HMS VICTORY 1759 by isalbert

Beautiful precise work Isalbert,

you must have many years of experience in historic shipbuilding, building the mast parts says it all......

I joined in after the great crash, when when MSW V2 was already under way , so unfortunately I did see your early build sequences, trust I`ve missed something.. BTW may I ask, where is your Location ?

Nils

Hello everyone, we French, we ask ourselves how was fixed fittings (banding) on the mat and binoculars at the time: it is in one piece or three pieces ie fittings binoculars welded to the fitting of the mast ?.

Pending your response, good day

Isalbert

PS: voir photo

post-1668-0-37343000-1430397194_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

Hello Isalbert.

Making Exelent progress.

The finish on you timber is amazing and it shows in your build.

I also like the number of photos you post with so many different angles. And nice camera work as well.

A truly excellent build.

Regards Antony.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

While i certainly am admiring the quality of your workmanship (outstanding!!!), i think that the name of the thread is a bit misleading. The model you are so beutifully crafting is of the Victory after her great refit. The gallion figure is completly different to what it was in 1759. At the rear you have no balconies, as far as i know there were galleries there before refit. If you have a look and compare your masterpiece to the one off Doris, you will see a lot of differences.

Edited by maaaslo