are tied to the things (do not know the english name, sorry) at two sides of the deck, when these knots are released, I guess there will be enough rope for sail to move either side. actually this kind of attachment may not be historically accurate as I could only find the original plans not including the rigging stuff. In reality those ropes should be fitted with blocks I guess, tightened and loosened more effectively.

about the furled sails near the deck, I have to draw some sketches to show how I made them furled, will do that in the evening

best

Mehmet

hello 

attached are some sketches for furling fore sails.   

I have cut the sails like below, and furling is done wih short lengths of sail (At the end the sail should look like curtain when the window glass is widely seeen) each furling should be short in width, this makes a more realistic appearence.

after furling is done, the sail is tied with round ropes to the bow sprit, or alternatively it can be wrapped aroud itself.

there are very nice models with furled fore sails on the net, every one of them had given me idea about how to do.

mehmet

post-10466-0-63809700-1448364915_thumb.png

• The title was changed to Kancabas cargo boat by mhmtyrl - FINISHED